BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-08-2024, 12:47 PM   #1
tavyx
Rep
Drives: e92 lots of issues :)

Valvetronic live data angle

Hello all, my valvetronic has developed the rattle of death and I am try to perform a correct diagnostic on this vehicle. This vehicle is been sitting in storage for one year or maybe 2. Being started every 6 months or so for about 15 minutes at idle.

N55 engine 47k Kms

Now the valveltronic is rattling and I unplogged to save the eccentric shaft from wearing. the only code I have at the initial scan is 135608 - valvetronic system no movement identified.

Diagnostic: Ista is mentioning, replacing motor, replace harness, replace DME in this exact order.
I have checked live data and the actuator is stuck at 191 degrees, connected NEW OEM actuator outside the engine and same 191 degrees. (Suspecting defective DME)
removed valve cover and inspected there, everything is normal, no wear. the shaft is moving to the low position and back to maximum position then rattles. (not sure if it goes all the way to minimum stopper)

I worked on E70 N55 engine and the valvetronic degrees are changing under live data. it shows exactly where the shaft is in rapport to min and max degrees.
I worked on F25 N20 engine and for this one the actual angle is not an available parameter.

I would like to ask someone with access to ISTA or any scanner that can check the actuator degrees under live data to see if it will change while changing ignition on and off or while the engine is running.

Thank you.

Last edited by tavyx; 04-08-2024 at 12:52 PM..
Appreciate 0