Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 m3 all options. Sold

2016 m performance package x5 for sale

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
For Sale. 2016 x5 xdrive35i with m Performance package. Window sticker was over 85 grand. Just hit 36000 miles. Car is as clean as they come and includes 6 years of maintenance up to 100,000 miles. Never been in for any warranty repairs of any kind. No dents or scratches. Adult driven and non smoker. The car came with the 21 inch wheels and all of those tires have been replaced with the Oem Michelin pilot supersports which are in great condition. 21 inch wheels are also in great condition. I also have the 19 inch m sport wheels which also came with the car with one season old Pirelli snow tires along with a practically new set of factory run flats. I added bimmertech Apple carplay, tinted front windows, and a racechip gts black. Only reason for selling is we have another suv that my wife drives so the x5 just sits in the garage a lot of the time. Call me with questions.
937-901-2435 ask for Sean. Price is very fair based on other comparable vehicles I’ve based it off of. No way anyone can buy a car this clean like this for less.

Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf window-sticker.pdf (33.5 KB, 514 views)

Last edited by F1 fan; 07-19-2019 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 11:03 PM   #2
F1 fan
Private First Class
Rep

Pretty rare x5 from my understanding. Priced based on dealer recommendation. Is their advice incorrect. I did a search for one like it and found one priced similar that was this edition.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 05:44 AM   #3
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
2016's are tanking in value, and in general with all F15 models because they are out of production. A few more pics will help your post. The options sheet or sticker would be best to see all the options.

Car looks nice. GLWS.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 08:55 AM   #4
F1 fan
Private First Class
Rep

The window sticker is in the original post. Click on the attachment.
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2019, 09:18 AM   #5
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Nice looking X5, and good luck with the sale. Some more pictures would definitely be appreciated. If the dealership is recommending that price, my suggestion would actually be to sell the vehicle to the dealership. At $43K, it's one of the most expensive 2016s with less than 40K miles.

In essence, it's a $73,775 MSRP X5 with a lot of expensive M Performance parts fitted, including the very nice 599s.

Your target market will be someone who appreciates the M Performance parts. In my opinion, best way to price this X5 is to find a comparable X5 minus the M Performance Parts, then add $5,300 for the M Performance bits.
Appreciate 1
menelaos1226.00
      07-11-2019, 09:35 AM   #6
F1 fan
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Nice looking X5, and good luck with the sale. Some more pictures would definitely be appreciated. If the dealership is recommending that price, my suggestion would actually be to sell the vehicle to the dealership. At $43K, it's one of the most expensive 2016s with less than 40K miles.

In essence, it's a $73,775 MSRP X5 with a lot of expensive M Performance parts fitted, including the very nice 599s.

Your target market will be someone who appreciates the M Performance parts. In my opinion, best way to price this X5 is to find a comparable X5 minus the M Performance Parts, then add $5,300 for the M Performance bits.
This is how the m performance edition vehicles came and how they were sold. I understand that you can take an m sport and add all of these things to it, but that doesn’t make it the same in my opinion. In saying that I understand your point also.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 09:48 AM   #7
F1 fan
Private First Class
Rep

More pictures.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      07-11-2019, 09:49 AM   #8
findo16
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 fan View Post
Quote:

This is how the m performance edition vehicles came and how they were sold. I understand that you can take an m sport and add all of these things to it, but that doesn’t make it the same in my opinion. In saying that I understand your point also.
Beautiful car. Aren't all these parts dealer or port installed? I never head of m performance edition.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 09:53 AM   #9
F1 fan
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by findo16 View Post
Beautiful car. Aren't all these parts dealer or port installed? I never head of m performance edition.
I hadn’t either until I started doing some research. They didn’t make that many of them. If you YouTube it you will see some at auto shows.
Appreciate 1
findo1636.50
      07-11-2019, 10:01 AM   #10
Violator
Living the dream
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 w/MPPK, MPE & RC GTS Black

This is a new “edition” to me as well.

I reviewed the attachment, do you have a picture of the original Monroney window sticker? Just curious...
      07-11-2019, 11:34 AM   #11
F1 fan
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violator View Post
This is a new “edition” to me as well.

I reviewed the attachment, do you have a picture of the original Monroney window sticker? Just curious...
I don’t. That was a copy of the original sticker.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 01:04 PM   #12
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by findo16 View Post
I've seen two of these before for sale, one in IN and the other in OH. Oddly both in white. I was considering it when I was looking to get out of my X6 into an X5 for the space. The X6 I had was also an M performance edition of the e71 variety; I'll see if I can dig up the research I found, if I remember correctly it had some engine tweaks done to it as well.
Appreciate 1
findo1636.50
      07-11-2019, 02:29 PM   #13
F1 fan
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqgambler View Post
I've seen two of these before for sale, one in IN and the other in OH. Oddly both in white. I was considering it when I was looking to get out of my X6 into an X5 for the space. The X6 I had was also an M performance edition of the e71 variety; I'll see if I can dig up the research I found, if I remember correctly it had some engine tweaks done to it as well.
It does have the mppk upgrade with the m performance exhaust. That combined with the racechip is pretty awesome. The best part is probably the sound. It sounds very good. I did drop a k&n filter in also.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 08:39 PM   #14
mattpete13
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 6mt

Beautiful car. What's the last 7 of the vin please?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 09:08 PM   #15
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpete13 View Post
It’s in the attachment.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 09:22 PM   #16
mattpete13
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 6mt

Quote:
Quote:
It’s in the attachment.
Hmm I don't see it from my phone or just don't know how to access it.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 09:57 PM   #17
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

Quote:
hmm i don't see it from my phone or just don't know how to access it.
5uxkr0c51g0p25458
Appreciate 2
P111572.00
      07-12-2019, 12:17 PM   #18
F1 fan
Private First Class
Rep

Bump

Last edited by F1 fan; 07-18-2019 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 10:33 PM   #19
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
This edition means nothing more than the dealer added the parts once it got to them before they sold it. Or more likely the original owner ordered the car and then bought all the parts and had the dealer put them on before taking delivery. Hence why you have 19" rims cuz it came from factory with those but original owners wanted the other rims. Dealers don't exchange wheels so it now had two sets.

Doesn't mean it's "more exclusive" man. It's not specially badged or numbered such as M Competition sport etc. All these parts can be purchased at any time and installed by anyone.

It's a clean ride and you should be proud of it but you're not going to convince anyone on this forum about it being any more "special" than any other white 35i with m performance bits. And it is a bit high for being a 2016 and a 35i. Those added "m performance" parts aren't going to add a lot of value in resale. You would get more for them by parting them out. The rims will add a little compared to the 19s and having both is a great thing too offer for those that need snow and summer tires. But keep in mind that those that live where it doesn't snow a lot will probably have little to no need for 2 sets of rims so not necessarily a huge selling feature albeit yes it does help. If that makes sense. Plus you're missing some features here. ACC, ventilated seats, B&O stereo, DHP, ceramic controls, etc. these things would reflect a selling price closer to what you're asking.

Anyway not trying to "cast a shadow" as I've been recently dubbed. Just trying to give you some truth to help you with a faster sale.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2019, 11:29 PM   #20
F1 fan
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
This edition means nothing more than the dealer added the parts once it got to them before they sold it. Or more likely the original owner ordered the car and then bought all the parts and had the dealer put them on before taking delivery. Hence why you have 19" rims cuz it came from factory with those but original owners wanted the other rims. Dealers don't exchange wheels so it now had two sets.

Doesn't mean it's "more exclusive" man. It's not specially badged or numbered such as M Competition sport etc. All these parts can be purchased at any time and installed by anyone.

It's a clean ride and you should be proud of it but you're not going to convince anyone on this forum about it being any more "special" than any other white 35i with m performance bits. And it is a bit high for being a 2016 and a 35i. Those added "m performance" parts aren't going to add a lot of value in resale. You would get more for them by parting them out. The rims will add a little compared to the 19s and having both is a great thing too offer for those that need snow and summer tires. But keep in mind that those that live where it doesn't snow a lot will probably have little to no need for 2 sets of rims so not necessarily a huge selling feature albeit yes it does help. If that makes sense. Plus you're missing some features here. ACC, ventilated seats, B&O stereo, DHP, ceramic controls, etc. these things would reflect a selling price closer to what you're asking.

Anyway not trying to "cast a shadow" as I've been recently dubbed. Just trying to give you some truth to help you with a faster sale.
You are completely incorrect about this car. It wasn’t a dealer installed deal at all. These x5’s came into dealers in small numbers and the 19 inch wheels were sitting there in bmw tire totes with the run flat tires. You can get on youtube and type in x5 m performance edition and see the cars at bmw booths at auto shows. These were only offered in white, silver, and black as far as I know. My dealer got three in just like mine new and they came with everything you see listed on the window sticker. Don’t say you know something you obviously don’t. No it’s not numbered, and yes you can buy all the parts as you stated, but in this case bmw decided to offer the cars this way and participating dealers could sell them. Last year they did a m performance edition m240i xdrive only in white and equipped one way. It wasn’t a loaded car either, but they were very good looking and anyone who bought one didn’t have to put everything on because it was already done. Hence the reason it was called a m performance edition. Say what you want. I’m not saying this x5 is ultra special, but the fact it came this way is what makes it cool because most people are not going to buy an x5 and buy all of these things anyway. It’s not cheap, and it’s nice that it’s already done on this car. People have posted in this thread about seeing these before a couple of times. I have personally seen one identical to mine that my dealer sold new and resold after the lease was up. At this point, I’m probably not going to sell it at all. Nor am I selling any of the parts. So if anything you didn’t hijack the thread, you just wasted your time saying something that was far from the truth. Anybody on this forum can see that if they just do a little searching or call a dealer who sold any of these like mine. Enough said. I really couldn’t give two�� anyway.

Last edited by F1 fan; 07-14-2019 at 01:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 07:09 AM   #21
menelaos
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 F15

I strongly suggest you don't sell, cause this will fetch low 30s, based on current market conditions. If you did not have the warranty, it'd probably be under 30K.
There are M Models that are selling lower than 50K -yes, with higher mileage and no warrant, but it's still an M Model.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 12:20 PM   #22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmws

Are you really comparing the value of a 35i with the current value of an M? 50i and M models always had horrible resale value due to gas prices and the cost factor of maintaining one. My local dealer had a couple of cpo 50i with a difference of only a couple of thousand to the 35i, only here on the forums do you have enthusiasts that appreciate the 50i in the real world there is no demand for the less practical models. Whatever happened to these forums it wasn't like this not too long ago it seems we suddenly have critics for every classified post it has become to the point where now we have someone giving "advice" to another not to sell his product that he paid for shit is comical.
Appreciate 0