BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-22-2020, 12:49 AM   #1
EuroCarFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Joyeauto Wireless Apple CarPlay Issue - No Sound

I had bought a used Joyeauto Wireless Apple CarPlay from a member on here a few months back. I actually only just discovered about 2 weeks ago that I can connect wirelessly. LOL

All of a sudden though, there's no sound. It's connected through Wifi and IDCORE Bluetooth and the interface is there but not sure what happened to the sound.

When I connect the phone via USB, then I get sound and actually can use the Apple CarPlay interface for control like pause, next..etc.. But then sometimes the sound will stop.

Is there something in the menu I need to check or could it be an issue with the unit or loose wire?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 10:02 AM   #2
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroCarFan View Post
I had bought a used Joyeauto Wireless Apple CarPlay from a member on here a few months back. I actually only just discovered about 2 weeks ago that I can connect wirelessly. LOL

All of a sudden though, there's no sound. It's connected through Wifi and IDCORE Bluetooth and the interface is there but not sure what happened to the sound.

When I connect the phone via USB, then I get sound and actually can use the Apple CarPlay interface for control like pause, next..etc.. But then sometimes the sound will stop.

Is there something in the menu I need to check or could it be an issue with the unit or loose wire?
Press the 'mode' button on the dash and see if that gives you sound. Also, make sure you have the latest firmware.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 10:32 AM   #3
EuroCarFan
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk AG View Post
Press the 'mode' button on the dash and see if that gives you sound. Also, make sure you have the latest firmware.
That didn't work. I pressed it a few times and it just switches between the radio and the CarPlay with no sound when it's CarPlay.

Also just realized that even the wired connection for the module doesn't have sound either. The USB connection I mentioned above is the car's USB port in the arm rest.

Must be something wrong with the output from the module to the car's audio?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 10:59 AM   #4
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
That didn't work. I pressed it a few times and it just switches between the radio and the CarPlay with no sound when it's CarPlay.

Also just realized that even the wired connection for the module doesn't have sound either. The USB connection I mentioned above is the car's USB port in the arm rest.

Must be something wrong with the output from the module to the car's audio?
Double check the quad lock, esp the 2 pin fiber optic plug
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 11:03 AM   #5
EuroCarFan
Captain
Rep

A had a shop install the module so not sure where to look for that. Would it be behind the dash or accessible somewhere from underneath the glove box or something?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 11:05 AM   #6
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
A had a shop install the module so not sure where to look for that. Would it be behind the dash or accessible somewhere from underneath the glove box or something?
It's the main/sub plug behind the HU. If you paid for installation, maybe let the shop check for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 11:15 AM   #7
EuroCarFan
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk AG View Post
It's behind the main/sub plug behind the HU. If you paid for installation, maybe let the shop check for you.
Got it. Yeah I paid for the installation so will have my shop check.

Thanks for all your help.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 06:06 PM   #8
EuroCarFan
Captain
Rep

Figured it out. User error! :P Which I'm glad it was as it means it was an easy fix.

I had to select Aux input under Multimedia. I think it was defaulted there but I probably accidentally changed it a few days ago and the audio stopped. I opened a chat with Joyeauto and that was the first thing they asked about.

Thanks for your help nonetheless Kraftwerk AG.
Appreciate 1