BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-13-2019, 09:21 PM   #1
baliano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3, X5M

I recently took part in an exotic car rally to Aspen. We had about 85 cars, mostly exotic/higher end sports cars. It was loads of fun in the X5 M! I had an issue getting tires for another vehicle of mine so that's why I took the X5M and I'm glad I did. I was extremely impressed with how well it performed benchmarking it against some very capable cars. Anyhow, I thought I'd share a few pics from the event. Cheers!
Attached Images

Eisenmann Race Black Series/Dinan/Active Autowerke/ Morr VS52/H&R/Arkym Front lip/Arkym Rear diffuser/Blacked out exterior trim/Custom Mirror's/ Performance CF spoiler/Huper Optik 20%/Lux H8/ DD- F85 Donington/Mugello, FI DP, BootMod, KW V3

Appreciate 5
r33_RGSport12803.00
iconoclast7257.50
AwesomeM31634.50
EricU660.00
      08-13-2019, 09:29 PM   #2
baliano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by baliano View Post
I recently took part in an exotic car rally to Aspen. We had about 85 cars, mostly exotic/higher end sports cars. It was loads of fun in the X5 M! I had an issue getting tires for another vehicle of mine so that's why I took the X5M and I'm glad I did. I was extremely impressed with how well it performed benchmarking it against some very capable cars. Anyhow, I thought I'd share a few pics from the event. Cheers!
A few more...
Attached Images

Eisenmann Race Black Series/Dinan/Active Autowerke/ Morr VS52/H&R/Arkym Front lip/Arkym Rear diffuser/Blacked out exterior trim/Custom Mirror's/ Performance CF spoiler/Huper Optik 20%/Lux H8/ DD- F85 Donington/Mugello, FI DP, BootMod, KW V3

Appreciate 4
r33_RGSport12803.00
donut_boi997.50
EricU660.00
      08-13-2019, 10:59 PM   #3
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Nice!! I bet you are the only one that still can walk straight once arrived at the destination.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 11:19 PM   #4
baliano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Nice!! I bet you are the only one that still can walk straight once arrived at the destination.
🤣very true! Most of the exotic drivers got a free chiropractic adjustment due to the punishing road conditions. Most comfortable car there for sure (aside from a couple of Bentley's.) I had quite a bit of seat time in a Ferrari 488 as well and when talking to other 488 owners we determined that the air conditioning only came in two modes:
1. Antarctica 2. Sahara
I remarked how nice my air conditioned seats were 😎

Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12803.00
      08-14-2019, 12:41 PM   #5
KCTiger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Bailano - I want to be you lol. How amazing of an experience that must of been. I am just a poor guy from Missouri. I MIGHT see one exotic a month. Probably just one every six months.

Is it presumptuous/rude to ask what vehicle you had trouble getting tires for? I am thinking a Ferrari or something.

Thanks a ton for posting though, so really amazing pictures and awesome to see the X5M hang against those pure breds.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 04:34 PM   #6
baliano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTiger View Post
Bailano - I want to be you lol. How amazing of an experience that must of been. I am just a poor guy from Missouri. I MIGHT see one exotic a month. Probably just one every six months.

Is it presumptuous/rude to ask what vehicle you had trouble getting tires for? I am thinking a Ferrari or something.

Thanks a ton for posting though, so really amazing pictures and awesome to see the X5M hang against those pure breds.
I'm currently flirting with the idea of a used 458 or more likely a Porsche GT3, but currently no exotics in my garage. I was going to take my ESS 625 E92. Performance wise it can hang with many exotics but it is far from stock.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0