07-19-2019, 01:10 PM   #23
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajindergill View Post
Dealer did not find a problem, but suggested I switch off the lane change warning. I have done that and got all the tyre pressures to within 0.1 bar. I think the car is very sensitive to small differences in tyre pressure. It seems a little better, but the wife's F30 is easier to keep in lane.
Curious as to what your suspension & steering settings are? I wonder if this thread applies to your situation?

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1634994
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 06:46 PM   #24
JMAN1111
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 Black Fire X6M, F16 X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMdblU View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN1111 View Post
You guys need to road force balance on all 4 corners
Excuse my ignorance but what's road force balance?

Please feel free to check this out.
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2019, 11:36 AM   #25
enzom
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 X5M/20 720S/20 992 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post
What steering setting are you using while driving - comfort, sport or sport plus?

I ask because i did a long(ish) drive today and notice significant differences between the three settings at highway speeds. Sport was the least preferable for me, lots of adjustments needed. It was also quite windy so that could have been part of it.
Changing my steering setting from Sport to Comfort made the car much easier to drive al high speeds without constant steering adjustments. Thanks.
20 992 C4S
15 458 Speciale
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2019, 02:15 PM   #26
VGM6
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86 X6M & E63 M6

I had very similar issues and still have them. We have 2 X6M’s and they’re both doing it. One has 20’s the other has 21’s it’s the width of the tires from what all my SA’s I’ve gone to have told me. The tires are so fat that any road with imperfections will pull ever so slightly. One thing for any new owner that I would recommend is to have an alignment done. This won’t fix your issue but from the factory the alignment is horrible. Both my cars I’ve noticed very bad tire wear on the front tires especially. My first set of fronts lasted me 15k KM’s once I got my new tires and alignment done i no longer have the tires wearing out on the sides. Both cars have had alignment and tire wear issues. Just a recommendation that I think is worth getting done especially if the car is new. You might be able to get your dealer to cover it since if you blame it on the small corrections but seriously something to consider
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 01:34 PM   #27
ViperBoy2
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M

Just took my F85 on its first trip to the mountains after owning a E70 X5M for 6 years. Tires were just replaced with 22" Toyos along with alignment. Steering is definitely "twitchy" in comparison, but I think it is a combination of lighter resistance electric steering and wider front tires. The 2011 steering was amazing and just felt "right" - hopefully will just take getting used to the new version
Appreciate 0