Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmkungfu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeson View Post
Where did you buy the Lamforder part?
I couldn't find any place in US this part number (31126864821)
There are lots of arms for E70 but not for F15
$204 here:

https://www.rmeuropean.com/Products/...821-MFG69.aspx
Nice price albeit oem is $270. No ones buying parts at MSRP. Or at least they shouldn't be. Lol

I just started getting a new major clunk when taking turns or big slow dips from the driver side. Another hunt and destroy. Only two other control arms to guess since the rear wish bone is new.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 05:58 PM   #24
smc007
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

My lower arm was replaced under warranty a few months ago. They greased the bushing so much that it ended up on the wheel...a big mess.

Now, I'm past my warranty and the noise is back. Only does it when turning, so likely the same bushing as it's connected to the steering knuckle.

Joy.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 08:14 PM   #25
Maalo07
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X35i MPPK GTS

I have the same noise now a month after installing the lowering springs. Took it back to the guys that did me the job and they said that the control arm bushings have to get “acostumed” to the springs and the noise will disappear. I’m Still waiting for that miracle to happen
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 03:46 PM   #26
9mmkungfu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335d, 535d, 750i, X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Nice price albeit oem is $270. No ones buying parts at MSRP. Or at least they shouldn't be. Lol

I just started getting a new major clunk when taking turns or big slow dips from the driver side. Another hunt and destroy. Only two other control arms to guess since the rear wish bone is new.
True. Does anyone know if Lemforder is the OEM supplier for the factory control arms?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 02:20 PM   #27
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maalo07 View Post
I have the same noise now a month after installing the lowering springs. Took it back to the guys that did me the job and they said that the control arm bushings have to get "acostumed" to the springs and the noise will disappear. I'm Still waiting for that miracle to happen
Lol ya I've had it lowered for about two months now and the noise just started and it's only driver side. Finding exactly which bushing is bad is going to be fun. Lol it's a shame we always just have to replace the whole arms. It's always just the bushings that go bad. Thanks bmw for being cheap AF. And I feel it would be so much cheaper to just swap just the bushing the the metal. Also less wasteful.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 02:12 PM   #28
anon1000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewl X5 View Post
If the noise is coming from the front, then it could be your control arm bushings worn out.

There is a technical service bulletin stating that either side is worn out, replace both sides with updated control arms with bushings. Suspect the bushings in updated control arms are the "updated" parts.

Tends to happen at slow speeds...

Look at this forum thread...

Loud clunk in front suspension https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1415871

Good luck.
Agreed. Mine was the same around 40k miles, replaced both front control arms under warranty. Quiet now. Slow speed clunk on the left side is what I experienced.
Appreciate 1
Maverik2594133.00
      12-20-2018, 10:19 AM   #29
mikeson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 M package

UPDATE -

I used to replace parts from 'r33_RGSport' shop but since it is posted as DIY, I tried myself.
It was little bit hard but if you want to do it, disconnect the swayer end link, you will be much easier to put middle bolts. (I spend almost 1hr try to figure it and after disconnect the swayer end link, it was so easy to do it)
Anyway, I replaced the Wishbone as OP posted and noise is gone. No more noise.

Thank you guys.
Appreciate 1
Kewl X552.50
      12-20-2018, 10:49 AM   #30
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Thank you for this useful thread, I have had the groaning / squeaking noise from the front of our family's X5 for several months now and couldn't find anything that looked wrong anywhere. After finding this thread, I took a chance on replacing the wishbones even though all of the bushings in my wishbones looked perfect. Even with the old arms off of the car, I couldn't spot a single thing that looked off about the bushings BUT the new arms have 100% eliminated the noise. Steering is definitely a little smoother and I was also experiencing a pretty noticeable brake pedal judder on medium braking that is also 90% gone now.

Our X5 is a 2015 with 60k miles on it.
Appreciate 1
Kewl X552.50
      07-16-2019, 03:27 PM   #31
Gtz1wickedest
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5

Having this same exact noise from my passenger side. By replacing that part did the noise every come back? mikeson
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 06:11 PM   #32
mikeson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 M package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtz1wickedest View Post
Having this same exact noise from my passenger side. By replacing that part did the noise every come back? mikeson
Ah,.. this is an old post.
Anyway, I fixed by replacing the control arm.
this one.

After I replaced it, all noise was gone. Hope it helps you.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 06:22 PM   #33
Gtz1wickedest
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
this one.

Thanks bro will order it now thing is driving me crazy
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 09:56 PM   #34
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
this one.

It's always the wish bone. Lol. GL. Check out my DIY if you got any questions.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 09:21 AM   #35
Gtz1wickedest
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
this one.

Lol thanks man I read your diy like 10 times looks a little out of my league. My truck has 12k miles and it's a 2017 I would take it to the dealer but I'm afraid they will 100% blame me and my suspension since I'm on bags
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 06:26 PM   #36
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
this one.

Lol thanks man I read your diy like 10 times looks a little out of my league. My truck has 12k miles and it's a 2017 I would take it to the dealer but I'm afraid they will 100% blame me and my suspension since I'm on bags
Oh dude they're covered under warranty fully. There's a SIB for them. Surprised they still have issues on 2017.

And what do you mean on bags? Like the oem rear air bags. Cuz that has no effect.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 11:14 PM   #37
Gtz1wickedest
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
this one.

Oh dude they're covered under warranty fully. There's a SIB for them. Surprised they still have issues on 2017.

And what do you mean on bags? Like the oem rear air bags. Cuz that has no effect.
No no I mean full air suspension all around with airlif
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 12:02 PM   #38
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
this one.

No no I mean full air suspension all around with airlif
Oh Interesting
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 12:56 PM   #39
BimmerTy
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 X5 50i M Sport

Garage List
Well Mav, I mentioned this initially under your DIY Wishbone thread but this is probably the right thread here..

Had my Thrust Arms aka Upper Control Arms replaced recently because a bushing was worn and cracked, however, there was no audible noise at the time. After the replacements, I now have a creaking sound at low speeds on front driver's side that seems to go away (at least mostly) after I drive for a few minutes. It's definitely the worst when I first start driving after the car has been sitting for at least a couple hours. My indy couldn't figure it out, 3rd party shop that specializes in front ends, and the dealer couldn't figure it out. I think I'm SOL at this point.

Not related to the creaking - Indy is also replacing my front right axle since they screwed up and damaged the axle boot when replacing the control arms. Labor to replace the boot isn't worth it so new axle it is.
2015 F15 X5 xDrive50i - M Sport - Space Grey Metallic - 21" 612M - Accelera Iota ST68's - Black Dakota - Leather Dash - Poplar Wood - Ceramic - Shawdowline - Anthracite - Adaptive M - Full LED - Executive - DA+ - Surround - HUD - Enhanced BT - Soft Close - B&O - ACC Stop & Go - Multi Contour - 4 Zone Climate - Comfort Seats - Cold Weather - Muffler Delete - Akrapovic Tips - F85 Grille - 35% Tint - BMW All Weather Mats -- Missing DHP, NV, Active Steering, Rear Entertainment, & Cooled Seats
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 10:30 PM   #40
JMAN1111
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 Black Fire X6M, F16 X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerTy View Post
Well Mav, I mentioned this initially under your DIY Wishbone thread but this is probably the right thread here..

Had my Thrust Arms aka Upper Control Arms replaced recently because a bushing was worn and cracked, however, there was no audible noise at the time. After the replacements, I now have a creaking sound at low speeds on front driver's side that seems to go away (at least mostly) after I drive for a few minutes. It's definitely the worst when I first start driving after the car has been sitting for at least a couple hours. My indy couldn't figure it out, 3rd party shop that specializes in front ends, and the dealer couldn't figure it out. I think I'm SOL at this point.

Not related to the creaking - Indy is also replacing my front right axle since they screwed up and damaged the axle boot when replacing the control arms. Labor to replace the boot isn't worth it so new axle it is.
Quote:

I'm experiencing the same thing. I'm going to take it soon to my Indy soon. Dealer is useless.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 01:33 PM   #41
sbanbahji
Registered
Rep
Drives: x5 x35i

Having the exact same problem - any solution yet as to the source of the creak ?

Quote:

Having the exact same problem - any solution yet as to the source of the creak ?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 03:15 PM   #42
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbanbahji View Post
Quote:

Idk why y'all post the same question with the puzzled looks over and over. These two threads are all about how the Rear Lower Control Arm is garbage and is almost always the culprit of the noise. Just read how many didn't think it was and turns out it indeed was once replaced.

As per the previous post about it being covered under warranty I seriously doubt it. Has anyone actually had these replaced under warranty? More than one random guy who buys his SA beers on the weekend...lol
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 09:13 PM   #43
scotty339
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 x35i M-Sport

Quote:
Idk why y'all post the same question with the puzzled looks over and over. These two threads are all about how the Rear Lower Control Arm is garbage and is almost always the culprit of the noise. Just read how many didn't think it was and turns out it indeed was once replaced.

As per the previous post about it being covered under warranty I seriously doubt it. Has anyone actually had these replaced under warranty? More than one random guy who buys his SA beers on the weekend...lol

They covered my rear lower and BJ under warranty. Had the squeek. First time at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 07:42 PM   #44
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty339 View Post
Quote:

They covered my rear lower and BJ under warranty. Had the squeek. First time at the dealer.
Congrats. What was your year and mileage?
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0