MOTO
Turbo fever
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Performance increase in terms of raw power would be minimal for both items without tuning to take full advantage of them (CAI specifically). For all intents and purposes both would essentially be an aesthetic / sound modification.

An axleback exhaust in general offers little additional power. Where it does is typically at the very top end of the power band. However, that handful of HP on a car that is already 500+HP means you would never notice the minor difference. The intake has a bit more performance benefit by way of improved throttle response and efficiency but like the exhaust you would be hard pressed to tell a true power difference.
As I figured, thanks.
      05-04-2021, 09:24 AM   #178
castlesteve
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Coupe, 2017 X5M

Dinan has been backordered with the same (flooding warehouse and broken pipe bender) excuse now going on 5 months. F that, I'm pulling my order and going with someone else. Dinan is seriously dropping the ball on all their products.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 05:50 PM   #179
charcoalwan
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by castlesteve View Post
Dinan has been backordered with the same (flooding warehouse and broken pipe bender) excuse now going on 5 months. F that, I'm pulling my order and going with someone else. Dinan is seriously dropping the ball on all their products.
i am about to do the same too, waiting for FI price quote
13 RDX
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 10:00 PM   #180
MOTO
Turbo fever
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i

Garage List
I have a system on order through Performance Technic in Fremont. They tell me be prepared to wait.

The Dinan website still shows estimated shipping date of 6/28. Crazy wait.
      05-08-2021, 01:44 AM   #181
charcoalwan
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoJB View Post
I have a system on order through Performance Technic in Fremont. They tell me to be prepared to wait.

The Dinan website still shows an estimated shipping date of 6/28. Crazy wait.
When I placed my order with AutoTalent it was est ship out date for 28 April, I backed out the order as soon as I saw someone said has been 5 months since they cant provide
now with Goland and Jacelle's help, I am able to cancel the order, switched to FI production is 18 days and 3 days shipping.

now I am still waiting for the intake it shows 21 may but if they delay again, I will back out along with the spring and comfort set, when I was young I always trusted Dinan seems too disappointed to even look at what they have to offer anymore
13 RDX
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 11:42 AM   #182
Chappy US
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by charcoalwan View Post
Quote:
I have a system on order through Performance Technic in Fremont. They tell me to be prepared to wait.

The Dinan website still shows an estimated shipping date of 6/28. Crazy wait.
When I placed my order with AutoTalent it was est ship out date for 28 April, I backed out the order as soon as I saw someone said has been 5 months since they cant provide
now with Goland and Jacelle's help, I am able to cancel the order, switched to FI production is 18 days and 3 days shipping.

now I am still waiting for the intake it shows 21 may but if they delay again, I will back out along with the spring and comfort set, when I was young I always trusted Dinan seems too disappointed to even look at what they have to offer anymore
Did you go direct with FI?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 12:27 PM   #183
m3fuz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 X5M, 19 X3 30i, 03 C4S

Quote:
I have a system on order through Performance Technic in Fremont. They tell me be prepared to wait.

Quote:

It’s happening across all industries. I ordered a set of wheels this week and they’re estimating a late-June/early-July delivery. Auto plants are being shut down or put on skeleton crews because of the backlog of seemingly everything.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 05:28 PM   #184
JVX6M
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3fuz View Post
Quote:

Quote:

It's happening across all industries. I ordered a set of wheels this week and they're estimating a late-June/early-July delivery. Auto plants are being shut down or put on skeleton crews because of the backlog of seemingly everything.

Ooooh off topic but what did you order for wheels?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 07:37 PM   #185
m3fuz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 X5M, 19 X3 30i, 03 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVX6M View Post
BC Forged RZ05s in 21” and finished in gloss gunmetal. 10s up front and 11.5s in the rear. I like the factory setup and don’t have any plans to lower the car or otherwise alter the suspension. Every white Jeep and Volvo XC here has black factory wheels (I have Mineral White) and while I like the look personally, I wanted something slightly different but still darker. It’s these wheels, but in a different size.

https://www.bcforged-na.com/project/...supra-19-rz05/

I’m keeping my gloss black 612Ms for winter wheels going forward.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 07:48 PM   #186
JVX6M
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Comp

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVX6M View Post
BC Forged RZ05s in 21" and finished in gloss gunmetal. 10s up front and 11.5s in the rear. I like the factory setup and don't have any plans to lower the car or otherwise alter the suspension. Every white Jeep and Volvo XC here has black factory wheels (I have Mineral White) and while I like the look personally, I wanted something slightly different but still darker. It's these wheels, but in a different size.

https://www.bcforged-na.com/project/...supra-19-rz05/

I'm keeping my gloss black 612Ms for winter wheels going forward.
Awesome!!! Can't wait to see make sure you post pics when you get them. They and the contrast will look great with your mineral white.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 08:45 PM   #187
charcoalwan
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy US View Post
Did you go direct with FI?
i got a quote from both, ended up buying through Auto Talent

couple reasons
1. they already had the money when I ordered the Dinan then it works towards as credit to the FI.
2. Shipping rate cheaper through Auto Talent
3.Since FI is all the way from Taiwan and they don't want to compete with North American dealer, and the guy gave me a full explanation about they advertising, they have a better rate with DHL and vouched for the seller.
13 RDX
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 09:15 PM   #188
charcoalwan
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
It’s happening across all industries. I ordered a set of wheels this week and they’re estimating a late-June/early-July delivery. Auto plants are being shut down or put on skeleton crews because of the backlog of seemingly everything.
It sounds right for approx 2 months for a custom order, skeleton, and all as least they are working and in progress

I am a supplier in the field of food packing and deal with china/Taiwan and the states, everything got slower and more expensive imagine I used to pay us 2800 a container to ship across the ocean, and right now the rate is at 12-13000. We always get ETA and delays but every step is always on track,

but backed order for 5 months? I doubt they put any effort in
13 RDX
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 05:11 PM   #189
MBoss_F86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X6M

I installed Dinan free flow axle back on my 2016 X6M.I used hangers from my stock muffler like Dinan said in instructions. I have 2 issues. Anyone have a fix for this? Do I need a new/ different hangers for dinan axle back?

1. Tips are hanging lower than the oems, almost 3" below diffuser
2. Tips are poking out too much.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 06:29 PM   #190
blackoutF15
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBoss_F86 View Post
I installed Dinan free flow axle back on my 2016 X6M.I used hangers from my stock muffler like Dinan said in instructions. I have 2 issues. Anyone have a fix for this? Do I need a new/ different hangers for dinan axle back?

I don't have this but I would cut the tips shorter, probably have a shop do it without removing the exhaust, then get some slip on tips to beef them up.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 06:42 PM   #191
MBoss_F86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoutF15 View Post
I don't have this but I would cut the tips shorter, probably have a shop do it without removing the exhaust, then get some slip on tips to beef them up.
Oh yeah definitely doing that. I transfer M perf tips on my stock muffler over to Dinan. I have to find a way to bring the whole set up higher and closer to the diffuser
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 07:20 PM   #192
Gossypiboma
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 6MT 18' M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBoss_F86 View Post

That has to be installed wrong. My guess is the factory exhaust is cut in the wrong location. No other reason the tips should stick out that far.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 07:36 PM   #193
MBoss_F86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossypiboma View Post
That has to be installed wrong. My guess is the factory exhaust is cut in the wrong location. No other reason the tips should stick out that far.
I cut the factory exhaust exactly where dinan instructed, near the welds. Hangers and pipes from both ends lined up correctly.

Once you hang the muffler you really can't move the muffler front to back. There is some play side ways. I might have to get shorter hangers to move setup a little higher

Last edited by MBoss_F86; 10-25-2021 at 07:52 PM..
Appreciate 0