BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-03-2017, 01:19 AM   #1
BigHurmJr
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 M-Sport

Ordering a 2018 X5 M Sport

Gentlemen,

So, tomorrow I?m about to put in a build order for a 2018 BMW X5 M Sport. So with the listing of the changes does anyone know when that?s going to happen? I?ll be pissed if they change the body style shortly after I buy an X5. Please let me know!

Edit: Nevermind. I found the release time frame on another thread. Well, that throws a huge monkey wrench into the mix. Not sure what I'm going to do now but I do know I'd rather have the newer design since I'm purchasing the vehicle and not leasing.

My salesman did say that I would get the digital cluster today and the latest in the i-drive if I were to build it. He said that it would take 2 to 4 weeks for my build.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 12:43 PM   #2
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHurmJr View Post
My salesman did say that I would get the digital cluster today and the latest in the i-drive if I were to build it. He said that it would take 2 to 4 weeks for my build.
That's totally not what you'll have in G05. Everyone with 6WB and ID6 who are proud today that they have the latest and greatest will feel like losers next summer.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 02:09 PM   #3
BigHurmJr
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Quote:
That's totally not what you'll have in G05. Everyone with 6WB and ID6 who are proud today that they have the latest and greatest will feel like losers next summer.
Exactly. That?s why I?ve decided to wait. I don?t want to buy this model knowing that it?s going to be obsolete in just a couple of months.

All things point to the interior to look like the new 5 series and 3 series interiors which I absolutely love.
I?ve been trying to get in touch with my salesman today to ask a few questions about the 2019 instead of building the 2018 like I intended.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 02:20 PM   #4
BigHurmJr
Private
Rep

Just talked to my salesman and he said they are not shortening production for this current body style for next year. He is saying that the X5 total redesign is going to be in 2020.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 05:52 PM   #5
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Just talked to my salesman and he said they are not shortening production for this current body style for next year. He is saying that the X5 total redesign is going to be in 2020.
Because his goal is to sell you something, anything today. Moreover, BMW does not tell their dealers everything. The information you can find here on this site is always more reliable and comprehensive than any dealer can tell you. The only exception is pricing.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 06:17 PM   #6
BigHurmJr
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Because his goal is to sell you something, anything today. Moreover, BMW does not tell their dealers everything. The information you can find here on this site is always more reliable and comprehensive than any dealer can tell you. The only exception is pricing.
Yeah your right about BMW not saying anything that was apparent today when I talked to my salesman. He said he would have to go find out, but he was adamant that BMW sticks with 7 year body style. I told him I didn't think that was happening this time around.

I have no doubt that he was just trying to make his sale, honestly the average consumer probably doesn't care about the new releases this far out. So for him it would have just been another day in the office.
Appreciate 0