BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-16-2020, 11:31 PM   #23
jerrychen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 f80 x6 f16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK170 View Post
Well after a long month of waiting for Wagner Tuning to fix an issue on one of their early orders for the Comp Intercooler built for the X5/X6 F15/F16, my order has finally arrived!

Installing it tomorrow morning along with a FTP Motorsport Boost Pipe and an ER Charge Pipe and LIC Pipe.

Since the LIC is really for an F10, going to try making a few mods to it to see if I can get it to work with this setup on my F15.

Updates will be posted later this weekend.
hey, have your installed everything on your car? how about the lower charge pipe
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 02:07 AM   #24
JaviDrama
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5 35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrychen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK170 View Post
Well after a long month of waiting for Wagner Tuning to fix an issue on one of their early orders for the Comp Intercooler built for the X5/X6 F15/F16, my order has finally arrived!

Installing it tomorrow morning along with a FTP Motorsport Boost Pipe and an ER Charge Pipe and LIC Pipe.

Since the LIC is really for an F10, going to try making a few mods to it to see if I can get it to work with this setup on my F15.

Updates will be posted later this weekend.
hey, have your installed everything on your car? how about the lower charge pipe
I just installed the Wagner tuning IC. Was a little harder than I thought because I didn't remove the front bumper. Also put the vrsf charge pipe, but it's just the upper pipe. Need something better for The lower charge pipe. Looks good haven't had a chance to take for a test since I'm waiting on a new c-clip(broke one) and going to install vrsf catlesss downpipe to.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 08:43 PM   #25
Xstar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35iX (gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaviDrama View Post
I just installed the Wagner tuning IC. Was a little harder than I thought because I didn't remove the front bumper. Also put the vrsf charge pipe, but it's just the upper pipe. Need something better for The lower charge pipe. Looks good haven't had a chance to take for a test since I'm waiting on a new c-clip(broke one) and going to install vrsf catlesss downpipe to.
What's your take on the performance and sound of your AFE Air Intake System?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 10:37 AM   #26
JaviDrama
Private
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xstar View Post
Quote:
Can definitely hear the difference. Love that it's an enclosed air box compared to the Bms open air filter. A couple things. Some holes didn't line up with the afe airbox as far as holding the air exit to the box and just drilled it a little bigger. The the entrance to the box piece only has two notches on top for the clamp instead of two on top and toe on the bottom. I don't have dyno numbers as there's isn't an affordable dyno near me.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 02:05 PM   #27
blackoutF15
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x35i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Can definitely hear the difference. Love that it's an enclosed air box compared to the Bms open air filter. A couple things. Some holes didn't line up with the afe airbox as far as holding the air exit to the box and just drilled it a little bigger. The the entrance to the box piece only has two notches on top for the clamp instead of two on top and toe on the bottom. I don't have dyno numbers as there's isn't an affordable dyno near me.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Any update on this IC? How do you like it? Any noticeable performance gain? And are you running an aftermarket remap to benefit from it? Thank you
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 06:39 AM   #28
JaviDrama
Private
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoutF15 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Any update on this IC? How do you like it? Any noticeable performance gain? And are you running an aftermarket remap to benefit from it? Thank you
So it was a tight fit. Got some hurt knuckles. I was able to get it in without removing front bumper. Had to slight move the fan and radiator to install and once in position I put everything back where it was. I would recommend getting extra clamps. I hooked up BM3 to flash so I could take advantage. My IAT was noticeably lower specially when pushing it WOT constantly.
Running stage 2 93 OCT from bootmod3. I dyno'd at 372 whp and 438 ft lbs of torq.

Definitely night and day from stock.

I also upgraded to the FTP boost pipe as to prevent a tear in the rubber oem boost pipe.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 10:58 AM   #29
blackoutF15
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x35i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoutF15 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So it was a tight fit. Got some hurt knuckles. I was able to get it in without removing front bumper. Had to slight move the fan and radiator to install and once in position I put everything back where it was. I would recommend getting extra clamps. I hooked up BM3 to flash so I could take advantage. My IAT was noticeably lower specially when pushing it WOT constantly.
Running stage 2 93 OCT from bootmod3. I dyno'd at 372 whp and 438 ft lbs of torq.

I also upgraded to the FTP boost pipe as to prevent a tear in the rubber oem boost pipe.
Nice! Thanks for the reply
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 12:42 PM   #30
M302_imola
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 X5 35i Xdrive Mineral Whit

Quote:

How extreme was the differences in IAT from stock intercooler to aftermarket?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 09:13 AM   #31
JaviDrama
Private
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M302_imola View Post
Quote:

How extreme was the differences in IAT from stock intercooler to aftermarket?
About 20 degrees cooler at normal operating range. The difference really was when I'm pushing throttle constantly. Stock would raise drastically meanwhile Wagner fmic stayed in the same range maybe moving up 5 degrees and coming back down quickly. Let me see if I can find a log.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 02:14 PM   #32
M302_imola
Major
Rep

Quote:
About 20 degrees cooler at normal operating range. The difference really was when I'm pushing throttle constantly. Stock would raise drastically meanwhile Wagner fmic stayed in the same range maybe moving up 5 degrees and coming back down quickly. Let me see if I can find a log.
Nice! I did some logging today with my stage 2 BM3 tune (catless dp, OEM FMIC, Afe drop in panel air filter) and was pleased to see normal IAT was around 76 def F while it peaked at 100 def F. It wasn't a particular hot day out though. Low 60s. That was some interstate driving while having a little fun, which is what my normal driving style is. I'm not beating on the car back to back runs so I have to wonder if an upgraded FMIC would be overkill Guess we'll see what my IAT's are when it gets in the mid 90s outside.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 11:32 PM   #33
WOT808
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 and F15

Any new FMIC options out there ? Been eyeing the VRSF Race FMIC.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 01:28 PM   #34
M302_imola
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOT808 View Post
Any new FMIC options out there ? Been eyeing the VRSF Race FMIC.
Get it and let me know I can't seem to pull the trigger. Very little to no feedback on the VRSF one. I know one thing. Their customer service sucks!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 08:39 AM   #35
WOT808
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 and F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by M302_imola View Post
Get it and let me know I can't seem to pull the trigger. Very little to no feedback on the VRSF one. I know one thing. Their customer service sucks!
I emailed them a week ago asking if their FMIC uses the stock clip style connections, still waiting for a response. I'd much rather use coupler/clamp connections.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 10:19 AM   #36
M302_imola
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOT808 View Post
I emailed them a week ago asking if their FMIC uses the stock clip style connections, still waiting for a response. I'd much rather use coupler/clamp connections.
That's what I'm talking about. The smallest questions take them forever to reply and you won't find a land line phone number for them. Trust me I've looked!!!
Appreciate 0