BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-25-2022, 03:08 PM   #45
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
I know a lot of people have the BMW all weather and like them - but I did not. They seem to be too "thick" and stiff. The gaps around mine drove me nuts and the sound of my feet moving around on them reminded me of a Mack truck.

In my opinion - the KAGU ones are far better than the OEM ones as they fit like a glove and do not move around - ever. It's almost like the entire underside is covered in a sort of mild velcro and grabs the carpet. Still easy to remove, but they do not slide around.

I think the carpet ones take it one step further and give the sounds deadening and feel of normal velour mats with the all weather protection of the KAGU. About 1-2 times a year I pull them out and simple green them and then power wash them and they look new again. And I hunt in mine, so they see mud covered muck boots and all that occasionally, not just a little snow on my loafers.

The "Elegant" ones looks closest to what I have - and might be the same. I have them in the front and back and then the KAGU liner in the cargo area. So far I have not even considered I should have gotten something else - they have been exactly what I hoped when I got them.

I like the all KAGU set up I had in 2 prior vehicles too, but the carpet ones just took it to another level for me. I'd buy them again at twice the price.
Just ordered the carpeted ones for the front. Thanks so much for your detailed feedback on em. No carpeted currently in stock for the back so I'll probably order Kagu for the rear seats.

EDIT: inventory and pricing is such a moving target these days. I can get a carpeted rear for $68 or a Kagu for $81. But the carpeted is Tan. Almost thinking I'll spend the difference on some black dye...
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6

Last edited by Vivek.; 01-25-2022 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 04:02 PM   #46
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Yeah - these have always been a little tough to find, but now they are even worse. I swear they could beat weathertech to peices if they had some marketing and inventory partners. I like them so much more.

For a hunt/wood truck - weathertechs are perfect. But for a nice DD SUV that occasioanlly see's some mud/snow - these are the perfect comprimise for me. Looks great and same protection.

I hope they work well for you!
      01-25-2022, 06:13 PM   #47
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
Yeah - these have always been a little tough to find, but now they are even worse. I swear they could beat weathertech to peices if they had some marketing and inventory partners. I like them so much more.

For a hunt/wood truck - weathertechs are perfect. But for a nice DD SUV that occasioanlly see's some mud/snow - these are the perfect comprimise for me. Looks great and same protection.

I hope they work well for you!
Weathertech's are so ugly lol. The first I heard about these, I saw em in person (kagu) on a Cayenne I test drove and thought they looked really good for a waterproof mat.
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 1
unluky7528.00