First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90/G05 50e

Garage List
2024 G05 50e  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 201 View Post
Are you really comparing the value of a 35i with the current value of an M? 50i and M models always had horrible resale value due to gas prices and the cost factor of maintaining one. My local dealer had a couple of cpo 50i with a difference of only a couple of thousand to the 35i, only here on the forums do you have enthusiasts that appreciate the 50i in the real world there is no demand for the less practical models. Whatever happened to these forums it wasn't like this not too long ago it seems we suddenly have critics for every classified post it has become to the point where now we have someone giving "advice" to another not to sell his product that he paid for shit is comical.
Certainly has gotten out of control. Got members on here knocking vehicles that have Alpine vs Mineral. Didn't know a $550 metallic paint option made a vehicle more premium/ "fully loaded." People just lack self-awareness and don't realize how silly they look. Hilarious.
Appreciate 1
JWK170200.00
      07-13-2019, 01:32 PM   #24
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr_tz View Post
Certainly has gotten out of control. Got members on here knocking vehicles that have Alpine vs Mineral. Didn't know a $550 metallic paint option made a vehicle more premium/ "fully loaded." People just lack self-awareness and don't realize how silly they look. Hilarious.
On the flip side, got folks here hyping up their used X5 by calling an M Sport with Harman Kardon on 469s “fully loaded”.

Please remember this is a forum. A post is meant to result in a response, whether negative, neutral or positive.

If you want no feedback, maybe a traditional autotrader ad might be more appropriate.
Appreciate 2
menelaos1226.00
Maverik2594140.00
      07-13-2019, 01:50 PM   #25
F1 fan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 m3 all options. Sold

Quote:
Are you really comparing the value of a 35i with the current value of an M? 50i and M models always had horrible resale value due to gas prices and the cost factor of maintaining one. My local dealer had a couple of cpo 50i with a difference of only a couple of thousand to the 35i, only here on the forums do you have enthusiasts that appreciate the 50i in the real world there is no demand for the less practical models. Whatever happened to these forums it wasn't like this not too long ago it seems we suddenly have critics for every classified post it has become to the point where now we have someone giving "advice" to another not to sell his product that he paid for shit is comical.
I couldn’t have said it better myself. Thank you. The x5 I’m selling is quite possibly the best looking stock x5 out there and people are giving me all kinds of advice. One guy claimed that it wasn’t what I said it was when new straight from bmw. Call it m performance edition, m performance package, whatever! The car is beautiful and worth every bit of what I’m asking. If you want a meticulously cared for vehicle then this vehicle is for you. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 01:51 PM   #26
fr_tz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90/G05 50e

Garage List
2024 G05 50e  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Quote:
On the flip side, got folks here hyping up their used X5 by calling an M Sport with Harman Kardon on 469s "fully loaded".

Please remember this is a forum. A post is meant to result in a response, whether negative, neutral or positive.

If you want no feedback, maybe a traditional autotrader ad might be more appropriate.
Curious..are you in the market for another? Or just policing the classifieds?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 02:09 PM   #27
menelaos
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 F15

Quote:
OH Lord... Do you honestly think someone wound not buy an M vehicle and opt for 35i for the sake of saving gas??
This is outright absurd argument to make.

It is true that a lot of Ms and 50s are sitting in lots languishing because of high maintenance cost, which does not include gas prices.
Adjusted for inflation, gas prices are at the lowest level ever.
Please do some decent research before you make unsubstantiated claims.

As for the item for sale, I personally think that it's not high; it's the market conditions that make it look high, especially in this forum.

I only "advised" that OP keep it only after he mentioned as an option.

Some people around here jump in to create controversies that don't exist
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 02:37 PM   #28
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmws

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
On the flip side, got folks here hyping up their used X5 by calling an M Sport with Harman Kardon on 469s “fully loaded”.

The last year these forums have been very helpful getting feedback from you along with many others and I see where your coming from P1et but nowadays there seems to be more infatuation with nit picking on classifieds rather than putting that same energy towards giving insight on the actual forums. There are some threads on regular forums where questions aren't even replied to yet when it comes to the classified everyones a know it all. Im sure anyone purchasing anything over on the forums are some what of an enthusiast and will do there due diligence rather than needing a bunch of people hijacking a sale thread telling them what it's obviously not.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 02:58 PM   #29
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmws

Quote:
Originally Posted by menelaos View Post
OH Lord... Do you honestly think someone wound not buy an M vehicle and opt for 35i for the sake of saving gas??
This is outright absurd argument to make.

It is true that a lot of Ms and 50s are sitting in lots languishing because of high maintenance cost, which does not include gas prices.
Adjusted for inflation, gas prices are at the lowest level ever.
Please do some decent research before you make unsubstantiated claims.

As for the item for sale, I personally think that it's not high; it's the market conditions that make it look high, especially in this forum.

I only "advised" that OP keep it only after he mentioned as an option.

Some people around here jump in to create controversies that don't exist
Your idea value of his car is based on the current cost of an M model which can be the dumbest example ever and Im sure most will agree with me on that if only that, then you have the balls to tell him he should not sell his car who made you the forum patrol officer?

Last edited by 201; 07-13-2019 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 04:25 PM   #30
menelaos
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Your idea value of his car is based on the current cost of an M model which can be the dumbest example ever and Im sure most will agree with me on that if only that, then you have the balls to tell him he should not sell his car who made you the forum patrol officer?
If you don't think that the M Model falling through the roof pricewise does not affect the "lower" models, it's ok.
I just think you are sinking in naivete.
And yes, I do have the balls to tell you that openly.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 06:07 PM   #31
Swiftness~
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 F15

Quote:
If you don't think that the M Model falling through the roof pricewise does not affect the "lower" models, it's ok.
Not sure if it's my place to say since Im new here but during my short time here you stand out as someone cancerous. I've been browsing through the sale forums exclusively for last few months looking for wheels and Iv'e noticed this. I agree everyone's entitled to there own opinion on other parts of here but on a sale post? From the top of my head I can think couple of instances, one where you mention how you prefer racechip over dinan stage on dinan stage 1 for sale ad and another where you mention how (I don't know which style they were) but black 21s were outdated and price should be lowered because there are other styles that have more interest. It seems you love voicing your personal preference where it's not needed whereas others are actually stating facts. When they do call you out on it you get sensitive and defensive which makes you come back with a silly reply such as 'I have more forum reps than you' which I recall was on another for sale post I don't know maybe Im just too observant.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 08:08 PM   #32
Goodfella10
Private
Rep
Drives: NA

What a beautiful ride. Good luck with the sale!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 08:13 PM   #33
menelaos
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftness~ View Post
Not sure if it's my place to say since Im new here but during my short time here you stand out as someone cancerous. I've been browsing through the sale forums exclusively for last few months looking for wheels and Iv'e noticed this. I agree everyone's entitled to there own opinion on other parts of here but on a sale post? From the top of my head I can think couple of instances, one where you mention how you prefer racechip over dinan stage on dinan stage 1 for sale ad and another where you mention how (I don't know which style they were) but black 21s were outdated and price should be lowered because there are other styles that have more interest. It seems you love voicing your personal preference where it's not needed whereas others are actually stating facts. When they do call you out on it you get sensitive and defensive which makes you come back with a silly reply such as 'I have more forum reps than you' which I recall was on another for sale post I don't know maybe Im just too observant.

I have bought close to 4K in mods from forum members, with big ticket items in lowball price ranges.
Having you lecture me on market conditions is a badge of honor!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 08:27 PM   #34
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Curious..are you in the market for another? Or just policing the classifieds?
Aren’t we always slightly in the market?

Appreciate 1
menelaos1226.00
      07-13-2019, 09:42 PM   #35
F1 fan
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella10 View Post
What a beautiful ride. Good luck with the sale!
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 10:46 PM   #36
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftness~ View Post
Quote:
No you're right. It's not your place...only those that contribute to the community vice troll the classifieds for their own personal gain should give their opinions. But that's just my 2c. I'm just glad you agreed.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 11:11 PM   #37
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
It's only critical when posers with low reps come in and attempt to upsell their "special" products to all of us who are here everyday trying to better the community with actual valuable knowledge and truth about owning these amazing vehicles.

But when you get these guys who contribute nothing and then come to the board where I spend more time in a day than they ever have and try and mislead some poor soul to get a quick sale it's our job to not let that happen.

Don't tell me your vehicle is fully loaded or even loaded when it isn't even close. Don't come to this Board and tell me your car is special and the "best looking X5" available. When it's not. Don't tell me your car is rare and since it "came from the factory" with the exact some products that anyone can purchase and have installed on their car by their own dealer before even receiving it, is somehow better than anyone else's. Show me a badge. Show me some proof your car is better. And I'll say ok cool and good for you. Looks like every other clean kept car on here.

Save those antics for auto trader and eBay. It's just insulting and makes you look like a joke.

Oh and Don't reference YouTube as proof of anything lol. Might as well tell me you found it on Wikipedia. Of course BMW advertised their M sport with all their new M performance parts. They literally do that to every car they've ever made when they release the m performance parts. You don't see the guys in the 3 and 5 series toting theirs as something special.

Do you have any documentation that shows your car is special?

Sorry you got offended by my truth. I told you had a very nice car and should be proud of it and I meant it.
But you are over priced for missing so many factory options. Your average person is going to care about ACC and ventilated seats and B&O Stereo more than cf lips and diffusers and a vinyl sticker that says M performance. You don't even have the MP interior. Your missing the MP dead pedal and cf interior.

Guess just too many snow flakes out there these days with paper thin skin. Not everyone is special. Not everyone deserves a trophy.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 3
yewlock697.50
RED_Y_1058.50
      07-14-2019, 01:38 AM   #38
F1 fan
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
It's only critical when posers with low reps come in and attempt to upsell their "special" products to all of us who are here everyday trying to better the community with actual valuable knowledge and truth about owning these amazing vehicles.

But when you get these guys who contribute nothing and then come to the board where I spend more time in a day than they ever have and try and mislead some poor soul to get a quick sale it's our job to not let that happen.

Don't tell me your vehicle is fully loaded or even loaded when it isn't even close. Don't come to this Board and tell me your car is special and the "best looking X5" available. When it's not. Don't tell me your car is rare and since it "came from the factory" with the exact some products that anyone can purchase and have installed on their car by their own dealer before even receiving it, is somehow better than anyone else's. Show me a badge. Show me some proof your car is better. And I'll say ok cool and good for you. Looks like every other clean kept car on here.

Save those antics for auto trader and eBay. It's just insulting and makes you look like a joke.

Oh and Don't reference YouTube as proof of anything lol. Might as well tell me you found it on Wikipedia. Of course BMW advertised their M sport with all their new M performance parts. They literally do that to every car they've ever made when they release the m performance parts. You don't see the guys in the 3 and 5 series toting theirs as something special.

Do you have any documentation that shows your car is special?

Sorry you got offended by my truth. I told you had a very nice car and should be proud of it and I meant it.
But you are over priced for missing so many factory options. Your average person is going to care about ACC and ventilated seats and B&O Stereo more than cf lips and diffusers and a vinyl sticker that says M performance. You don't even have the MP interior. Your missing the MP dead pedal and cf interior.

Guess just too many snow flakes out there these days with paper thin skin. Not everyone is special. Not everyone deserves a trophy.
I shouldn’t even comment, but I will for the sake of simple facts.
Did bmw offer the x5 with all of the options that are on my car before it reached the dealer. Simple answer is yes they did.

Does that make it special? No
Does that make it rare that it came this way along with others that customers bought in low numbers? Yes to some people it does.
Do I think it’s one of the nicest looking x5’s that you could by off the dealer without addition modifications? Yes, my opinion only.
Am I being misleading or trying to mislead anybody? No
I attached the window sticker so anyone interested in the car could see what came on it and what options it has.
Did they offer this package in other countries with all the m performance parts? Yes including the 30d in Europe and even the E plug in version in China.

More importantly, the people on this and all forums of any car type spend a lot of time reading and learning because that’s one of the reasons these forums exist. Not all will contribute and have a million posts because that’s not the way everyone works.

I’m am a major car enthusiast and to be labeled a so called poser is so ridiculous. I’m just trying to sell a car here.

My family, meaning my wife and I have owned 7 bmw vehicles since 2006. I even worked in the aftermarket industry for years albeit years ago. I have big time passion for the enthusiast side if the industry.

I’ve been in it since the Honda days then moved on to other brands.
I had a e92 m3 I bought new for five years
My wife has had all the rest including 2 x5’s
4 Subaru sti’s
2 golf r’s mk7’s
Now I have an Audi s3
None of mine and most of hers have never stayed stock.

I just don’t get what your deal is. Contributions or not we are both car enthusiasts for sure. If we knew each other we would probably be friends.
You are correct about one thing. Their are people out there who aren’t that educated that you and I may shake our heads at when we see what they do to the cars they own or put things on forums that don’t seem to make sense, but that’s their thing and what they like or say is not for me to judge. Maybe you feel different. I will chime in on a conversation to try to answer a question, but never to criticize or discredit them. All I can say at the end of this is my knowledge level of multiple brands and the aftermarket is very extensive. Keep that in mind when you call bs on the car that I’m trying to sell to someone who may appreciate what it has to offer. I don’t need a defensive rebuttal from you. I really don’t care, but I felt a need to speak up on everyone’s behalf. Having thick skin has absolutely nothing to do with it. Again the everybody wins comment along with that and you don’t know a single thing about me. I’m not going to go on any longer and sorry for being long winded. I just can’t believe that a for sale thread or any thread can turn so negative when we all love cars.
Appreciate 4
rilla84.50
jiggz2141.00
      07-14-2019, 09:17 AM   #39
Chopx5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '02 M3 & '15 X5

Lol, at least your car is getting great exposure with all the free bumps! Nice ride and good luck with the sale.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 10:50 AM   #40
rilla
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3

Quote:
No you're right. It's not your place...only those that contribute to the community vice troll the classifieds for their own personal gain should give their opinions. But that's just my 2c. I'm just glad you agreed.
Glad we know that your opinion is so valuable. Your 5 posts per day are so enriching to the community.

Quote:
It's only critical when posers with low reps come in and attempt to upsell their "special" products to all of us who are here everyday trying to better the community with actual valuable knowledge and truth about owning these amazing.
Really knocking the low rep members? You care about your internet points too much.

Quote:
What are you on about??

OP, looks like an awesome ride GLWS.
Appreciate 1
jiggz2141.00
      07-14-2019, 10:58 AM   #41
Violator
Living the dream
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 w/MPPK, MPE & RC GTS Black

I have two questions.

Can an Alpine White colored X5 be a M Performance Edition? Asking for a friend

Willing to ship?
Maverik2594140.00
      07-14-2019, 11:27 AM   #42
F1 fan
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violator View Post
I have two questions.

Can an Alpine White colored X5 be a M Performance Edition? Asking for a friend

Willing to ship?
I’m not sure on alpine white. I have seen this version called m performance package online also. I would ship at buyers expense obviously.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 02:52 PM   #43
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilla View Post
Glad we know that your opinion is so valuable. Your 5 posts per day are so enriching to the community.

Really knocking the low rep members? You care about your internet points too much.

What are you on about??

OP, looks like an awesome ride GLWS.
You have done 22 posts since 08-11-2010. Let's not get too sarcastic about enriching the community.

Appreciate 2
      07-15-2019, 06:01 PM   #44
Installsplus
Ultimate Driving Machine E92ESS625 M3/G05 X5 Msport 40i Individual
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT/ESS 625 kit

Garage List
Beautiful. Love these wheels 😍😍😍😍
Appreciate 0