Rep
Drives: X6M 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourdadsf86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAEX6M View Post
Quote:
Well, after my first try installing, the climate control panel doesn't work. Seems like it's not getting power, doesn't light up or respond to button presses. After taking the CarPlay system out and putting it back together, still nothing. Anyone have any advice? iDrive system and everything else works fine.
Maybe the wires were not plugged correctly? Try to unplug and plug again. Mine works perfectly.
After many hours I had it fixed but then something's will change every time I start the car. The AC wasn't working, then it was, then it wouldn't change where the AC came from...my best guess is something is being shorted or pinched behind the infotainment system since the CarPlay is sitting behind it. I noticed that my fit was extremely tight...how did you guys fit it no problem?
Not sure about the AC.. mine is working perfect... about the fitments its true that its very tight but u need to push the hard drive with the wires facing the drive side horizontally and it should fit perfectly.
      05-24-2020, 05:35 PM   #24
notyourdadsf86
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6M

Garage List
2016 BMW X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, after my first try installing, the climate control panel doesn't work. Seems like it's not getting power, doesn't light up or respond to button presses. After taking the CarPlay system out and putting it back together, still nothing. Anyone have any advice? iDrive system and everything else works fine.
Maybe the wires were not plugged correctly? Try to unplug and plug again. Mine works perfectly.
After many hours I had it fixed but then something's will change every time I start the car. The AC wasn't working, then it was, then it wouldn't change where the AC came from...my best guess is something is being shorted or pinched behind the infotainment system since the CarPlay is sitting behind it. I noticed that my fit was extremely tight...how did you guys fit it no problem?
Not sure about the AC.. mine is working perfect... about the fitments its true that its very tight but u need to push the hard drive with the wires facing the drive side horizontally and it should fit perfectly.
That's what I'm saying. It's very weird. The unit works perfectly fine and I made it fit. But it's the climate control pane that's been giving me issues.
      05-25-2020, 02:45 AM   #25
UAEX6M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's what I'm saying. It's very weird. The unit works perfectly fine and I made it fit. But it's the climate control pane that's been giving me issues.
My AC is working perfectly but im having an issue with the Lights... so its working but the green small light is not working... dealer told me this is a very sensitive panel and it breaks down easily, got the whole panel changed by the dealer cuz the green light is not working.
      05-25-2020, 05:41 AM   #26
notyourdadsf86
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My AC is working perfectly but im having an issue with the Lights... so its working but the green small light is not working... dealer told me this is a very sensitive panel and it breaks down easily, got the whole panel changed by the dealer cuz the green light is not working.
They charged you I'm assuming? I was hesitant to bring the car in since I did the work on CarPlay myself and figured it voided the warranty.
      05-25-2020, 07:30 AM   #27
careagax5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Had the same issue with ac unit button and they also replaced the whole unit )
( I haven't messed with my CarPlay stuff , all stock there (2016)
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 08:46 PM   #28
notyourdadsf86
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by careagax5m View Post
Had the same issue with ac unit button and they also replaced the whole unit )
( I haven't messed with my CarPlay stuff , all stock there (2016)
Good to know. I have my guy taking a look on Wednesday. Even though I got it to work 100% I have a sneaking suspicion it will crap out on me.
      05-28-2020, 08:59 AM   #29
notyourdadsf86
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X6M  [0.00]
Just an update. My guy checked out the AC unit. He said there were a ton of faults so he reset them. No need to replace the panel. Just wanted to put this out there for anyone that might come across the issue.
      06-07-2020, 04:39 AM   #30
Oward74
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 25d

Hello,

I've just tried to install this (Andream version) in my F15 last night, but get stuck when it comes to install NBT unit back...
How do you guys place the carplay box behind NBT? For me it just won't fit - might be dumb :-/
Any advice appreciated, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 08:13 AM   #31
UAEX6M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oward74 View Post
Hello,

I've just tried to install this (Andream version) in my F15 last night, but get stuck when it comes to install NBT unit back...
How do you guys place the carplay box behind NBT? For me it just won't fit - might be dumb :-/
Any advice appreciated, thanks.
Hi, u need to push the hard drive with the wires facing the drive side horizontally and it should fit perfectly.
      06-08-2020, 11:13 AM   #32
Oward74
Rep

Quote:
Hi, u need to push the hard drive with the wires facing the drive side horizontally and it should fit perfectly.
I've found some pictures here : https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1616260
Seems it fits with cables out on the right side but it's a different unit.
I was following initially the Bimmertech video where they kept most of OEM cables in place but I think I would need to unplug everything from the NBT unit to find the right place.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 06:38 AM   #33
Oward74
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oward74 View Post
I've found some pictures here : https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1616260
Seems it fits with cables out on the right side but it's a different unit.
I was following initially the Bimmertech video where they kept most of OEM cables in place but I think I would need to unplug everything from the NBT unit to find the right place.
Thanks.
Finally got this installed!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 03:36 PM   #34
Btt335
BETTO
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW f85 X5M-BMW F15

After Install the car play In my f15 When I make calls the person in the other Line can hear me but I can hear the other person, I have to chance to the car bluetooth, somebody can help me with that , thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 02:59 AM   #35
Lighting.Grey
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86 X6M // E53 X5 4.8is

Garage List
2016 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2005 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herofmine View Post
There are much cheaper solutions than Bimmertech, they are selling $260 Chinese device for 600$....
That is so true. If you live in China and you can get the device sooooo cheap.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 05:56 PM   #36
XxBBVTMxX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d, 2008 Lexus IS-F

Garage List
Hello my fellow enthusiast,

I wanted to chime in on the echo problem because I finally had enough on the Bimmertech CarPlay MMI Prime after callers having problems talking to me but everything on my side sounding fine. I followed the instructions when I got the box last December but I think this new update did it for me. I followed the instructions again and no issues after calling several people so I'm happy now.

My new setting are AEC Delay on 20, AEC quality on 2. I have the B&O sound system so this works perfectly for me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MM198422.50
      07-10-2020, 07:14 PM   #37
Travis1807
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

I just had an andream MMI unit installed and when i go in reverse I cn only see my camera view on the dash if i switch out of CarPlay. Are all the systems like that or did i mess something up??? i thought we could see the back up camera and front camera for that matter while in CarPlay.

thanks for the help
      07-11-2020, 07:12 AM   #38
notyourdadsf86
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btt335 View Post
After Install the car play In my f15 When I make calls the person in the other Line can hear me but I can hear the other person, I have to chance to the car bluetooth, somebody can help me with that , thanks
Same issue with my cheap Chinese alternative. Not really sure if there's a fix. I notice that if I answer or call from the steering wheel controls it goes through Bluetooth. Using the dial to answer on the screen goes to CarPlay. I only use the steering wheel for calls now.
      07-13-2020, 03:33 PM   #39
UAEX6M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis1807 View Post
I just had an andream MMI unit installed and when i go in reverse I cn only see my camera view on the dash if i switch out of CarPlay. Are all the systems like that or did i mess something up??? i thought we could see the back up camera and front camera for that matter while in CarPlay.

thanks for the help
That doesnt happen to me with bimmertech...

I think bimmertech has the best retrofit for apple carplay, they have the echo problem while speaking on the phone with others but after the update ots totally gone...

Its worth it