11-01-2021, 08:08 PM   #1
Ernestox5m
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 F85 X5M , 03 335ci

!!!! Help 16 f85 x5m

My X5M under load stalls outs

Downpipe and had BM3 stage 2 tune

A little back story driving one day and brake malfunction came up and pedestrian malfunction and couple other warning lights about an hour after car starts to stall out mid traffic have it towed to the stealership obv they saw the tune and blamed the tune and that ecu's were bricked car had cel for no communication with dme 1, took the car to get a second opinion and same thing said both ecu's replaced to be replaced… so okay replaced both DME's and problem still continues….. car idles completely normal no lights nothing.. in neutral you can rev it up no problem but when you put it in gear and then drive it will drive no problem if you drive it very lightly problem comes sometimes when you give extra throttle sometimes it stalls out and all the malfunctions light come back on

Anyone have any problems like this???
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 08:35 PM   #2
Chilled
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

What plugs are you running? Stock plugs don't like tunes, you need to run something cooler.

I cant Youtube atm, but check out this, and his next vid for plug choice.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 08:51 PM   #3
Ernestox5m
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilled View Post
What plugs are you running? Stock plugs don't like tunes, you need to run something cooler.

I cant Youtube atm, but check out this, and his next vid for plug choice.
Tune was removed when installed new dme's they were flashed to stock and plugs were changed about 3 weeks before this started happening
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 09:02 PM   #4
Chilled
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernestox5m View Post
Tune was removed when installed new dme's they were flashed to stock and plugs were changed about 3 weeks before this started happening
If the tune was removed, and you are running catless. You could be getting some issues from your o2 sensors. You could be getting the CEL error from the 2nd o2 sensor. That is usually coded out as part of the tune to handle running catless.
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2021, 09:15 PM   #5
Chilled
Major
Australia
Rep

Also do you have any diagnostic tools, Bimmerlink/Carly/NT5xx, ect. The could give some indication as to what is failing. As without these, we are somewhat blindly guessing.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 10:44 PM   #6
Ernestox5m
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilled View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernestox5m View Post
If the tune was removed, and you are running catless. You could be getting some issues from your o2 sensors. You could be getting the CEL error from the 2nd o2 sensor. That is usually coded out as part of the tune to handle running catless.
Yea tune was removed that's what I was told by the person that replaced the ecu's i also did find it weird after ecu replacement I drivin about 100miles and still not 02 cel light, im still waiting on my enet cable to come in too see what I can get for codes if any, more than often I don't get any cel or warning lights but when the car does stall out some times just get and brake and chassis stabilization warning other times I get about 10 different malfunctions [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 08:07 PM   #7
Chilled
Major
Australia
Rep

Wow, thats a few errors.

Given that you already had 2x Failed DMEs, I would ask are the any other failed/ing modules? Did the dealer mentioned anything else?

How the battery? If you get the errors under load, cloud it be electrical?
Appreciate 0