BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

View Poll Results: What is Adrian Newey going to do after leaving Red Bull in 2025
He is off to Ferrari 30 76.92%
Aston and all the money he is going there 2 5.13%
Mercedes are going to grab Verstappen and he is going to join him 2 5.13%
Retirement, he is 65 time to enjoy his new boat and relax 4 10.26%
Something else, maybe a super consultant or a pet project to help Williams. 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

05-03-2024, 11:26 AM   #67
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
He already knew it from Newey at the moment that he signed his Ferrari contract .

That's the reason why LEW signed at Ferrari...
This wasn't a coincidence !
I'll lose a lot of respect for Newey if he goes to Ferrari. Not that I think they will win anything anyway and hope RB does show them up in 2026 too.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61289.50
      05-03-2024, 11:28 AM   #68
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Yeah . I love my carbon roof . But also because It's ultra light .
But ! As for yours my friend ..

You can go for a carbon wrap with your sun roof .
IMHO , it looks really good . It looks better with the carbon wrap than without it.
As you can see ...
? I didn't know you could have sunroof on 'full' carbon roof, I'm a bit confused is that complete carbon roof my friend..
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2024, 11:30 AM   #69
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
I'll lose a lot of respect for Newey if he goes to Ferrari. Not that I think they will win anything anyway and hope RB does show them up in 2026 too.
That will happen for sure, new car construct will take 2-3 years for them to even get close to the RB series who will still be ahead.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2024, 11:47 AM   #70
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
? I didn't know you could have sunroof on 'full' carbon roof, I'm a bit confused is that complete carbon roof my friend..
Negative , It's a carbon wrap made from "vinyl"
This vinyl wrap has a carbon look .
It would look great on your M5 roof

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61289.50
      05-03-2024, 11:48 AM   #71
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
That will happen for sure, new car construct will take 2-3 years for them to even get close to the RB series who will still be ahead.
I think the best thing for people to do is underestimate RB like they have been doing. They have all the right people in place and while I do think Newey's track record speaks for itself, it does seem as though the RB team maybe didnt get the credit for all the work and Newey got it. If he was as hands off as has been said, then I think they're in good hands.
At the same time, I do think Max will have his choice of team if the RB isnt good, but I certainly wouldnt mind seeing almost spec level racing to really see how much Max would beat everyone in equal machinery.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61289.50
      05-03-2024, 12:06 PM   #72
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
The RB19 and RB20 aero package is designed by Pierre Waché .
As I said : Pierre Waché is extremely good and he's the new generation at Red Bull but actually the whole RB aero team .
Think that Newey felt like he was put on a side ,probably he thought now It's time to go..

His concentration will go now for 100% to his RB17 hypercar and that's a fantastic project from him !
Newey will remain the visionary and the super aero genius..

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick61289.50
      05-03-2024, 12:10 PM   #73
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Negative , It's a carbon wrap made from "vinyl"
This vinyl wrap has a carbon look .
It would look great on your M5 roof
Got it. A few M5 chaps on here had it done also and agree it looks excellent.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2024, 12:11 PM   #74
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61289.50
      05-03-2024, 12:15 PM   #75
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Got it. A few M5 chaps on here had it done also and agree it looks excellent.
Just choose a great shop....I've heard to people screwing things up around the shark fin antenna and causing a leak
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61289.50
      05-03-2024, 12:19 PM   #76
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
At the same time, if he goes to Ferrari and Ham still loses, it will only solidify him as literally the most overhyped driver in history which even the most objective F1 fans are starting to realize.
Appreciate 3
      05-03-2024, 12:25 PM   #77
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I think the best thing for people to do is underestimate RB like they have been doing. They have all the right people in place and while I do think Newey's track record speaks for itself, it does seem as though the RB team maybe didnt get the credit for all the work and Newey got it. If he was as hands off as has been said, then I think they're in good hands.
At the same time, I do think Max will have his choice of team if the RB isnt good, but I certainly wouldnt mind seeing almost spec level racing to really see how much Max would beat everyone in equal machinery.
MAX doesn't want to sign a Mercedes contract .

MAX today :
MAX you can sign a Mercedes contract , worth $250Million ?
I'm good where I am at Red Bull in a competitive car and win races .
I will never race just for the money .

Appreciate 3
M5Rick61289.50
      05-03-2024, 12:50 PM   #78
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Just choose a great shop....I've heard to people screwing things up around the shark fin antenna and causing a leak
Yeah I have a wrap shop two miles from me.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2024, 12:56 PM   #79
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
The key-factor of the RB20 was actually the HONDA PU .

The Japanese had to re-build the PU to make it fit in the RB20 , because the 2024 RB20 design changed a lot .
The radiators and the oil coolers needed to be moved to make it fit in the special RB20 design.
Same with ultra small gearbox , last year in the first 5-6 races they got issues with the small gearbox.

The Japanese did a fantastic job to make it happen !

Again : Never split a winning combination ...
Too bad !!!

Appreciate 2
M5Rick61289.50
      05-03-2024, 03:14 PM   #80
andrewmr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Garage List
Quote:
At the same time, if he goes to Ferrari and Ham still loses, it will only solidify him as literally the most overhyped driver in history which even the most objective F1 fans are starting to realize.
Do we really need more????
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 03:21 PM   #81
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
can't compare different periods, people at their prime vs ageing

using your logic we may declare Michael Schumacher (Merc) because of 2012 results is actually worse than Kamui Kobayashi (Sauber)

also F1 is not a math test where everyone has the same questions and the answer sheet is repeatable, everyone drive different cars and sometimes cars crash, timely vs untimely safety cars, or cars don't finish the race for whatever reason, Jensen Button was a World Champion because of Ross Brawn's genius double diffuser, and then everybody copied and Jensen couldn't win a race but had so much lead he won the WDC anyway. He's still a WC and I'm still not.

Last edited by G30M; 05-03-2024 at 05:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 03:30 PM   #82
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Absurd take. That’s like saying MJ/Kobe/Lebron are overrated if you consider the era they played in. You can’t be overrated and overhyped when you win 7 drivers titles. Period. There’s no discussion.

So if Max doesn’t win anything after this set of regulations, are we going to have the same conversation of being overrated and overhyped or we going to make up excuses with hypotheticals without seeing the numbers?

The success Red Bull is having now is an exact mirror of Mercedes during their era. You have the best car paired with the best team with the best driver. That is literally what F1 is - it’s a constructors sport not an individual drivers sport.

When 2026 comes, anything can happen but I wouldn’t be so confident thinking Newey’s departure isn’t going to have any affect. Everyone said that when James Alison left Mercedes thinking Mike Elliott and company would be more than capable. And look at Mercedes now. The team might have a good concept on paper, but sometimes it’s someone overlooking it making it all the difference. The zero pod concept theoretically works, it’s just that Mercedes couldn’t figure it out. The exact same thing could happen with Red Bull.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 04:17 PM   #83
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmr View Post
Do we really need more????
In all fairness, a resounding no. The book has been written and proven overwhelmingly.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61289.50
      05-03-2024, 04:25 PM   #84
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Absurd take. That’s like saying MJ/Kobe/Lebron are overrated if you consider the era they played in. You can’t be overrated and overhyped when you win 7 drivers titles. Period. There’s no discussion.

So if Max doesn’t win anything after this set of regulations, are we going to have the same conversation of being overrated and overhyped or we going to make up excuses with hypotheticals without seeing the numbers?

The success Red Bull is having now is an exact mirror of Mercedes during their era. You have the best car paired with the best team with the best driver. That is literally what F1 is - it’s a constructors sport not an individual drivers sport.

When 2026 comes, anything can happen but I wouldn’t be so confident thinking Newey’s departure isn’t going to have any affect. Everyone said that when James Alison left Mercedes thinking Mike Elliott and company would be more than capable. And look at Mercedes now. The team might have a good concept on paper, but sometimes it’s someone overlooking it making it all the difference. The zero pod concept theoretically works, it’s just that Mercedes couldn’t figure it out. The exact same thing could happen with Red Bull.
I dont agree - Lebron is hyped. It took him 21 season to do what MJ did in 14. 50% more time playing, and averaged I believe more mins per game too plus expanded playoff schedule. The fact alone he LOST in 6 finals tells you everything you need to know beyond the former.

The RB car has no distinct, or material advantage other than who is driving it. And yet, despite that, Max has made what MB did look somewhat mediocre (and they were the most dominant in history where avg and below avg drivers won). Not even Sch was this consistent (50 win race % - Max is 78% and Sch and Ham at 62%). Most points, most wins, most podiums in consecutive seasons and the list of records goes on and on. Plus Max is doing all of this in a grid of F1 that has parity of budget, restrictions for testing that impact the top team more cascading down, and F1 has never been this competitive or close from top to bottom. That all shows that with everything stacked against you, his driving sets it all apart.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61289.50
      05-03-2024, 05:15 PM   #85
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
MAX doesn't want to sign a Mercedes contract .

MAX today :
MAX you can sign a Mercedes contract , worth $250Million ?
I'm good where I am at Red Bull in a competitive car and win races .
I will never race just for the money .
But he will sign Mercedes documents nevertheless (starting either in 2025 or 2026) prior to the Imola race weekend later this month...

Bad blood between Jos Verstappen and Christian Horner. Jos has a massive influence on Max.
      05-03-2024, 06:33 PM   #86
Marcoose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 sDrive35is

Quote:
103 wins, 104 poles, 197 podiums, 7 championships and still not good enough for you.

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 06:36 PM   #87
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
But he will sign Mercedes documents nevertheless (starting either in 2025 or 2026) prior to the Imola race weekend later this month...

Bad blood between Jos Verstappen and Christian Horner. Jos has a massive influence on Max.
MAX will take his 4th world title in this season and in 2025 his 5th world title in a row with the Red Bull Team.

By the end of 2025 it will become clearer how strong and reliable Horners Ford PU will be .
And if MAX wants then to leave the Red Bull Team , he will drive in the team where the HONDA PU is ...

=> https://gp33.nl/f1-nieuws/max-versta...gabod-mercedes

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 05-03-2024 at 06:41 PM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick61289.50
      05-03-2024, 07:13 PM   #88
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoose View Post
103 wins, 104 poles, 197 podiums, 7 championships and still not good enough for you.

When you had a car that was 1 second a lap faster in quali and 2 seconds per lap faster in a race over every other car for 8 seasons (~160 races) and was flat out the most dominant F1 car in history for all those season straight it begs the question, that's it? If you look more broadly, he has had the fastest car in F1 for 10 years, and the 2nd fastest for 7, and in his 18th year appears to still have the 3rd to 5th fastest depending on which track.
On the other hand, Max has only had 3 season with a good, not dominant car, (and ~60 races) and already over 100 podiums, nearly 60 race wins, and we all know Max doesnt need pole to win like some do but even those are starting to rack up (his pole to win ratio is much higher though for this reason).

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 05-03-2024 at 07:40 PM..
Appreciate 3