BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-23-2023, 05:47 AM   #1
stevelibby
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Lower charge pipe to FMIC

I am installing a Wagner FMIC , and having issues connecting the lower chargepipe to the intercooler-

When I finally got the intercooler in place, and about to connect the lower charge pipe (driver side), I noticed that there was a C-clip on the end of the lower charge pipe.

Is this clip supposed to be removed in order to get a good connection to the Wagner? (This C-clip not to be confused with the 2 that connected the OEM IC to the pipes) - it’s on the lower charge pipe itself, right next to the rubber O-ring on the tip)

It’s obviously there for a reason, and I assume creates a better connection when the other C clip goes on around the aluminum inlet on the new intercooler)- but I am struggling getting it in far enough.

I’ve disconnected the lower charge pipe from the rubber boot at the top to get more movement, but still wrestling with it longer than I would have liked. Anyone else run into this?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2023, 02:24 PM   #2
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 XDrive35i

Garage List
A few of us have had issues with that exact connection. If you undo the charge pipe to throttle body connection to give yourself some slack that might help. Use the C clip, it’s doable.

Just a royal PITA.
2017 X5 XDrive35i X-Line | Sophisto Grey | MHD Full Flexfuel Tuned | Mosselman Turbo| Sutphin Tuning TCU | Nostrum Stage 2 HPFP | ER Charge Pipe | BimmerHausPerformance Intake and Inlet | ApexBuilt Catted DP | VRSF FMIC | Zeitronix Flexfuel Kit | KateCool Oil Cooler | Variant Wheels | Conti DWS06+ |
Appreciate 1