BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-11-2022, 02:22 PM   #67
ArthurMorgan
Right to Repair Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: '17 X5 M

Jalopnik is full of writers who live in NYC and over half of them ride the subway or bicycles to work. They're pretty much the last place I would ever take automotive buying advice from. I also believe they just wrecked their fourth press car. Because - again - no one there knows how to drive because no one there is actually a car enthusiast.

Everyone good they once had moved on to other things (The Autopian, etc).

savagegeese did a pretty good review at the beginning of the year:

Appreciate 1
      11-11-2022, 06:24 PM   #68
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018-X5M-BLK Sapphire Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurMorgan View Post
Jalopnik is full of writers who live in NYC and over half of them ride the subway or bicycles to work. They're pretty much the last place I would ever take automotive buying advice from. I also believe they just wrecked their fourth press car. Because - again - no one there knows how to drive because no one there is actually a car enthusiast.

Cool! Thanks for the info. I'll check out the vid when I get home.

I believe the review he did on the X3MC was a bit biased and lacked the experience with M cars needed to make a good informed comparison. I've owned 6 BMW's in total. My last one before my 2018 X5M was a 2015 X5 50i Msport and although it was nice the suspension was soft and the car was all over the place. I ended up swapping the springs out to H&R springs and that helped to some extent.

Once I drove the M I was hooked. I guess I'll have to drive the X3MC and see for myself.
      11-16-2022, 05:23 PM   #69
MiamiFan13
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i4-e40 335i 03 Cobra,Jeep SRT8

Quote:

^^^^^ This x10,000....you are so right. It goes for a few others as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 06:03 PM   #70
notnow
Bit by Modbug
Rep
Drives: F86

Just traded in my 2013 Cayenne GTS (N/A V8) for an X6M and I am finally excited to drive again. I went from E92 M3 - > F16 X6 50i -> F82 M4 -> '13 Cayenne GTS + lots of cash + '13 Abarth 500 -> F86 X6M.

The X6M sat on the lot for 4+ months and just dropped about 33% in price since the initial listing. I gave it a quick test drive and I was sold, it brought back the fun-ness I had from the M4 that was completely missing from the Cayenne.

The Cayenne was a really good car but it was too comfortable, quiet and predictable. Too bad the interior was ancient and the rear end of the car aged horribly.

I previously had a F16 50i but it felt boring, similar to the Cayenne.

The F86 is basically all the cars I've just mentioned merged into one. A fun, convenient and good looking car. The interior does not feel dated and the exterior remains to be very modern looking (minus the ugly fog lights). Engine-wise it's basically the same as the current gen X5M/X6M so nothing to gain there either. I do wish the car was a few hundred pounds lighter though.
      11-26-2022, 10:08 PM   #71
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

I'll probably keep our F85 until it dies or becomes too costly to keep. We ordered it and have had it since new and the pandemic with work from home becoming a thing the miles really not accumulated at all. Only had a bad wheel bearing, transfer case, and rear airbags mechanically go bad. Did get the dashboard replaced because leather lifting near the base of the cluster bump. All under warranty. I've kept it mechanically stock and the only cosmetic mods have been OEM M performance buts save for the IND reflectors and wheel spacers. I figure if it's a a car I'm going to keep for a long time I'll leave it alone mechanically. I had considered an exhaust but the character of the S63 just sounds bad and there's not much that can be done about it.

With the new BMW's being progressively uglier in my opinion I don't see myself getting another one.

The only new SUV I'd have right now would be DBX707.
Appreciate 1
Mgarage66.50
      11-27-2022, 03:44 AM   #72
Az9393
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M F86, BMW 650i E63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgarage View Post
Hello guys!

Hey just wondering how long you are planning to keep this beautiful models Before to sell it or trade it in.

And why???

Honestly I could keep mine forever. It's 70k in, never had any real issues with it. I've done so much to it: driven fast as hell, used it daily, driven cross country, in snow, in hail, with 300+kg of weight in the trunk, many times over. It's just relentless. It always works the way it's supposed to. I got lucky and bought it with a 45% discount brand new because the new model was coming out in a few months which is another reason I'd want to keep it.

I've taken good care of it too (mainly washing it myself etc) so it looks almost brand new.

Really impressed with it, honestly if you want a sports car that can also be an SUV for bad roads or occasional snow and dirt: the x5/6m is perfect.
Appreciate 1
Mgarage66.50
      11-27-2022, 07:03 AM   #73
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:

These guys also say the same thing. Great for going fast, very rough ride. They also spend a lot of time in the end complimenting iDrive - rightfully so.

If that is OK, go for it!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 09:01 AM   #74
640ijims
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5M , 14%E2%80%99640i ver

Garage List
2018 X5///M  [7.50]
2018 BMW  [0.00]
Tagged onto this thread…have a Platinum CPO Wrap & Extended maintainance on my 2018 X5///M with about 65,000 miles & discovered about 4000 miles ago that strict “rules” if you pay for maintainence are different if BMW is paying. Rotors call for replacement ( customer pay) at xx.X mm as measured. BMW maintaince rule is if pads are ok ,you can run them way past that. Kinda makes me wonder.
Appreciate 1
Mgarage66.50