BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-06-2021, 12:46 PM   #1
ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Invisihitch Slop

I have had an Invisihitch setup on my 2018 X5 for a few years now and until I attached the hitch ball attachment yesterday for the first time this season, I had not previously been able to move the attachment at all when I try to wiggle it (i.e., no slop). When I attached the attachment yesterday I noticed that I can wiggle it up and down just a very small bit. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I don't know what parts could have worn or loosened to cause this. The weather is a bit colder this week than it usually is when I use the hitch, but it is still in the 40s so it isn't that cold. At first I thought maybe the colder weather could have caused the metal to contract enough to create the slop, but I think that explanation is not likely to be correct. I do have a spare attachment hitch ball mount and I checked to see if the slop is still there when K attach the spare mount. Same result (small wiggle).
Appreciate 0