BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-02-2023, 10:02 PM   #89
spit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
NBT ID4 doesn't support touch screen. You need EVO HU to make APIX2 touchscreen working.
thank you
I had stupid hopes
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 10:22 PM   #90
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit View Post
thank you
I had stupid hopes
Asking is free
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 07:30 AM   #91
T_N_C
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E63 M6

Maybe someone can help me.

I did the EVO retrofit and got the HU with the blue GPS port so didn’t need any emulators.

No matter what the installer tried (remote coding) we can’t get GPS antenna to catch a signal.

When entering the service menu it shows as “Check GPS antenna” or something like that.

I have checked the physical connections and even tried aftermarket GPS antenna and still nothing.

Everything else works and since I have CarPlay now the factory GPS is obsolete but I lose the speed limit information and my compass functionality as well so for those reasons would like to have it functional.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2023, 11:59 AM   #92
Thavillain
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Hello all, Anyone in Montreal, Canada able to help with this retrofit? I got everything ready but I don’t know how to route the cables from NBT EVO to ATM and I’m kind of disappointed I won’t be able to use bimmercode if I change the NBT EVO VIN to match the ATM VIN. Any way I could buy an ATM from the dealer instead so I don’t have to change NBT EVO’s VIN? The NBT EVO & ATM I got are used ones and come from different cars. Any insight would be appreciated, Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 02:14 PM   #93
Xolinlevh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thavillain View Post
Hello all, Anyone in Montreal, Canada able to help with this retrofit? I got everything ready but I don’t know how to route the cables from NBT EVO to ATM and I’m kind of disappointed I won’t be able to use bimmercode if I change the NBT EVO VIN to match the ATM VIN. Any way I could buy an ATM from the dealer instead so I don’t have to change NBT EVO’s VIN? The NBT EVO & ATM I got are used ones and come from different cars. Any insight would be appreciated, Thanks!
Everything I’ve heard is that getting a coded ATM from the dealer is darn near impossible
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2023, 01:04 PM   #94
Thavillain
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

I think the best course of action is to take the eSIM from the TCB and solder it into the ATM. I don’t have experience in none of this and I thought I had a coder that was able to help with the retrofit but he’s no longer answering and I’m no longer sure if he has the knowledge to do it either. Does anyone know if there are people good with these types of retrofits in the Eastern Canada region? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 02:16 PM   #95
Xolinlevh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thavillain View Post
I think the best course of action is to take the eSIM from the TCB and solder it into the ATM. I don’t have experience in none of this and I thought I had a coder that was able to help with the retrofit but he’s no longer answering and I’m no longer sure if he has the knowledge to do it either. Does anyone know if there are people good with these types of retrofits in the Eastern Canada region? Thanks!
if you need a coder, steve at codemybimmer did mine. Super helpful! http://www.codemybimmer.ca/
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2023, 06:29 AM   #96
Variante Alta
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5d M Sport Metallic Whit

Quote:
Originally Posted by heifetz17 View Post
What I’m wondering is if I can just keep my existing NBT and use a 4G TCB instead of doing the entire EVO+ATM retrofit.
Ditto on this question - anyone have experience with this? I am in Canada and our 3G still works for RTTI but will no doubt sunset in the next couple years (end of 2025 I believe). I purchased a cheap eBay 4G TCB but have yet to do anything with it. Any experience with this process would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0