BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

UK Specification Changes BMW X5 M Sport.

This is a the discussion I had with BMW UK:

Me: "Why can't a find the new X5 specification including the spec / package changes for April 2014 build cars (week 14 onwards)? Why does the UK website still have the out of date standard specifications / prices?"

BMW: "Full details relating to the changes applicable from April have now been communicated to the BMW Dealer Network. Please can you advise who your preferred dealership is and we can happily arrange for them to contact you to discuss these changes."

Me: "Thanks for the update, Id have thought that any orders placed now would not be built before week 14 so why not have the updated specs in the website / configurator / brochures. Can you send me an updated price guide / spec sheet so that I can see what I'm buying?"

BMW: "You're welcome. The revised brochures and price lists will not be available until April. In the meantime, please feel free to telephone your preferred dealership if this is easier than visiting them, alternatively we can arrange for them to make contact with you directly?"

Seems a bit back-to-front to me, about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Last edited by CatFlap; 03-11-2014 at 03:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 03:09 AM   #2
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Thumbs up Reply From BMW UK

Dear Mr XXXXXX

Thank you for your online enquiry dated March 6, 2014, regarding the specification changes for the new BMW X5 M Sport.

The key changes effective from April 1, 2014 all BMW X5 models will feature Tyre Pressure Monitoring, Front Seat Heating and Driving Assistant as standard equipment. There will be a price increase across the range of £350. However, the extra standard equipment is worth £1,120 representing an overall customer saving of £770.

As optional extras the Cold Weather Package is reduced to £475 and the Active Security Package is reduced to £880. The Windscreen with grey shad band and climate comfort windscreen have been deleted due to their incompatibility with Driving Assistant. Option 5DF – Active Cruise Control with ‘stop & go’ is also deleted, however the functionality remains as an optional extra within Driving Assistant Plus which has be re-priced to £1330, which includes Traffic Jam Assist.

Once again, thank you for contacting BMW UK, please do not hesitate to contact me, if I can be of any further assistance.

Yours sincerely

BMW UK
      03-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #3
griffith_500
Enlisted Member
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: X5 50i F15, F430 Spider

Interesting... Since the Traffic Jam Assistant is not compatible with active steering this would mean that you can not have active steering and active cruise control (the latter not being available on it's own anymore but only in combination with TJA).

Cheers
andy
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #4
w4termelon
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 M sport 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffith_500 View Post
Interesting... Since the Traffic Jam Assistant is not compatible with active steering this would mean that you can not have active steering and active cruise control (the latter not being available on it's own anymore but only in combination with TJA).

Cheers
andy
I don't think so : in France, M sport (which I ordered) comes with Active steering. If you take "Advanced Safety" package (which I also ordered), then you also get ACC+ with TJA (5AT: it is included in the package). But in case you have active steering (or M sport), then TJA is simply disabled (but you still get ACC+, this is clearly mentionned in the price list, you can download it from bmw.fr). So I don't think that the fact that ACC+ is no longer available alone means you cannot get it at all with active steering because of TJA incompatibility. TJA will simply be desactivated.
Appreciate 0