BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-04-2019, 11:08 PM   #1
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

F15 B&O retrofit

Well it may have been asked before but not sure if any real answers surfaced so I thought I'd give it a try, I came across a B&O system of speakers and amp but it's incomplete and was wondering if anybody has any company contact or part numbers to obtain the proper wire harness or an aftermarket retrofit harness of some sort. Also I know I'll have to program it but need to somehow source the harness.

Many Thanks for any info anyone can give.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 10:04 AM   #2
bmwx1sq
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Well it may have been asked before but not sure if any real answers surfaced so I thought I'd give it a try, I came across a B&O system of speakers and amp but it's incomplete and was wondering if anybody has any company contact or part numbers to obtain the proper wire harness or an aftermarket retrofit harness of some sort. Also I know I'll have to program it but need to somehow source the harness.

If I remember correctly. The cost/time to retrofit it to a non B&O system was too much to benefit in the small amount of better sound you will gain. Go aftermarket.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2019, 01:57 PM   #3
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx1sq View Post
Quote:

If I remember correctly. The cost/time to retrofit it to a non B&O system was too much to benefit in the small amount of better sound you will gain. Go aftermarket.
Yea well for me I have time and already the parts just minus the wire harnesses.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 04:01 PM   #4
theove
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 4.0E

Here the wiring B&O: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...audio-speaker/

Here the wiring HK: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...p-hifi-system/

You can see the difference...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 04:13 PM   #5
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theove View Post
Here the wiring B&O: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...audio-speaker/

Here the wiring HK: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...p-hifi-system/

You can see the difference...
Very cool!

Yea I know it doesn't make any sense but I love to tinker, keeps me sharp!

Thanks for the info !!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 06:56 PM   #6
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

It's more than just a single harness set that's needed. Depending on what you're starting out with then you would need new runs into the front doors, dash and power for the tweeter to raise. If coming from HiFi/676 then you also need additional runs into the rear doors as well as reroute/add to the MOST network.

If you want it as a project that's cool but it's a lot of work for a mediocre result.

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 1
bmwx1sq145.00
      06-05-2019, 06:58 PM   #7
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe View Post
It's more than just a single harness set that's needed. Depending on what you're starting out with then you would need new runs into the front doors, dash and power for the tweeter to raise. If coming from HiFi/676 then you also need additional runs into the rear doors as well as reroute/add to the MOST network.

If you want it as a project that's cool but it's a lot of work for a mediocre result.
Good point I have the HK setup now

Yea I understand about the lot of work for little gain but if you knew the other bmw projects I've done this is a walk in the park.

Not the best use of time I agree but I enjoy it
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 08:40 PM   #8
turboawd
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Quote:

Yea I understand about the lot of work for little gain but if you knew the other bmw projects I've done this is a walk in the park.

Ok. I'll ask. What else have you done?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 09:40 PM   #9
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I wish ya the best of luck then ! It's not overly difficult but extremely time consuming and I do this stuff for a living.

Since you mentioned it though.. what else have you done ? lol

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 09:42 PM   #10
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajboom View Post
Hi. Guys

I got 2017 x5 30d f15 body.
I got rust all four brake rotors looking really urgly. I checked in the carpark even more older x5or other bimmer not looks like that. I have service booked this month anyone know Is that service requirement??
I parking basement carpark ( not humidity) wash regularly every 2week. Just driving normal conditions
You need to post in the main forum, here: https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=507 Posting in this fellas thread isn't going to help much as it's aimed at an audio adjustment so making your own thread would be much more helpful with responses.

FWIW though, the rust is pretty normal and X5s definitely do not have the prettiest brakes. If it's on the rotors themselves it'll go away after driving a block or so.

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 09:53 PM   #11
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe View Post
Quote:

I wish ya the best of luck then ! It's not overly difficult but extremely time consuming and I do this stuff for a living.

Since you mentioned it though.. what else have you done ? lol
Well it's easier just to look up the write-ups on my other posts

But my previous projects where a z4, mini, e70x5, 135is, i3, and a bunch of e30's and a few Audi's but basically I love to make them as close to how I would have specked them plus a little extra.

This x5 came with close to everything I would have wanted but got some freebies and don't mind spending some time doing this stuff, I'm an automotive designer and doing stuff like this helps me be a better designer as when I work with engineers on a daily basis these special projects help me learn the vehicle and learn interesting ways to solve problems.

I've seen some you tube videos where some people just install the center speaker and swap the speaker faces for the look, maybe that's an avenue but I'd like to investigate my options, that's why I asked about wire looms and such.

Thanks to all that have helped.
Appreciate 0