03-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #1
x5x2
Private
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

Garage List
X-line tomorrow!!

3.0d, mocha nappa, hud, comfort seats, comfort access, comfort suspension, HK, LED, 7 seats, shadowline exterior, storage pack and net.
BMW front mats and Weathertech rears

more pics tomorrow
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5x2 View Post
3.0d, mocha nappa, hud, comfort seats, comfort access, comfort suspension, HK, LED, 7 seats, shadowline exterior, storage pack and net.

more pics tomorrow
Congratulations Duncan.

Can't wait to see more tomorrow!

Mike.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 04:38 PM   #3
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5x2

more pics tomorrow
I wish Shadowline exterior was a US option.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 09:50 PM   #4
golovan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35D

Quote:
Nice car! Congrats!

Which BMW mats do you have?
These: BMW All Weather Rubber Floor Mats / Front 51472347728
Or these: BMW All Weather Floor Liners / Black Front 82112285514

Would be nice to see photos of front mats too.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 10:24 PM   #5
x5x2
Private
England
Rep

Garage List
Mats

Didn't know there were 2 types of front mats, got these in anthracite, - to match headlining, which I optioned with the X-line interior. £63 from BMW Direct shop
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 10:31 PM   #6
DrDoreen
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X6 M50i

Garage List
2020 BMW X6 M50i  [0.00]
2014 BMW X5  [9.34]
I got both Front and Rear BMW All Weather Rubber Floor Mats from a BMW dealer but on ebay for $129 (bmwofnewton).

03-08-2014, 10:48 PM   #7
x5x2
Private
England
Rep

Garage List
Had the X5 for 36 hours now.

First impressions are that this is so so much better than my E70. Firstly I think it looks much more modern but still has a powerful stance.

This is the 3.0d and even gentle acceleration (like to run in slowly) provides a roar over the normal near silent engine and the car accelerates very fast, dont think I would have needed the 4.0d for my daily drive which is mainly narrow country lanes. This car is seriously fast and very quiet. I wait with anticipation for it to be run in and give the engine a proper test.

I went for the comfort suspension and yes the car is much improved and you can tell a slight difference between comfort and sport (which I presume gains from dynamic damper control) The main difference with sport is the steering which is much more responsive and makes me wish you could keep this with the comfort setting. I will use the different settings though as I feel it does make the car have 2 distinct characters, for different roads and whether you have the family in or not.

Haven't opened up the third row yet.

Interior and exterior quality is better than the E70, The comfort seats are great and the sports steering wheel feels quality. Often new versions seem to be not as well made. The car is so much quieter and has no rattles (yet)

The HK is very good, and the idrive immense, the range of entertainment options will take me ages to learn, loading 2gb of songs took a couple of minutes. The idrive is instantaneous.

The rear camera is very clear and you can actually use it at night now.

LED headlights fantastic and have led to night drives just to experience them
The don't dazzle much - its a bit like when xenons first came out a few people flash you then immediately realise that you haven't got your headlights on beam its just your headlights are so much better. Main beam gives you a big square of perfect light and the auto dipping and beam moulding feature works very well and is a technology marvel. It could respond a little quicker though - not dipping but resuming to beam. It occasionally thinks certain road signs are an oncoming headlight but this doesnt happen often.

HUD is much improved and the ability to view music lists and phone calls is very useful. Comfort access works well. Love the new dashboard, and yet again this has a lot of different features to learn.

Negatives - as previously mentioned you have to be careful pulling into a garage or parking place with auto engine start stop, it can catch you unawares if you dont realise the engine may restart when you take your foot off the brake, remember to put in park and or put handbrake off and press stop button.

I do feel that the x-line / experience external pack is poor value for money. In the UK you pay extra for side steps - which basically means the x-line side features are not required and are a saving for BMW, likewise if you purchased a 4.0d you get the front grill and window surrounds included. The wheels are great though and go really well with the grey car. Overall in the UK the dynamic pack with a few tweaks is the way to go as you save loads on comfort seats, side steps, steering wheel and paddle shifters, and can pay £275 extra to get the experience/ x-line wheels if you want. The x-line experience interior package is great though and the leather dashboard and nappa leather has a real quality feel.

The rear LED turn signal indicators are seriously bright at night - they blind you!

No regrets
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 11:21 PM   #8
lovec1990
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X

congratulations how did you learned about brightness of LED turnlights did somebody behind you told you?

Last edited by lovec1990; 03-08-2014 at 11:54 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2014, 01:48 AM   #9
x5x2
Private
England
Rep

Garage List
no just put on hazard warning lights and walking round car in dark - they hurt your eyes !
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 03:35 AM   #10
lovec1990
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X

thank you for your answer,all LED taillights are very bright compared too normal taillights
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 08:49 AM   #11
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

BMW Genuine All-Weather Rubber Front Car Floor Mats Anthracite

Quote:
Didn't know there were 2 types of front mats, got these in anthracite, - to match headlining, which I optioned with the X-line interior. £63 from BMW Direct shop
Hi Duncan.

I saw the front set on ebay but can't see the back for the F15.
Did you order just the fronts or does the advertised set for the E70 or E71 (for the X6) fit the new F15 do you know

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 12:30 AM   #12
x5x2
Private
England
Rep

Garage List
I got the weathertech rears, ordered from Weathertech Europe, came 2 days later from Italy £98 including shipping.

Benefit is they cover midline. Couldnt get any weathertech front mats as I am not sure they do RHD cars, obviously rears dont matter. Good quality. Tip - they come folded in box so if you have a few days before fitting lie them down somewhere with some books on
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 12:48 AM   #13
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

Quote:
I got the weathertech rears, ordered from Weathertech Europe, came 2 days later from Italy £98 including shipping.

Benefit is they cover midline. Couldnt get any weathertech front mats as I am not sure they do RHD cars, obviously rears dont matter. Good quality. Tip - they come folded in box so if you have a few days before fitting lie them down somewhere with some books on
Top Tip!

Many thanks.
Appreciate 0