06-16-2019, 08:59 AM   #4841
albec
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (F15) 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiiuk View Post
Hi Albec
Did you buy the genuine kit from BMW? If not have you put a 120 ohm resistor accross the can line on the camera side.
The reverse camera kit is original OEM, and I followed the installation guide from 2016.
My car is 2014 model, I don't know if there is any difference in the wiring from 2014-2016?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 12:08 AM   #4842
ManImCool
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

I previously successfully coded sports+ to my F10 via esys, but am now trying to accomplish the same to my 2015 F15.

If I follow the F10 instructions, it says to REPLACE 205 with 2TB. But from the instructions I've seen so far for F15, it only says to ADD 2TB. Is this correct? Or should I also be deleting something when coding/adding 2TB to the FA?

Edit: nevermind, figured it by just trying (just add it). Got it working. Thanks

Last edited by ManImCool; 06-19-2019 at 07:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 09:22 AM   #4843
ManImCool
Private First Class
Rep

Alright, new question. I've owned this F15 X5 for a little under a week now, and definitely noticed that the previous owner already did some of the codings I would have done myself.

But for the first time since owning, I tried BMW's navigation, and quickly noticed that the navigation (and cruise control) indicators were not showing up on the HUD. I don't know what the previous owner could have done to accidentally (or on purpose) code that out. Going to the HUD display options on iDrive clearly show "Navigation" as selected, yet no navigation shows on the HUD. The only items that display in the HUD are my speed and speed limit.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Is there a specific ECU I can VO code to get everything back to default settings so get it working again? Earlier this morning, I added 2TB and VO coded BDC_Body, Kombi, and ICM, so those were already recently reverted to default.

If it matters, I have the 6WB instrument panel.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 09:43 AM   #4844
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
Alright, new question. I've owned this F15 X5 for a little under a week now, and definitely noticed that the previous owner already did some of the codings I would have done myself.

But for the first time since owning, I tried BMW's navigation, and quickly noticed that the navigation (and cruise control) indicators were not showing up on the HUD. I don't know what the previous owner could have done to accidentally (or on purpose) code that out. Going to the HUD display options on iDrive clearly show "Navigation" as selected, yet no navigation shows on the HUD. The only items that display in the HUD are my speed and speed limit.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Is there a specific ECU I can VO code to get everything back to default settings so get it working again? Earlier this morning, I added 2TB and VO coded BDC_Body, Kombi, and ICM, so those were already recently reverted to default.

If it matters, I have the 6WB instrument panel.
You must have a Route selected, and you can only have Nav in Kombi or HUD, one or the other, but not both.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 10:59 AM   #4845
ManImCool
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
You must have a Route selected, and you can only have Nav in Kombi or HUD, one or the other, but not both.
I do have a route selected, which displays on NBT - but there's no Nav showing in neither Kombi nor HUD. Any ideas? Did the previous owner incorrectly code when retrofitting the 6WB?

It's a bummer that in general, Nav can't show up on both HUD/Kombi. But I don't even get it on one of them!

Like I said, I'm happy to hit the nuclear option and VO code mostly everything back to stock (but with 2TB added) and start over, but I'm (not) sure where to begin, and I'm confident the more experienced coders here can direct me in the right direction.

Thanks!

edit: typo. I'm NOT sure where to begin

Last edited by ManImCool; 06-19-2019 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 11:07 AM   #4846
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I do have a route selected, which displays on NBT - but there's no Nav showing in neither Kombi nor HUD. Any ideas? Did the previous owner incorrectly code when retrofitting the 6WB?

It's a bummer that in general, Nav can't show up on both HUD/Kombi. But I don't even get it on one of them!

Like I said, I'm happy to hit the nuclear option and VO code mostly everything back to stock (but with 2TB added) and start over, but I'm sure where to begin, and I'm confident the more experienced coders here can direct me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Hard to guess what may have been done by previous owner. Best bet is to VO Code HU_NBT and DKombi and then check and see if it is working.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 11:15 AM   #4847
Mr.47
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 35d

shawnsheridan Hey could I get a copy ESYS and launcher + PSdZdata? Looking to install into a newer laptop, and the version that i have i can't seem to do anything but VO coding due to missing token password for FDL.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 11:28 AM   #4848
ManImCool
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hard to guess what may have been done by previous owner. Best bet is to VO Code HU_NBT and DKombi and then check and see if it is working.
I'll give that a shot tonight. If VO coding those 2 don't fix things, what ECUs would you suggest next?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 11:56 AM   #4849
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'll give that a shot tonight. If VO coding those 2 don't fix things, what ECUs would you suggest next?
There are no other ECU's affecting this function.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 11:57 AM   #4850
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.47 View Post
shawnsheridan Hey could I get a copy ESYS and launcher + PSdZdata? Looking to install into a newer laptop, and the version that i have i can't seem to do anything but VO coding due to missing token password for FDL.

Thanks
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 05:21 PM   #4851
ManImCool
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
There are no other ECU's affecting this function.
Well, unfortunately I VO coded both Kombi and HU_NBT, but there still isn't any navigation showing up on the HUD OR Kombi. Now what? Is it possible the requisite code was deleted out of FA? If so, what would that value be to look for?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 05:35 PM   #4852
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well, unfortunately I VO coded both Kombi and HU_NBT, but there still isn't any navigation showing up on the HUD OR Kombi. Now what? Is it possible the requisite code was deleted out of FA? If so, what would that value be to look for?
No. There is no Option Code for just Nav Display. Only relevant options are 610 HUD and 609 Nav Pro. Isn't car under warranty still? Get dealer to fix it.

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 07:29 AM   #4853
ManImCool
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
No. There is no Option Code for just Nav Display. Only relevant options are 610 HUD and 609 Nav Pro. Isn't car under warranty still? Get dealer to fix it.
Unfortunately, no, warranty ended late last year. Am I really SOL here?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 09:05 AM   #4854
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Unfortunately, no, warranty ended late last year. Am I really SOL here?
Is 6WB original factory fitted or a retrofit?

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 09:37 AM   #4855
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
Interesting, about to delve into coding myself. And as you I was doing the date manipulation and rearming to get things working. Perhaps Launcher PRO 2.8.2 will yield a cleaner approach.
Did you find the anwser to this question already?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 12:22 PM   #4856
ManImCool
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Is 6WB original factory fitted or a retrofit?
I had just assumed it was a retrofit; I'll ask the dealership if they know. Is it something I can quickly determine by checking the VIN and the packages included? I don't recall seeing any option like that listed when reviewing it pre-purchase.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 12:39 PM   #4857
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I had just assumed it was a retrofit; I'll ask the dealership if they know. Is it something I can quickly determine by checking the VIN and the packages included? I don't recall seeing any option like that listed when reviewing it pre-purchase.
Decode VIN and see if car has Option 6WB. If 6WB was retrofitted then VP Coding me not be enough, and you need additional FDL Coding.

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 01:13 PM   #4858
ManImCool
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Decode VIN and see if car has Option 6WB. If 6WB was retrofitted then VP Coding me not be enough, and you need additional FDL Coding.
Would the option be called anything other 6WB? I don't see a literal 6WA nor 6WB listed anywhere. Nor do I see an Executive Package listed, although unclear if it came with 6WB in 2015.

PM'ing you my VIN if it can clear anything up.

If it was retrofitted, do you know what I'll need to do re FDL coding?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 01:41 PM   #4859
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Would the option be called anything other 6WB? I don't see a literal 6WA nor 6WB listed anywhere. Nor do I see an Executive Package listed, although unclear if it came with 6WB in 2015.

PM'ing you my VIN if it can clear anything up.

If it was retrofitted, do you know what I'll need to do re FDL coding?
6WB is not factory fitted.

Make sure these are FDL Coded:

HU_NBT => KOMBI_CIC = kombi_high
HU_NBT => GUIDING_KOMBI_HUD = aktiv

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 04:36 PM   #4860
ManImCool
Private First Class
Rep

One other quick thing - I’m not sure where things went wrong because I’m pretty confident I correctly selected F025 during the initial E-Sys setup, but yesterday after VO coding Kombi/NBT, I noticed the funkktionen folders’ names were all blank except with a period “.”

I suspect it might have something to do with doing some VO coding earlier this week with my computer date set to January 2017, but more recently did VO coding with the actual date of 6/19/2019. Normally Esys won’t let me move past token creation unless the date has been set to 1/1/2017. But for whatever reason, it didn’t require me to do so yesterday, nor did I notice that it let me without changing.

To fix this, is this a case of doing more computer date manipulation moving forward 4 days then backwards? If so, from which date - 1/1/2017, or 6/19/2019?

In the alternative, I can just reinstall E-sys and select F25 again, but what would the steps be at that point? Repeating all the VO coding I did over the past week? If so, from what date?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 05:31 PM   #4861
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
One other quick thing - I’m not sure where things went wrong because I’m pretty confident I correctly selected F025 during the initial E-Sys setup, but yesterday after VO coding Kombi/NBT, I noticed the funkktionen folders’ names were all blank except with a period “.”

I suspect it might have something to do with doing some VO coding earlier this week with my computer date set to January 2017, but more recently did VO coding with the actual date of 6/19/2019. Normally Esys won’t let me move past token creation unless the date has been set to 1/1/2017. But for whatever reason, it didn’t require me to do so yesterday, nor did I notice that it let me without changing.

To fix this, is this a case of doing more computer date manipulation moving forward 4 days then backwards? If so, from which date - 1/1/2017, or 6/19/2019?

In the alternative, I can just reinstall E-sys and select F25 again, but what would the steps be at that point? Repeating all the VO coding I did over the past week? If so, from what date?
(...) means the PSdZData is Trimmed. Trimmed PSdZData means either E-Sys has Incorrect Target Connection, or you do not use E-Sys Launcher to open E-Sys, or you use E-Sys Launcher PREMIUM but select wrong car Series or this particular ECU CAFD is not mapped in E-Sys Launcher's CAFD Mapping Database, or you have insufficient Java Memory in order for E-Sys Launcher to map it.mapping for FDL Codoing, then you must run E-Sys Launcher.

In your case with VO Coding, you would be bypassing E-Sys Launcher, so that is why nothing would be mapped. If you need mapping for FDL Coding, then use E-Sys Launcher.

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 05:38 PM   #4862
ManImCool
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
(...) means the PSdZData is Trimmed. Trimmed PSdZData means either E-Sys has Incorrect Target Connection, or you do not use E-Sys Launcher to open E-Sys, or you use E-Sys Launcher PREMIUM but select wrong car Series or this particular ECU CAFD is not mapped in E-Sys Launcher's CAFD Mapping Database, or you have insufficient Java Memory in order for E-Sys Launcher to map it.mapping for FDL Codoing, then you must run E-Sys Launcher.

In your case with VO Coding, you would be bypassing E-Sys Launcher, so that is why nothing would be mapped. If you need mapping for FDL Coding, then use E-Sys Launcher.
Thanks for the explanation. I'll experiment.

Back to the above coding, GUIDING_KOMBI_HUD doesn't have nicht/activ as options. It is selected on "l6_kombi_hud" with the other option being "rueko_mit_hud."

I then saw that KOMBI_CIC was already set to High.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0