BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-05-2022, 11:06 PM   #1
9vapors
Major
Rep
Drives: CB X5M

What did you do to you F85 today?

I made this thread in the E70 forum and it's still popular today. Since this sub seems to be pretty slow, post up what you're working on, whether it's a nice wax/ceramic detail, ppf, swapping something, cleaning something etc!

I'll start…

I added some more heat mitigation/decluttering to the engine bay. That engine wiring bridge that goes over the turbo heat shield just makes for an unnecessary time consumption to remove whenever doing plugs etc. With the PTP turbo blanket and wrapped/coated catless downpipes, the heat has already been reduced significantly. This is purely overkill at this point as after a spirited drive, I can put my hand on the top of the PTP blanket, but I wanted to wrap the cables that were previously in the wire management bridge. You can see another recent install, the BMS catch cans!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-06-2022, 12:11 AM   #2
ericliuhc
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

New brake pads and wheel color changed last week.
Appreciate 1
9vapors651.50
      05-06-2022, 12:27 AM   #3
9vapors
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericliuhc View Post
New brake pads and wheel color changed last week.
Wheel color change? Any pics?
Appreciate 1
murmur59.00
      05-06-2022, 01:24 AM   #4
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018-X5M-BLK Sapphire Edition

Had a bit of a workout today. Changed out my winter wheel and snow set up for my Summer 612 M wheels with H&R spacers from RG Sport.
      05-06-2022, 11:01 PM   #5
ericliuhc
Private
Canada
Rep

gloss black
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      05-06-2022, 11:05 PM   #6
9vapors
Major
Rep

I want to see those mounted! What are you lowered on?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 01:31 AM   #7
ericliuhc
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9vapors View Post
I want to see those mounted! What are you lowered on?
kw v3. Gonna wait for a sunny day to put them on(Raincouver)
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 09:23 PM   #8
Cbozz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
Quote:
I made this thread in the E70 forum and it's still popular today. Since this sub seems to be pretty slow, post up what you're working on, whether it's a nice wax/ceramic detail, ppf, swapping something, cleaning something etc!

I'll start…

I added some more heat mitigation/decluttering to the engine bay. That engine wiring bridge that goes over the turbo heat shield just makes for an unnecessary time consumption to remove whenever doing plugs etc. With the PTP turbo blanket and wrapped/coated catless downpipes, the heat has already been reduced significantly. This is purely overkill at this point as after a spirited drive, I can put my hand on the top of the PTP blanket, but I wanted to wrap the cables that were previously in the wire management bridge. You can see another recent install, the BMS catch cans!

nice!! I'm actually working on installing those catch cans... I'm using the actual valves that plug into the intake tho... I see you plugged the hose directly into the intake.. any issues with that?
      05-08-2022, 12:18 AM   #9
9vapors
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbozz View Post
Quote:

I'll start…

nice!! I'm actually working on installing those catch cans... I'm using the actual valves that plug into the intake tho... I see you plugged the hose directly into the intake.. any issues with that?
I'm using the valves as well, you just put them on the in side…
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 06:29 AM   #10
Yuille36
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M, BMW M3, MB E63 AMG

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
I replaced my old CF Mirror covers, they were starting to delaminate in the middle and outer edges. I purchased these mirror covers, as direct replacement for the OEM. They were Carbon Fiber laid over plastic and were cheap. Lesson....Don't buy cheap sh@t After about 8 months, thru the fall, winter and spring, I started noticing some waves in the carbon fiber. It looked to me, as the carbon fiber started to delaminate from the plastic that it was bonded to. Well, my ODC started kicking in, and I knew that I had to replace them. The issue as on only one mirror. So, I began my search and found real Dry Carbon Fiber mirror covers that are direct replacements for $455 a set. These mirrors now match my dry carbon front splitter and rear diffuser. And I couldn't be happier.
Attached Images

05-08-2022, 10:21 AM   #11
GotV8?
Captain
Rep
Drives: Jerez E92 M3 ZCP "12"

Garage List
Upgraded rear big brake for 18 Black Fire Edition

Wanted to give CBozz a shoutout for a great product…finally got around to bleeding entire brake fluid and installed new front Hawk Pads up front to reduce the terrible brake dust from OEM pads…and New pads recommended by CBozz from Porterfield with is awesome Brembo Rear Brake kit!!! Here are some pictures.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
9vapors651.50
Cbozz688.50
      05-08-2022, 11:43 AM   #12
9vapors
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuille36 View Post
I replaced my old CF Mirror covers, they were starting to delaminate in the middle and outer edges. I purchased these mirror covers, as direct replacement for the OEM. They were Carbon Fiber laid over plastic and were cheap. Lesson....Don't buy cheap sh@t After about 8 months, thru the fall, winter and spring, I started noticing some waves in the carbon fiber. It looked to me, as the carbon fiber started to delaminate from the plastic that it was bonded to. Well, my ODC started kicking in, and I knew that I had to replace them. The issue as on only one mirror. So, I began my search and found real Dry Carbon Fiber mirror covers that are direct replacements for $455 a set. These mirrors now match my dry carbon front splitter and rear diffuser. And I couldn't be happier.
What's that piece of plastic in your grille?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 03:35 PM   #13
Yuille36
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Oh, that is my laser shifter/jammer
      05-08-2022, 03:52 PM   #14
Yuille36
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotV8? View Post
Wanted to give CBozz a shoutout for a great product…finally got around to bleeding entire brake fluid and installed new front Hawk Pads up front to reduce the terrible brake dust from OEM pads…and New pads recommended by CBozz from Porterfield with is awesome Brembo Rear Brake kit!!! Here are some pictures.
This is utterly ridiculous that BMW didn't install these rear calipers from the beginning. I installed mine last year, but went with PowerStop Carbon Ceramics Pads.
      05-12-2022, 12:41 PM   #15
alinkayukh
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1 35i

Things im doing this weekend & up coming week:

Interior swap, from black to silverstone
Installing CF front lip + sideskirts
Tint, solar tint on windshield + wrap on the front bumper
Installing VTF adjustable springs
Appreciate 1
9vapors651.50
      05-12-2022, 02:23 PM   #16
Yuille36
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
I was planning on having my X5M fully detailed, (interior shampoo, paint sealant) but that all depends on what the weather situation is going to be. Might have to reschedule for the week of the 23rd.
      05-12-2022, 02:33 PM   #17
9vapors
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinkayukh View Post
Things im doing this weekend & up coming week:

Interior swap, from black to silverstone
Installing CF front lip + sideskirts
Tint, solar tint on windshield + wrap on the front bumper
Installing VTF adjustable springs
Take pics of the VTF install. I don't see any spring install threads at all, and I need to install mine too!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 02:54 PM   #18
alinkayukh
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1 35i

Quote:
Take pics of the VTF install. I don't see any spring install threads at all, and I need to install mine too!
For sure! Ill try to do a video
Appreciate 1
9vapors651.50
      05-14-2022, 03:45 PM   #19
J0hnnyB0yx5m
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M

Welp I ran my truck way to hard lol to the point we're brakes started to fail lol trans seem to be acting bit funny with shifts but all else seems ok lol deff put a good hurting on my tires too lol
Appreciate 1
9vapors651.50
      05-15-2022, 11:24 AM   #20
MD in CT
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

Can someone point me to the directions on how to post pics please?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2022, 03:23 PM   #21
9vapors
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD in CT View Post
Can someone point me to the directions on how to post pics please?
I think you need a couple of posts my friend
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2022, 07:32 PM   #22
slow_roll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuille36 View Post
Did the same here today. Installed my BMW performance carbon mirror caps. OEM quality and fitment can't be beat..
Appreciate 0