BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

03-15-2020, 10:36 PM   #111
Wetcoaster
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cadillac CTS-V, GMC 3500HD, R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radekxpl View Post
Yes this downpipe fits https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-f30-f31...kAAOSwuyNbGTMC like a glove its a direct fit no modification needed. It comes standard with factory size connection to be compatible with factory midsection which is 2.75 in diameter. I actually contacted the seller on ebay his name is Tom and requested to do oversized 3 inch connection since I was going with to make 3 inch midsection as well, he did no problem at no additional cost. Now I have full 3 inch downpipe alone with 3 inch midsection all the way to back of the car, for the midsection I went to my local muffler shop 3 inch bent pipe cost me $90, so total cost for the hardware part of this mod was $450. I see he does not have them in stock anymore I would send him a message to see if he can make you one, you can't beat his price and its a quality downpipe full ss welds are beautiful. As for the DOC Cat for now I'm running without it straight pipe style, diesel smell does not bother me at all for now, I can always add a cat down the road, I know Rawtecinc uses GESi cats on their midsections I'm not sure what everybody else is using. Personally I did not delete egr its not mandatory, since you can have it coded out and unplug the connectors that way it will not open and will work the same way as if you put a block off plate there, not worth the hassle imo removing it. Hope this helps.
Makes sense. The E-bay listing has the part number for my 2016 F15 referenced in the listing.

https://www.bmwautoparts.net/en/cata...1006/18_1046/0
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 10:34 AM   #112
Googone20
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5, 2007 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Just did the delete on my F15 last weekend.
Used a generic downpipe I got from Ebay that was labeled as 30d 40d etc for those across the pond, fit just fine and cost me $450 cdn including shipping.

On a hoist I dropped all 6 subframe bolts and used a prybar between the right rear frame and subframe to get enough room to get the factory dpf out without cutting it, only had to remove the top half of the passenger motor mount which was 5 bolts.

Welded a generic piece of 3 inch in where my scr was and unplugged the injector for the scr.. should have left it plugged in as it created a check engine code. I was concerned about it spraying for the week I was going to drive it before the tune however.

Had the tune done remotely by DUDMD, took him 5 minutes to install software and read my ecu and then the next day another 5 to write the new info. Pretty easy!
I drove for a couple days thinking I didn't really notice the extra power increase, today after the unit was actually warmed up I put it into sport mode and its a whole different car. Launch control leaves a bit of black smoke and hauls ass.

Egr was turned off via tune, I did buy the delete kit but it looked like a huge job at the time so I left it alone.

My wife isn't super happy about the diesel smell now, should have got the aftermarket cat I guess. I hear a slight tinny rattling from the exhaust now also, reminds me of my n54 wastegate rattle. Will go back in and check bolts and clearance this weekend.

I am told there is a module to unplug near the passenger headlight to stop the scr pump from running but I am unsure about which one it is.
The SCR Module is underneath the passenger headlight. If you have removed your DEF tank behind the front bumper, it is easy to reach up from the bottom and disconnect and remove it. Otherwise you may want to pull the headlight or bumper to get it out with too much struggle.

I want to give a huge thanks to Mr. Tookies!! I just performed a full delete on my vehicle and he was a massive help along the process. I also tackled a full delete on my buddies E70 35d a couple weeks after. Having done them both now, I have definitely learned a lot. The E70 is much more difficult in terms of DPF removal, but the overall process was a lot less complicated. I also really like the turbo noises that the E70 motors make. You hear that smaller turbo spinning at lower parking lot speeds and it just sounds awesome. I can say that modifications need to be made to the process and parts that you purchase from any vendor. You also need to have some aluminum welding done to the coolant plug at the back of the block that supplies coolant to 2 lines. In my case, I was able to delete and remove every unnecessary coolant line in the vehicle. Factory BMW delete plugs are available, and the final product is very clean and simplified. Does anyone know what the differences are between the DUDMD tune and the Malone in terms of options??

Things I used in my delete:
1. AAR Full Exhaust Kit
2. Sebastian EGR delete kit (bought and combined two separate kits from him. I could advise how to use the kits because his are not designed perfect.)
3. Purchased and used 3-4 different factory coolant delete plugs from OEM catalog.
4. Tuning was handled by Malone. Used their Flashzilla to load the software.
5. Will need a new temp sensor for the downpipe most likely due to it being seized and not coming out clean. O2 sensor came out very easily.
6. 2 gallons of Blue BMW coolant
7. F15 requires 2 small vacuum delete plugs. Sebastian supplied one, but I purchased a bunch extra which we used between both vehicles. I think the E70 used 3-4 of them.
8. Get yourself a very small hose clamps for coolant lines of whatever. You may need to use them and they are nice to have around.
2005 Ninja 636 Lime Green
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 04:34 PM   #113
spyderdoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 35d. 2016 Porsche GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googone20 View Post
The SCR Module is underneath the passenger headlight. Otherwise you may want to pull the headlight or bumper to get it out with too much struggle.
Much easier to just remove the front 1/2 of the wheel arch liner. Just need to have the replacement plastic rivets....
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 10:32 PM   #114
Radekxpl
The General
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 35D & E46 M3

Here nice video showing dpf delete process on F15 X5
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2020, 10:34 AM   #115
SqueezeOnThePause
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35d

Thanks for the info

Quote:
The SCR Module is underneath the passenger headlight. If you have removed your DEF tank behind the front bumper, it is easy to reach up from the bottom and disconnect and remove it. Otherwise you may want to pull the headlight or bumper to get it out with too much struggle.

I want to give a huge thanks to Mr. Tookies!! I just performed a full delete on my vehicle and he was a massive help along the process. I also tackled a full delete on my buddies E70 35d a couple weeks after. Having done them both now, I have definitely learned a lot. The E70 is much more difficult in terms of DPF removal, but the overall process was a lot less complicated. I also really like the turbo noises that the E70 motors make. You hear that smaller turbo spinning at lower parking lot speeds and it just sounds awesome. I can say that modifications need to be made to the process and parts that you purchase from any vendor. You also need to have some aluminum welding done to the coolant plug at the back of the block that supplies coolant to 2 lines. In my case, I was able to delete and remove every unnecessary coolant line in the vehicle. Factory BMW delete plugs are available, and the final product is very clean and simplified. Does anyone know what the differences are between the DUDMD tune and the Malone in terms of options??

1. AAR Full Exhaust Kit
2. Sebastian EGR delete kit (bought and combined two separate kits from him. I could advise how to use the kits because his are not designed perfect.)
3. Purchased and used 3-4 different factory coolant delete plugs from OEM catalog.
5. Will need a new temp sensor for the downpipe most likely due to it being seized and not coming out clean. O2 sensor came out very easily.
7. F15 requires 2 small vacuum delete plugs. Sebastian supplied one, but I purchased a bunch extra which we used between both vehicles. I think the E70 used 3-4 of them.
8. Get yourself a very small hose clamps for coolant lines of whatever. You may need to use them and they are nice to have around.
Can you help with the plugs needed for coolant lines? Does something have to be fabricated for the rear coolant line or can a plug be used? Plug or cap?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 11:08 AM   #116
Googone20
Lieutenant
Rep

For the coolant plugs, I ordered the follow:
2 x 11531436850
1 x 11531439134
1 x 17128515062
If memory serves me right, one of these plugs was extra and not used. When I get home today I’ll update with the proper info on that.

For the rear coolant line at the back of the block, I cut the two metal lines off of the housing plug. Then I had a local welder aluminum the plug solid. He did an amazing job and the price was free to me. Here are some pictures of what I did.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-04-2020, 06:12 PM   #117
SqueezeOnThePause
Registered
Rep

Awesome! Thank you. I guess no one makes a billet plug?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 11:14 AM   #118
Googone20
Lieutenant
Rep

I haven't seen anything to plug that hole. Wouldn't be difficult to make as it would be the same type of plug as the coolant block-offs in the front. In terms of kits, if I had to do it again I would buy the kit Whitbread offers. Looks better quality and better designed to what I went with.
2005 Ninja 636 Lime Green
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 05:42 PM   #119
SqueezeOnThePause
Registered
Rep

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 10:17 AM   #120
SqueezeOnThePause
Registered
Rep

Quote:
I haven't seen anything to plug that hole. Wouldn't be difficult to make as it would be the same type of plug as the coolant block-offs in the front. In terms of kits, if I had to do it again I would buy the kit Whitbread offers. Looks better quality and better designed to what I went with.
Are the (2) rear sensors, after SCR, needed? I believe one is a NOX sensor?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 12:11 PM   #121
tux330ci
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 x5 35d

Anyone figured out how to get emissions "ready" status for inspection? Tuner wont do it.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 01:38 PM   #122
NPDNELSON
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 35D

Got it done a few days ago! Love the sound and MO POWA BABEH!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 04:18 PM   #123
devlinsky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 M50d / ex E90 335i / Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPDNELSON View Post
Got it done a few days ago! Love the sound and MO POWA BABEH!
You'll love the greasy soot on your bumper and tailgate too, no doubt.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 05:28 PM   #124
NPDNELSON
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 35D

Lol. YA! Builds up fast and shows quickly especially on white.
Appreciate 1
audioMeth220.00
      07-28-2020, 09:05 AM   #125
HeatGun
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i N55

Need a route map on ABC for 2014 F15 diesel.
Some say I'll need DP only, other say that I need mid-pipe as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 01:48 PM   #126
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatGun View Post
Need a route map on ABC for 2014 F15 diesel.
Some say I'll need DP only, other say that I need mid-pipe as well.
If your car is registered in California you might need to keep in mind that ABC delete won't allow you to pass diesel smog . Unless you car is registered in the county where smog is needed only during transfer of ownership.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 02:21 PM   #127
BeeBeau
E30 Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 91 318iS, 14 X5 35d

Just installed the Buzzken downpipe and midpipe this Saturday, met with the DUDMD guys at their shop (I am local to them) the day before and got the new tune flashed and they helped remove some sensors I wouldn't be needing anymore.

First impressions are the power feels great, soot isn't too bad under normal conditions, and smell is pretty strong - I don't mind the smell, the wife does, I did go catless to save the $450 add-on fee, might have to add a DOC in the midpipe if the wife can't ignore it.

The Buzzken pipes fit really well though, would have liked to see some some cleaner welds for the cost but no one will be seeing it I suppose. Removal of stock DPF was horrible, just getting the motor mount arm out was a bitch even. I left the EGR in, just unplugged and DUDMD coded it out, I did remove the DEF injector and just looped the coolant lines using the stock connectors where they come out beside the transmission, seems like the easiest course of action without getting deeper in to the EGR removal.

If anyone is interested in a Racechip RS I will be selling it soon now that I am properly deleted/tuned and out of warranty, it was a nice cheap power adder.

If anyone has any questions on the process please let me know, willing to help while it's still current in my mind. Private message is easiest way to get a hold of me so it pings my email. Going on a road trip down the pacific coast in a couple weeks, excited to see what my mileage will be.

EDIT: Just finished the road trip, done about 1200 miles deleted now and am loving it. Mileage from this road trip was up +25% or so from previous longer hauls with the roof sail on, very pleased with how it performs.

Last edited by BeeBeau; 08-27-2020 at 01:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 06:22 PM   #128
-J3D-
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeau View Post
If anyone is interested in a Racechip RS I will be selling it soon now that I am properly deleted/tuned and out of warranty, it was a nice cheap power adder.
Just picked up a '14 35d as a tow/road trip vehicle and started looking for easy torque addition. So, I'm interested. Would have PM'ed but this is my first post. Please let me know if your Racechip is still available and what you're asking.

I'm interested in deleting, but don't have much time at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 08:40 PM   #129
Vthoma11
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5 35d

I am really interested in having done to my 35d. I cannot find a mechanic in northern Ohio with the guts to take on this job. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 12:36 PM   #130
Jimmys35D
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 35d f15

Quote:

1. AAR Full Exhaust Kit
Hey great post. I just ordered a egr kit from Sebastian , mine is a 18 f15 35d. What all does not come in the egr delete kit? I’m new to the platform and doing a full delete once everything comes in. What all is the kit missing ? From what I read it was the best kit , whoops I may have been wrong. Thanks for the help !
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 12:28 PM   #131
ManImCool
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

I'd rather not start a new thread and figured I'd start here first. Long story short, I have an X5d with the malone tune and full delete (and love it) but the turbo died on me.

Because it's going to cost me an arm and a leg to replace the turbo, I figured why not get dumb and upgrade to a hybrid turbo and cost me both arms and both legs...

So my question: what are my hybrid turbo upgrade options? This old thread says BPC has a hybrid turbo for N57 but later in the thread it said BPC no longer tunes? I'm just trying to figure out who makes reliable N57 upgrade turbos in 2021.
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1425461
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 01:11 PM   #132
Khedge
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
I'd rather not start a new thread and figured I'd start here first. Long story short, I have an X5d with the malone tune and full delete (and love it) but the turbo died on me.

Because it's going to cost me an arm and a leg to replace the turbo, I figured why not get dumb and upgrade to a hybrid turbo and cost me both arms and both legs...

So my question: what are my hybrid turbo upgrade options? This old thread says BPC has a hybrid turbo for N57 but later in the thread it said BPC no longer tunes? I'm just trying to figure out who makes reliable N57 upgrade turbos in 2021.
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1425461

Hello,

I have 2018 x5d that i deleted myself. For hybrid turbo look up darkside developments. They are in the UK. I have 2 of the 2873 turbos. I running one on my x5. Still working out the tune but my x5 is running great.

I also have my stock turbo off my x5d too. It has about 15k miles on it.

V/r

Karl
Appreciate 0