Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeO View Post
Wouldn't hurt to ask I guess. We're still short 4 people to even reach 10 paid! lol
Only short 2 at this time it would appear...
Find out what 20 would do! I bet the price would be so good everyone would jump on it !

Just hoping ! . Lol
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 04:51 PM   #134
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfochon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfochon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoold2003 View Post
Quote:
Wouldn't hurt to ask I guess. We're still short 4 people to even reach 10 paid! lol

If this is a possibility I'm confident that I could recruit at least one or two more people..
Yep. I send you a message
Please let me know ASAP
@sbinshihon
I already replied to your PM. Check your inbox
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 04:55 PM   #135
chanst3r
Private
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 (F15) M Sport

Is the GB still available?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 05:04 PM   #136
mrod81
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTiger View Post
Send $273 to ShaaibShihon@gmail.com. Make sure it is a friends and family payment otherwise he will only get $259.

PM sbinshihon your Payment email, name, address etc.

Also, note there are some limitations. I think the biggest one for most folks is that camera does not pop up with PDC detects something. In order to view the camera, you have to exit out of CarPlay.
Wait so PDC doesn't work? I thought that was fixed now? Secret menu? If it doesn't work count me out please
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 05:14 PM   #137
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i, 2015 F15 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrod81 View Post
Quote:
Send $273 to ShaaibShihon@gmail.com. Make sure it is a friends and family payment otherwise he will only get $259.

Also, note there are some limitations. I think the biggest one for most folks is that camera does not pop up with PDC detects something. In order to view the camera, you have to exit out of CarPlay.
Wait so PDC doesn't work? I thought that was fixed now? Secret menu? If it doesn't work count me out please
I didn't read the thread but the unichip wired version defiantly works PDC as normal, just have to adjust the settings in the hidden menu as I described.

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...;postcount=411

As DeeO mentioned as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 05:48 PM   #138
mrod81
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTookies View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I didn't read the thread but the unichip wired version defiantly works PDC as normal, just have to adjust the settings in the hidden menu as I described.

So it doesn't work wireless?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 05:50 PM   #139
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i, 2015 F15 35D

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTookies View Post
Quote:
Quote:

So it doesn't work wireless?
I don't know, I personally have the wired version and made it work through the hidden menu, if it works the same for the wireless - who knows... well somebody that has the wireless could try...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 06:16 PM   #140
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I was told by the seller 360 camera works, however I cant confirm because I only have the back up camera.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 06:19 PM   #141
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Find out what 20 would do! I bet the price would be so good everyone would jump on it !

Just hoping ! . Lol
That way, it will be a non ending group buy!
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2019, 06:40 PM   #142
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just hoping ! . Lol
That way, it will be a non ending group buy!
Lol I kid I kid ......
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 06:50 PM   #143
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was told by the seller 360 camera works, however I cant confirm because I only have the back up camera.
Also note that these issues will be worked out with updates I'm sure

The system still works and gives you an audible note so a monitor isn't completely needed but I'm sure it will be fixed in a future update.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 06:35 AM   #144
Amsterdave
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5d-MS & 2018 BMW X3 30i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The system still works and gives you an audible note so a monitor isn't completely needed but I'm sure it will be fixed in a future update.
People got 360 working correctly on Unichip (wired) CarPlay now, so I assume if Joyeauto says it works, there is no reason it can't work on their unit..

Have we reached the number for the group buy yet?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 10:42 AM   #145
Guntherpdx
Private
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 3.5i Msport

have to pass on this go around sorry guys, unexpected tire purchase put me back, in for next round!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 11:02 AM   #146
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This feature will not be "updated" if it doesn't work I can promise you that much. You will probably never see an "update" from them. With that said you don't need an update for future CarPlay versions to work. They run through the phone.

With that said it all these units are the same essentially and it should just be the soft setting in menu 4 as in the wired versions.

Also the audio is not "hardwired" into the aux port like the other versions. I use iDrive Bluetooth for calls and music just fine when connecting to CarPlay. But I do have to switch to aux when I want sound or audio from CarPlay.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 12:01 PM   #147
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This feature will not be "updated" if it doesn't work I can promise you that much. You will probably never see an "update" from them. With that said you don't need an update for future CarPlay versions to work. They run through the phone.

With that said it all these units are the same essentially and it should just be the soft setting in menu 4 as in the wired versions.

Also the audio is not "hardwired" into the aux port like the other versions. I use iDrive Bluetooth for calls and music just fine when connecting to CarPlay. But I do have to switch to aux when I want sound or audio from CarPlay.
Your positivity is absolutely gushing!

Saying the update will not come is ignorant just as me assuming their will be one I guess. I've bought these things in the past and guess what! They updated it so I'm speaking off of my personal experience as I'm sure your speaking of yours.

My rear monitors I bought are proof of that.

If they update the module and your required to buy a new module to fix those issues then I guess I'll just buy those, continuous improvement !
You gotta start somewhere

Also they said it worked but the camera doesn't show.

The beeps still beep, technically that's all I need anyway and that works well enough for me until they work on a version that works 100%.

Having it work 90% is better than having nothing.
Appreciate 1
Maverik2594133.00
      07-21-2019, 03:26 PM   #148
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Your positivity is absolutely gushing!

Saying the update will not come is ignorant just as me assuming their will be one I guess. I've bought these things in the past and guess what! They updated it so I'm speaking off of my personal experience as I'm sure your speaking of yours.

My rear monitors I bought are proof of that.

If they update the module and your required to buy a new module to fix those issues then I guess I'll just buy those, continuous improvement !
You gotta start somewhere

Also they said it worked but the camera doesn't show.

The beeps still beep, technically that's all I need anyway and that works well enough for me until they work on a version that works 100%.

Having it work 90% is better than having nothing.
Ya sorry. Don't have a lot of positive experiences with these products from multiple companies now. Who said what worked? The 360?
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 06:10 PM   #149
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep

Bad news. Unfortunately, Joyeauto contacted me saying "Our cooperation is terminated! because you leaked the price we negotiated" WHATEVER THAT MEANS! I really don't know if they back out on their offer or just playing games... Shame!

I will refund everone's money. I really wanted to make all of you enjoy CarPlay at a reasonable price. If you want the same Wireless CarPlay features, I would recommend this company...

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bXLnOcUY

It connects automatically, supports rear/360 cameras & future updates of Apple.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 06:28 PM   #150
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:
Bad news. Unfortunately, Joyeauto contacted me saying "Our cooperation is terminated! because you leaked the price we negotiated" WHATEVER THAT MEANS! I really don't know if they back out on their offer or just playing games... Shame!

I will refund everone's money. I really wanted to make all of you enjoy CarPlay at a reasonable price. If you want the same Wireless CarPlay features, I would recommend this company...

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bXLnOcUY

It connects automatically, supports rear/360 cameras & future updates of Apple.
Wtf, talk about bad faith negotiations on their part. You both agreed upon a price and they reneged on the deal. Life goes on I suppose. Thanks anyway for nearly pulling this off. I appreciate your efforts!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 06:49 PM   #151
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep

I just refunded the money to all the members.

Regarding the other comapny, am pretty sure their unit has the same capabilities, and will order from them next time for my friends who want Wireless CarPlay.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 07:20 PM   #152
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Regarding the other comapny, am pretty sure their unit has the same capabilities, and will order from them next time for my friends who want Wireless CarPlay.
We being watched yo!!!!!
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2019, 07:28 PM   #153
Kakalika
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d M Sport

Bummer!!!!
      07-21-2019, 07:34 PM   #154
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

We being watched yo!!!!!
Haha.. those greedy bastards. They knew some of the members will probably go buy from them individually after all the publicity.

This is the exact same unit from a diferent supplier..

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bkpJM1hQ
Appreciate 0