BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

06-16-2019, 10:10 PM   #89
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

Now that the jig is up, they got some nerve to be talking about other companies on YouTube like they actually make this shit. Shame on them for real.

On another note, Maverik259 lots pics and vid if possible would be nice once you get it.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 02:14 PM   #90
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersixM View Post
Now that the jig is up, they got some nerve to be talking about other companies on YouTube like they actually make this shit. Shame on them for real.

On another note, Maverik259 lots pics and vid if possible would be nice once you get it.
Ya will do. I'll be curious if Avin will come out with the HD screen too. That was my only complaint about their unit was the screen. All else was fine. A few random shut downs on me though.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 02:49 PM   #91
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Ya will do. I'll be curious if Avin will come out with the HD screen too. That was my only complaint about their unit was the screen. All else was fine. A few random shut downs on me though.
Yeah ots all the same as of now. Aliexpress is inside of whats available.
Look up 10.25 F15 android 9.0 . Only one supplier for that particular.
Lokk up 10.25 f15 android 8.1 , you get multiple suppliers. So yeah , same shit. I would of got mines from Aliexpress but buying from US just works out better in case of returns and CC disputes. Just my angle.
Appreciate 1
Maverik2594140.00
      06-17-2019, 02:51 PM   #92
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah ots all the same as of now. Aliexpress is inside of whats available.
Look up 10.25 F15 android 9.0 . Only one supplier for that particular.
Lokk up 10.25 f15 android 8.1 , you get multiple suppliers. So yeah , same shit. I would of got mines from Aliexpress but buying from US just works out better in case of returns and CC disputes. Just my angle.
Ya that's exactly why I went with Avin. If I would have known they were coming out I would have waited too. Oh well.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 03:05 PM   #93
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ya that's exactly why I went with Avin. If I would have known they were coming out I would have waited too. Oh well.
Well Avin said by end of the month for sure. And im checking daily the minutes its up, ill buy and we can compare the 2. They should be getting rears too so i might get those as well. Lets see.
Appreciate 1
Maverik2594140.00
      06-19-2019, 05:35 PM   #94
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Dear god it's finally hear. After about strangling DHL through the phone due to their incompetency in reading an address. They waited till 6pm last night to say the address was undeliverable. Which was cuz the Chinese company misspelled it which is fine cuz i caught it and fixed it immediately upon receiving the tracking number. They still couldn't read. The guy clearly just didn't want to make an attempt given my address is about 90 min from their hub. Which is crazy how small they are.

Then today I get the box and I turn it over to open it and there is the packing slip from 4x4 with my name, number, and CORRECT address on it. Plus I found if I simply put the wrong address into google maps it came up with the correct address too! Lol. Dear god I wanted to throw a piece of fruit at the dude as he drove off.

Anyway. I'll install tonight and give my first impression of android 9.0 and the brand new HD screen.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 3
Russmov1328.00
      06-19-2019, 06:08 PM   #95
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Dear god it's finally hear. After about strangling DHL through the phone due to their incompetency in reading an address. They waited till 6pm last night to say the address was undeliverable. Which was cuz the Chinese company misspelled it which is fine cuz i caught it and fixed it immediately upon receiving the tracking number. They still couldn't read. The guy clearly just didn't want to make an attempt given my address is about 90 min from their hub. Which is crazy how small they are.

Then today I get the box and I turn it over to open it and there is the packing slip from 4x4 with my name, number, and CORRECT address on it. Plus I found if I simply put the wrong address into google maps it came up with the correct address too! Lol. Dear god I wanted to throw a piece of fruit at the dude as he drove off.

Anyway. I'll install tonight and give my first impression of android 9.0 and the brand new HD screen.
Congrats. Probably felt like forever. How much you paid? I noticed 4x4 changed they pricing
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2019, 07:03 PM   #96
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Congrats. Probably felt like forever. How much you paid? I noticed 4x4 changed they pricing
Don't tell me that. It better have gotten more expensive. Lol
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 08:43 PM   #97
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Don't tell me that. It better have gotten more expensive. Lol
Not by much ...set it up yet? Im still undecided and every day that goes by it either gets cheaper or another feature is supposedly upgdaded.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 10:36 PM   #98
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Ya they dropped the price of the HD screen by $80. So I sent them a calm firm email that I would like to discuss a refund given I just got the unit today and it's already cheaper. A bit ridiculous lol.

As far as the unit. Initial impressions of android 9 vs 8.1 is going to be hard. It's definitely set up a bit different but I didn't have the old one long enough to memorize. I have noticed I'm having some issues getting back into the android mode. The long press of 8 button isn't working. Only the nav button seems to take me back but that only just started working. Plus the location of the settings for screen size is buried deep under a toggle that I didn't recognize. It's called like "fat tub" or something like that which clearly I didn't choose for quite some time. Lol

The screen is gorgeous! Makes the iDrive look great. Waze and google maps are gorgeous. Can't wait to try out YouTube.

What I don't like is that it appears iD7 is the only option for menu vice 6 or 7 like with 8.1. I prefer the look of iD6 better personally. Oh well I guess. I may try out some different launchers down the way if I can figure out how to do that. Lol.

The drive mode is pretty cool. They had it in the last one with the tach and Speedo but they improved it. Shows a pic of the X5 and it looks just like the 6WB for sport, eco, or comfort. Unfortunately it doesn't switch based on what mode you're in. You have to switch it manually. But the speed, tach, parking break, seat belt, etc work well. But they didn't give the option for mph yet. At least not that I've seen.

Finally the wire bundle is a bitch. They made the fuse section waaaaaay short compared to the one I got from avin. It's quite a large box that doesn't make it easy to fit. Barely gives you enough room to get the cable plugged into the back or the screen. But I got it to work. I will say that the wire bundle itself is nicely wrapped in a cloth sheeth vice the crappy knotted mess that Avin sent me. So plus' and minus' here.

One annoying thing about the screen is that it doesn't fit down enough so that the fluid holes line up so that I can screw in the screws to secure it. No matter what I tried it wouldn't work so I just pushed it down as secure as I could and figured it would be fine. Fingers crossed.

Let me know if you want pics of anything in particular
Attached Images

'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 4
Russmov1328.00
BimmerTy192.50
SupersixM201.50
      06-20-2019, 06:47 AM   #99
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
I haven't tried CarPlay yet either. But I did feel like I needed to add that I was surprised it's not more customizable. I always thought that was the big thing with android over iOS. So I guess I've expected more. Like I'd love to be able to customize the tiles. Like one be nav and the one next to it a weather widget or something. Now that would be useful. I think the actual iD7 is like that. The live files with weather being one of them?
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 08:15 AM   #100
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Got great news and ehhh news!

Discovered while pulling into the garage that the unit WILL auto switch to 360 camera when PDC activated!!!! Finally!

The ehhh news is that it does cause CarPlay music to stop but that's simply because it's switching to the car iDrive which turns off aux audio. So that's to be expected now that I think about it. But the second I switch off the camera via the physical button on center console it immediately switches to CarPlay again and music doesn't miss a beat. I'm really excited about that.

Another ehh news. I did find that it appears I CANT listen to radio and CarPlay navigation. I can listen to radio if I use native waze or google maps app but not if I'm trying to use them from CarPlay. Which is kind of disappointing. Even with unichip I could use radio and Waze.

However, There may be a way for me to prevent audio from switching to aux when going into CarPlay in settings somewhere. Anyone got any idea?
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
SupersixM201.50
      06-20-2019, 09:13 AM   #101
foo2002
Private
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15 30D

Quote:

Discovered while pulling into the garage that the unit WILL auto switch to 360 camera when PDC activated!!!! Finally!

The ehhh news is that it does cause CarPlay music to stop but that's simply because it's switching to the car iDrive which turns off aux audio. So that's to be expected now that I think about it. But the second I switch off the camera via the physical button on center console it immediately switches to CarPlay again and music doesn't miss a beat. I'm really excited about that.

Another ehh news. I did find that it appears I CANT listen to radio and CarPlay navigation. I can listen to radio if I use native waze or google maps app but not if I'm trying to use them from CarPlay. Which is kind of disappointing. Even with unichip I could use radio and Waze.

However, There may be a way for me to prevent audio from switching to aux when going into CarPlay in settings somewhere. Anyone got any idea?
I have an Avin unit:
Unmute sound when the car is in reverse
Turn "BackcarSnd" ON in the factory settings menu.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 09:18 AM   #102
foo2002
Private
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15 30D

Quote:

Change the AUX switching mode (Avin menu)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 10:22 AM   #103
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by foo2002 View Post
Quote:

Ya I just found the auto switching setting and that worked great for listening to radio and having CarPlay up. I'll try the backcarsnd one for the camera. Thanks. I'm just really glad to see the auto camera works! Didn't work on my Avin. Does it work on yours? You park in the garage and get close to the wall and boom the 360 camera turns on? I just didn't have it long enough to remember concretely.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 10:35 AM   #104
endo_r1
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo2002 View Post
Quote:

What's CBVS DVR? Does it use the 360 cameras and record when driving/parked?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 10:56 AM   #105
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Ive read that in the newer cars like fxx's , music on android side goes thru normally like the idrive side and no need for aux cable. Is that the case with yours?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 11:51 AM   #106
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Ive read that in the newer cars like fxx's , music on android side goes thru normally like the idrive side and no need for aux cable. Is that the case with yours?
Ya I didn't run the aux. I'm thinking I need to open it back up though and tape it up. I think it's grounding occasionally and causing some feedback. Occasionally I get a little static. But not all the time. And only if I'm in android and not playing music.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 01:41 PM   #107
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Ive been impatiently waiting on Avin but every day that goes by i'm itching to just buy it from Aliexpress. I want this in my car like yesterday. Probably be on Android side non stop. Youtube, Amazon TV/Music and Waze and a nice launcher.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 02:52 PM   #108
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Also, did you figure out if you can go between ID5, ID6 and ID7 ?
Can you split screen the Android side?

Last edited by SupersixM; 06-20-2019 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 04:09 PM   #109
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Also, did you figure out if you can go between ID5, ID6 and ID7 ?
Can you split screen the Android side?
They only have their version of iD7 as an option in settings. And no split screen option.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 04:10 PM   #110
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Ive been impatiently waiting on Avin but every day that goes by i'm itching to just buy it from Aliexpress. I want this in my car like yesterday. Probably be on Android side non stop. Youtube, Amazon TV/Music and Waze and a nice launcher.
Will Avin have the HD screen option?
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0