BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

12-31-2019, 09:59 AM   #199
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

Also I dont think anyone who has this unit installed , runs into the two screw hole dont line up and it might cause you to press down hard on the unit to line it up the holes. DONT. DONT.DONT. With a flat head , just raise the clip hole with one hand and screw in with the other hand. I believe I damaged a unit that way but I got it replaced.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 03:12 PM   #200
WERND
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92

I'm still at a loss........

Checked the connections and I didn't have one in all the way so I fixed that but I have sound not synced to the screen. I can have stereo fm going but the screen will show whatever Android thing I'm doing without sound. So I can listen to radio but have Google music going on the screen without sound. I also still have the no connection screen so I can't use the plain idrive.

Is the only connection I need to make the harness?

Is there a setting I'm missing?

What car display should I have? I set it to 3 like the sticker says which is NBT but it says for F48.

Also what UI configuration should I have? Evo id6, or Evo id7
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 08:14 AM   #201
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

2 things I encountered when I first did this was the main connection to main hu (not screen) wasn't seated properly. Secondly, I totally forgot to move over the fiber optic cables. Now make sure that when you move over the optic cable that it snaps in properly and that you didn't install it backwards. Double and triple check all connections before reinstalling.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 08:22 AM   #202
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Idrive side.

Aux in = Android side sound (adjust volume )
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 12:00 PM   #203
WERND
Captain
Rep

I have since learned that a 2017 NBT EVO requires a different unit than what I ordered so I had to send back just the screen. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll get it back and it will work.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 05:00 PM   #204
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86, E92, E53, E39.

My X6M is 2015 and therefore does not have the touchscreen feature. Will these Android HU touchscreen feature work when in original BMW interface as opposed to Android mode?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 08:30 PM   #205
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by musa View Post
My X6M is 2015 and therefore does not have the touchscreen feature. Will these Android HU touchscreen feature work when in original BMW interface as opposed to Android mode?
Nope...but it'll look better sharper and you'll barely use OEM side once you get the hang of the Android side
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 08:31 PM   #206
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERND View Post
I have since learned that a 2017 NBT EVO requires a different unit than what I ordered so I had to send back just the screen. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll get it back and it will work.
Yep .you'll love it
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 10:19 PM   #207
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86, E92, E53, E39.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersixM View Post
Nope...but it'll look better sharper and you'll barely use OEM side once you get the hang of the Android side
Yeah, I thought so since the BMW system on my vehicle does not know about touchscreen hardware - it's like hooking up a touchscreen to a pre-touchscreen computer that's running a pre-touchscreen operating system and everything is locked and proprietary except, thank fully, for the output signals- the screen can read them. You're right, I'll be on the Android side by default since I already have the Avin Avant4 on my workhorse BMW - a 2005 E53 X5 v8. I love that Android9 Avant4.

Last edited by musa; 01-06-2020 at 11:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 01:09 PM   #208
SbMW17
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Switch to OEM issue

Anybody with these units have an issue where the unit switches back to OEM on its own? I'm running the firmware (3.8.0) on an avin unit which was the newest firmware available until about last week. The issue started after I tried to change the setting where you can choose boot to 1. Auto 2. OEM, 3. Andriod. The problem is most prevalent when using the autokit carplay adapter app. Changing the setting back hasn't seemed to solve the issue. It no longer matters which setting I pick. It always boots to OEM and has this intermittent switch back while in android and pressing nothing.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 04:38 PM   #209
PhillyX5M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015X5M

Quote:
I'm still at a loss........

Checked the connections and I didn't have one in all the way so I fixed that but I have sound not synced to the screen. I can have stereo fm going but the screen will show whatever Android thing I'm doing without sound. So I can listen to radio but have Google music going on the screen without sound. I also still have the no connection screen so I can't use the plain idrive.

Is the only connection I need to make the harness?

Is there a setting I'm missing?

What car display should I have? I set it to 3 like the sticker says which is NBT but it says for F48.

Also what UI configuration should I have? Evo id6, or Evo id7

Any luck with sound?

I.just installed the unit and moved the optic cable but still no.sound on the Android unit. I have sound and everything works when I switch to original unit but as soon as I switch to android sound disappears.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 09:46 AM   #210
WERND
Captain
Rep

So I have found out that since I have a 2017 I needed a different screen. It's buried in the fine print but even buying the Evo one would have been wrong. They asked me to ship it back and now I'm waiting for it to come back. We'll see if it was the problem or not
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 05:20 PM   #211
calucb05
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M-Sport

Garage List
G01 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
So I have found out that since I have a 2017 I needed a different screen. It's buried in the fine print but even buying the Evo one would have been wrong. They asked me to ship it back and now I'm waiting for it to come back. We'll see if it was the problem or not
@WERND did you buy from aliexpress? I did, and it's been a mess so far. Still trying to get this thing to work properly.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 05:48 PM   #212
calucb05
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
G01 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
Hey guys, need a bit of help here for those of you who purchased these android units. I finally pulled the trigger and bought one off aliexpress. I decided to go for the works (4G LTE w/wireless carplay and the HD screen). So far it's been a mess:

1. They sent the wrong base, now I'm waiting for the correct base to arrive. Screen didn't even sit properly in the case they sent me without the base there are gaps everywhere.

2. The cable harness they sent me didn't have the AUX box/sound filter attached to one of the connections — so I'm getting no sound. Did everything with switching the optic cable (green/black) from original harness to new harness. I had to prod them for all this information as they insisted everything was correct. So waiting for them to send me that attachment but don't even know if that will work. It's sit and wait now.

3. My OEM display wouldn't work when I followed their instructions for selecting car type to F48 NBT 10.25" (F15 isn't an option) in the settings menu. I wound up selecting option F48 NBT 6.5"/Full. OEM side wound up showing with that option. However, everything looks to be a little zoomed, not much, I only really noticed it when I was on the OEM navigation screen and noticed the round icon with the check mark at the bottom right of the screen, was larger than on the original screen. Do any of you with this system know if this is the result of using the 6.5" option? I tried every option they listed in the settings and this was the closest I could get.

Once I get that AUX box and base I'll reinstall everything and show the example of the navigation screen that I'm referencing above.

Overall, if they sent me the wrong base and left something odd the harness, I'm wondering what else they missed and if I even have the right screen? They keep insisting that I do, but not sure how to confirm. I do have the SIM card slot (need to test it), so I know it should be the 4G lte versjon, and I did test the wireless carplay, and it worked, although took a while.

At first I questioned if they sent me the setup for the E70 setup, but they insist it's for F15. On the android side, under the car info, the picture is of the front of an X5, while the picture on the systems I'm seeing here is of the side of an X5. I told them this and they said it's because I have the new system.

Sorry for the rant/long comment, just trying to figure this all out. Overall, if everything works perfectly, I see a lot of potential with this. Hoping for the best. Will keep you all posted.

Thanks-
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 07:01 AM   #213
WERND
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by calucb05 View Post
Quote:
@WERND did you buy from aliexpress? I did, and it's been a mess so far. Still trying to get this thing to work properly.
Yes, carnavi

I would warn anyone NOT to buy right now. I had to send mine back and it's been in transit since Jan 8! I think everything we have going on is disrupting the world as we know it. I think I've basically lost my money on this
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2020, 11:23 AM   #214
calucb05
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
G01 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by calucb05 View Post
Quote:
Yes, carnavi

I would warn anyone NOT to buy right now. I had to send mine back and it's been in transit since Jan 8! I think everything we have going on is disrupting the world as we know it. I think I've basically lost my money on this
Thanks, that's who I ordered from too. They're sending me the correct base and AUX box (we'll see if it's accurate or not), and hoping to get it by today or tomorrow. Will report back. I ordered mine on 1/31 and still waiting for everything to work correctly. Stay tuned.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 11:12 AM   #215
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

For anybody that have the PX6 9.0 720 HD version ....I just got this file from the manufacturer themselves. They say it's not an update but a fix for minor issues. From installing it and playing around so far I see it has an option for ID6 and it also has that HD symbol on the top corner. Maybe you guys can discover something else and share...here you go

https://we.tl/t-CX4sKP7ahP
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 03:36 PM   #216
Xdrive_!
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 Xdrive 40e

Did anyone try or recommend installing OEM 2017 BMW X5 iDrive Touch Screen to 2016 BMW X5?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 03:55 PM   #217
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016BMWX540e View Post
Did anyone try or recommend installing OEM 2017 BMW X5 iDrive Touch Screen to 2016 BMW X5?

Retrofitting? Yeah. Anything that gives you more than what you have is all beneficial. Its easier ID5 to ID6 than ID4 to ID5/6.. A tad bit expensive for minimal gains. You're in an Android thread. Go Android.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 04:16 PM   #218
Xdrive_!
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 Xdrive 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersixM View Post
Retrofitting? Yeah. Anything that gives you more than what you have is all beneficial. Its easier ID5 to ID6 than ID4 to ID5/6.. A tad bit expensive for minimal gains. You're in an Android thread. Go Android.
Yes, Retrofitting. Contacted dealer today, they mentioned an upgrade will cause some weirdness in the vehicle. Not sure what they are, but interested to know.(waiting on their reply back)

Not able to find the info online, does 2016 X5 Xdrive40e come with ID5 or ID4?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 07:46 PM   #219
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016BMWX540e View Post
Yes, Retrofitting. Contacted dealer today, they mentioned an upgrade will cause some weirdness in the vehicle. Not sure what they are, but interested to know.(waiting on their reply back)

Not able to find the info online, does 2016 X5 Xdrive40e come with ID5 or ID4?
I believe it depends on month of build. Dont bother with dealer as they rather you upgrade or charge enormous amounts of money.

Go to .
http://portal.bimmerretrofit.com

They'll have all the answers for you. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 12:18 PM   #220
fromkrypton
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
How does this oem full replacement work with Sirius satellite radio? Does it work normally?
Appreciate 0