Other 13 14.94%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

07-25-2019, 06:34 PM   #45
1norseman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Here is Chevrolet's view on high performance A/S tires vs Summer Tires for the new Corvette, and their reason for using A/S tires on the base version.

Excerpts from the article:
["Tires have improved to the point that today's all-season tires can provide dry grip that's better than what summer tires could do not that long ago."]

["This tire doesn't make the compromises that a summer tire will make when the temperature drops below 40 or 50 degrees, especially if it's wet," says Lee Willard....]
(the tire he is talking about is the new Michelin A/S 4 tire, but pretty much the same goes for all HiPerf A/S tires vs Summer only tires, just not quite as extreme as 1.0g lateral...)

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...-season-tires/
Appreciate 1
BimmerTy191.50
      06-01-2023, 03:17 PM   #46
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin2911 View Post
So I know there have been several threads that discuss this, but I wanted to see where the general sentiment has landed with all-season tires for our X5's. My Pirelli's are nearing the end of the line, and I am now starting to figure out what I want to put on the car now. I will definitely be moving away from run-flats, and I already have the space-saver spare in the trunk.

As far as I gather, the most recommended tires we seem to see are the Conti DWS 06, the Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+, the Michelin Premier LTX, and possibly a couple others. I have the standard xLine non-staggered setup, so the 255/50/19s. Are people getting near the warranty distance on these tires above? Any other thoughts?
For anyone looking for new tires. Here is my experience with 19 inch standard rims with M Sport with Adaptive M suspension, xdrive 50i.

1. Started with Pirelli Scorpion, run flat - I had no complaints
2. Switched to Continental DWS 06 Plus - too bouncy, but quieter than Scorpion run flats
3. Switched back to Pirelli Scorpion run flats - better handling IMHO, slightly noisier.

I think the X5 is optimized for the the Scorpion run flats.
Appreciate 0