BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-14-2018, 04:23 PM   #23
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

yes, vgate icar 3 is what i'm using. no connection issues so far. silly question, but where are you searching for wifi? on your phone or on the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANMACHINE View Post
Is anyone using this VGATE device?
This is the second one I've gotten because i thought the first one was dead on arrival.

When i plug it into the obd2 port, all the lights blink but then only the "battery" light stays red.
Then when i search for either the WiFi network OR Bluetooth devices, nothing appears...

Am i completely missing something or is the device trash?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 06:48 PM   #24
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
yes, vgate icar 3 is what i'm using. no connection issues so far. silly question, but where are you searching for wifi? on your phone or on the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANMACHINE View Post
Is anyone using this VGATE device?
This is the second one I've gotten because i thought the first one was dead on arrival.

When i plug it into the obd2 port, all the lights blink but then only the "battery" light stays red.
Then when i search for either the WiFi network OR Bluetooth devices, nothing appears...

Am i completely missing something or is the device trash?
Lol on my phone obviously. I'm just not understanding 1. Why there's a power button in the device that does nothing and 2. Why I'm not getting any other lights on the device when it's plugged into OBD2 other than the "battery light"
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 02:12 PM   #25
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Libertine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
I use the WiFi model and works just fine. I just have to bust out my iPad to access this app to refer to guides etc lol. Annoying.
Could you elaborate? Candidly, I had planned on using my iPad to do all the coding vs. multiple devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djg21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Libertine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
I use the WiFi model and works just fine. I just have to bust out my iPad to access this app to refer to guides etc lol. Annoying.
Could you elaborate? Candidly, I had planned on using my iPad to do all the coding vs. multiple devices.
Print out the coding cheat sheet and any coding instructions you are using in advance and you won't need multiple devices.
Lol ya of course you can go ahead and print a bunch of stuff out. I just prefer to access the threads and cheat sheets digitally and I have "Mobil" devices for a reason. An iPhone to code and an iPad to read. Easy enough for me.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0