BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-24-2022, 08:24 PM   #1
Boosted12a
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i x

F15 Hard race rear sway bar review

Since I haven't seen many posts on the hard race bar I'll put my opinion here. This is on a 2016 x5 50i, standard spring and sway bars.
First off they are not easy to get. Ould t find anyone in the us that had one or had an idea when they would be in stock. Wound up ordering off evilbay from some. Company in the UK. They said it was in stock, not the case! However they said they would have it in under a month. After 5 weeks I emailed em and the gave me a tracking # a few days later. Bar showed up 5 days after that so not too bad I guess. Any how, install is simple. 4 13mm bolts for the brackets, an 18mm wrench and t40 torxs for the sway bar link. If you have the stock muffler you may have to drop the exhaust. I'm straight piped so plenty of room. Un bolt the brackets first and pull the bar to the rear for more room to get to the nuts on the links. Un do the links holding the nut and running stud in with the torxs. Manuver the bar out and slide the new bar in with the new bushings and brackets. Install links and brackets. Enjoy it! Body roll is definitely reduced but what impressed me more was the in crease in steering response. I haven't pushed it hard yet but just on the highway and around slow turns the steering responds much faster. I've got 79k on the original struts so they probably could stand to be replaced. Hope this helps anyone thinking about upgrading.

Last edited by Boosted12a; 08-24-2022 at 09:23 PM..
Appreciate 3