BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-23-2015, 10:36 AM   #1
Deneriuss
Semper Fidelis
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 xDrive40i

Performance Center Pick Up?

One of the coolest things that I have seen so far is the ability to actually go down the the Performance Center in SC and be able to accept delivery of your new ride. From the sounds of it, not only does it seem like a great experience, but an opportunity to see something that very few actually see when buying a new vehicle.

As I say this, I have a dilemma, I now have the opportunity to now do this myself. I am wondering if anyone else has had to chance to do this and what the opinions of it are. With doing this I will end up having to wait an extra 10 days in order for me to get my new ride. Is it worth it? Or would it be better to just get my ride early?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 11:23 AM   #2
Deneriuss
Semper Fidelis
United_States
Rep

Found another answer from Bimmerfest and this is what it stated:

They are great about taking care of most things. A few things you can ask your dealer to do before you go is to get your account set up with BMW Connect. That way the tech can show you how to operate things instead of just telling you how to set it up. It will also make sure you can use the BMW Remote App.

Make sure you download the BMW Remote App before you get there and ask them to test it out with you and to show you how to transfer a location in Google Maps to your car while you are there.

Make sure they show you how to set up all elements tied to a profile and how it works with the two keys (ie Seat position, mirrors, HUD height, radio stations, temp. etc.)

Have them show you how to toggle between rear view and surround view while in reverse.

Make sure you understand how to use the Auto H button which is a great feature.

Have them show you the front view camera and where it is if you got Driver Assistance +.

If you got a diesel, have them show you how to limit the gas stations in the POI to diesel only.

Also have them show you the difference of using the POI search feature vs. just using the POI in the database. The search is much more effective.

Have them show you haw to see the street view for any location you put in to search.

Most importantly, do not be in a rush because they will stay there as long as you would like and it is paid for. You will never have this much personal attention for your car again. Have a list of all the things you would like covered because after the driving experience that you are going to have and the great tour, its hard to get focused again.

The experience is absolutely amazing from beginning to end. Have a great time!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 11:37 AM   #3
rlemek
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 M-sport

I did it! It was so much fun! hilarious to see some of the people being driven in the M3'S and fun when its your turn.
awesome to see the ability of your x5 and not abuse your own to see it.
The people are so friendly
The hotel is a bit dated...
and I got a windshield chip driving all the way back to fla.

I would do it again for sure but would fly back home and have car transported.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 11:42 AM   #4
Deneriuss
Semper Fidelis
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the response, I have family about three and half hours from there and was thinking of staying with them for the weekend and having someone put on the protective film before driving all the way back home.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 01:50 AM   #5
F15GorDe
Well versed in the care and feeding of BMWs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15d, F10

We did this on 11/5 and had a blast, driving all the way back to Northern California. Yep, in 2/12 months I've rolled up over 7200 miles!

YES, by all means do it, you will not regret it. The posting with the tips and questions you found is spot on! Have fun!
      01-25-2015, 10:08 AM   #6
turbotoy4me
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Garage List
2015 Porsche Macan ...  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2020 BMW  [0.00]
This is an awesome experience. I highly recommend that you do it. We picked up our 335i m-sport and it was a blast. The track driving is fantastic, then you get to drive the off road coarse which shows how incredible the X vehicles are. They are far more capable than most of us ever will use them.
Again, this is a great experience.

Let us know if you decide to do it.
Appreciate 0