12-28-2016, 10:02 PM   #1
007bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5

Garage List
2020 BMW X5  [0.00]
Dinan Sport Issue

I went to my local dealer and had them install the dinan sport tune. I do have the MPPK installed.

As they went to pull my car up they said the check engine light was on. They pulled my car back in the shop and they said the moment they unplugged the dinar sport tune the check engine light went away. I had them plug it back in to see what would happen and to see if the app would work. The check engine light came back on and the app didn't work.

I thought that it was interesting that the moment i opened the app it said I was connected, but when I gave the car gas it didn't show any movement on the boost gauge. I had them take it off and credit me for the time being because I didn't want to keep my car there for another day. I went by the dealer for something else and spoke to my advisor and he told me that sometimes they have to drive the car pretty aggressive after the install of tunes for the check engine light to go away. That didn't make much sense to me.

Anyone else have any issues with this set up? TIA.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 12:06 AM   #2
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 Xline with MPPK

First I've heard of it on an MPPK tuned F15. I read two different posts with positive feedback but I believe they were on a non MPPK tuned vehicle. Where did u buy the Sport tune? Did you call Dinan yet? Keep us posted.
Appreciate 0