BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-22-2018, 02:05 PM   #331
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
He's busy having a heart attack right now. Can you try to take another stab at it?
I sent him a message earlier to wish him happy Solstice and I got the funny feeling he had been reading this side of the forum again.

"How hard is it to read a pdf?"

Turns out even a dyslexic can sort through stats but Americans can't apparently. This won't be pretty.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 04:39 PM   #332
Dieselunlimited
Banned
Rep
Drives: X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
How about fixing the drug prices first?

Happy Solstice, Bmwbb!
The major issue isn't the drug price, the the cost of administering drugs and healthcare as a whole.

The coat of all of it is abused largely as the results of big insurance companies, and the hospitals, healthcare professionals, and pharmacies abusing the system.

There are soooooooo many loopholes, it's nearly impossible to balance out at this time.

Here's perspective, I have a good client that recently sold his pharmacies (5). The buyer mainly wanted the license from the county which can be very difficult to obtain. The buyer essentially was a get it while it's good investor and in result would Bill anything and everything under the sun until XYZ insurance company cut them off. By that point you have made millions, and instead of reworking the business you just close down. Sadly it's done often.

I'm addition to that, there was a perspective buyer before he sold that had structured a billable lime item for a urinalysis test that he legal and justifiably per the coding the insurance company has was able to bill $17k for the tests. Gross negligence and abuse, yet all allowed under current structure.

Regarding drugs and cost, they're very expensive to make and politics isn't cheap...... often billions goes into the R&D prior to release. Sometimes taking 10+ yrs. I unfortunately know more than I'd like as a completely different client of mine who is 49, has been a Merck rep working for multiple drug lines since she was 22 put of college.

It's all a mess.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 05:18 PM   #333
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselunlimited View Post
The major issue isn't the drug price, the the cost of administering drugs and healthcare as a whole.

The coat of all of it is abused largely as the results of big insurance companies, and the hospitals, healthcare professionals, and pharmacies abusing the system.

There are soooooooo many loopholes, it's nearly impossible to balance out at this time.

Here's perspective, I have a good client that recently sold his pharmacies (5). The buyer mainly wanted the license from the county which can be very difficult to obtain. The buyer essentially was a get it while it's good investor and in result would Bill anything and everything under the sun until XYZ insurance company cut them off. By that point you have made millions, and instead of reworking the business you just close down. Sadly it's done often.

I'm addition to that, there was a perspective buyer before he sold that had structured a billable lime item for a urinalysis test that he legal and justifiably per the coding the insurance company has was able to bill $17k for the tests. Gross negligence and abuse, yet all allowed under current structure.

Regarding drugs and cost, they're very expensive to make and politics isn't cheap...... often billions goes into the R&D prior to release. Sometimes taking 10+ yrs. I unfortunately know more than I'd like as a completely different client of mine who is 49, has been a Merck rep working for multiple drug lines since she was 22 put of college.

It's all a mess.
Yup, that all too.

Our system is very different, eu for one bans marketing description drugs to consumers and we have pre-emptive healthcare system that's often exhausting.

Happy Solstice A! This is a topic I'd love to do a deeper dive to but my idiot dog apparently is not well again.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 08:52 AM   #334
MKSixer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:

It's all a mess.
Quote:
Yup, that all too.

Our system is very different, eu for one bans marketing description drugs to consumers and we have pre-emptive healthcare system that's often exhausting.

Happy Solstice A! This is a topic I'd love to do a deeper dive to but my idiot dog apparently is not well again.
All true but the the elephant in the room is the cost of administration which is about 30%. This has to end. Insurance companies are getting fatter and fatter while squeezing the profit margins even more and reimbursing less. The real money in healthcare is in administration, not delivering healthcare.

https://healthpayerintelligence.com/...-united-states

Cheers-mk

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 08:05 PM   #335
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:

It's all a mess.
Quote:
Yup, that all too.

All true but the the elephant in the room is the cost of administration which is about 30%. This has to end. Insurance companies are getting fatter and fatter while squeezing the profit margins even more and reimbursing less. The real money in healthcare is in administration, not delivering healthcare.

https://healthpayerintelligence.com/...-united-states

Cheers-mk
IIRC, the cost of administration is 11%? And insurers have to rebate excess profits to their policy holders?
      07-01-2018, 08:22 PM   #336
MKSixer
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
IIRC, the cost of administration is 11%? And insurers have to rebate excess profits to their policy holders?
No...not all of them have to do so. It's a tangled, deliberately so, web of fees and costs that leave everyone confounded.

There is more positive change coming down the pike which will push us farther away from a single-payer model as well as the current commercial models.

Can't discuss in detail but the next year will be pretty exciting. If it doesn't get squashed.

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 08:08 PM   #337
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

https://www.rt.com/news/432606-swedi...rage-migrants/

Wonder how many of our "unaccompanied minors" and "separated families" are actually adults?
      07-17-2018, 08:11 PM   #338
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

What happens to Americans that commit crimes. Do their kids go to jail with them?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 08:16 PM   #339
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

No. But you can carry-on a support peacock here.
bbbbmw2012.00

07-17-2018, 08:17 PM   #340
1MOREMOD
United_States
Rep

Hey it helps with my anxiety and makes me drinks to boot.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer7828.50

07-17-2018, 08:19 PM   #341
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quality 300mg and up CBD oil.
Changed my life. I'm drinking now but no anxiety. No peacock neever.
      07-17-2018, 08:30 PM   #342
1MOREMOD
United_States
Rep

Was joking dont have anxiety
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 12:32 PM   #343
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Was joking dont have anxiety
Or was I?????
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 12:45 PM   #344
1MOREMOD
United_States
Rep

Help chest pains
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 01:18 PM   #345
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Help chest pains
Here's a prescription for beer, preferably about 6%
Appreciate 1
MKSixer7828.50

07-18-2018, 01:21 PM   #346
MKSixer
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
And unlimited refills. Never forget the unlimited refills.

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 01:39 PM   #347
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
And unlimited refills. Never forget the unlimited refills.
First it's unlimited beers. What's next, unlimited opioids? And if he doesn't come back for refill, how do I charge insurance outrageous bills to support my cannabis habit? Man, here I thought you UNDERSTOOD the soft underbelly of medicine. Guess that kinda explains the whole change of jobs from lobbying. . .
Appreciate 1
MKSixer7828.50

07-18-2018, 03:30 PM   #348
1MOREMOD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Or more just had dogfish 120 this weekend