BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-19-2023, 12:09 PM   #1
doculster
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 30d M Sport

Question X5 Vibration and judder, any advice

Hi All

Great community which has helped me a ton already with my X5, specifically retrofitting heating steering wheel and HBA.

I am hoping that you might be able to further assist me with a very troublesome and annoying vibration and brake judder.

Since I took purchase of this car I have been chasing what could be two seperate or 1 issue(s).

Issue 1, I have a low frequency vibration at highway motorway speed, i.e. above 60 MPH, it is subtle but annoying. It is felt slightly through the wheel but mostly through the chassis

Issue 2, a braking judder but only at higher speeds and light to medium braking, i.e. it lessens when braking hard.

So in order to address this I have over the last year or so replaced and done the following

New Front discs and pads
New rear pads
Balanced the wheels
Got another set of wheels which were balanced (matching Pirelli RFTs)
New front control arms (lemforder)
New front thrust arms (Meyle HD)
New rear control arms (lemforder)
4 wheel alignment
New rear discs and pads

As you can see I have tried allot, in general the car drives very well with the new arms really tightening up things.

However the brake judder has returned even after fitting the new rear discs and pads and the vibration is still present so I am starting to lose patience.

Any thoughts on what I should get my garage to check, reading through various threads, wheel bearings and drive axles seem to be options?
Appreciate 0