BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-20-2018, 08:38 AM   #1
SMC23
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Subaru XTrek / X5 40e

F15 X5 40e with M Performance Sports Brake Kit

Has anyone with an F15 40e successfully retrofitted the M Performance brake kit?

We are approaching 70k mileage on the car soon and having the brakes being the mediocre aspect of the performance, I thought of putting in more substantial stopping power. The kit below seems to be for the other F15 variants, but not sure if it would also be compatible with the 40e. The regenerative braking may be the difference b/w the models.

Btw- the car has been fabolous for us! Can’t wait for the next gen.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/34112348054/

Part no: 34-11-2-348-054
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 09:10 AM   #2
gwes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanido View Post
Has anyone with an F15 40e successfully retrofitted the M Performance brake kit?

We are approaching 70k mileage on the car soon and having the brakes being the mediocre aspect of the performance, I thought of putting in more substantial stopping power. The kit below seems to be for the other F15 variants, but not sure if it would also be compatible with the 40e. The regenerative braking may be the difference b/w the models.

Did you ever go ahead with this? From what I’ve read it didn’t look like you could add the MPBK on the 40e but I’m really not sure why it would be an issue. I’d definitely be interested in upgrading my brakes as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 10:26 PM   #3
msn_xander
Registered
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanido View Post

Did you proceed with this? I'm looking forward to upgrade mine too. Any feedback?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 07:28 PM   #4
gwes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by msn_xander View Post
Did you proceed with this? I'm looking forward to upgrade mine too. Any feedback?
Has anyone gone through with this? Any reason it wouldn’t work?

gwes
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 06:45 PM   #5
EverTemple
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive40e

In case anyone still wonders.

I retrofitted a BBK (Big Brake Kit) from Brembo rather than getting the M Performance Brake Kit. However, it is about the same size, except that my brake rotor is slotted rather than drilled/cross-drilled. So I do not see a reason why it will not fit.

Upgrading the brakes WILL NOT affect or break the regenerative braking.

The braking performance is only increased when the system actually applies the brake caliper, rather than reversing the electric motor to slow down, so the initial brake pedal press still feels a bit unresponsive.

I have attempted to code SBRE (which is the correct code for F15 rather than SPBR) into the FA. However, it might not be a valid code for the 40e model as I keep getting ABS and various vehicle stabilization failure warnings despite reprogramming the relevant ECUs according to this guide. Maybe I did something wrong, I will have to try again sometime.

Nevertheless, it will have an increased brake performance and heat dispersion than the stock floating caliper, regardless of coding, but it just won't be braking at its best due to the missing coding.

Hope it helps
Appreciate 0