BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-09-2021, 09:18 AM   #1
Mikegfx4
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i Coupe

Climate Control Code Issue

Hello, I recently picked up a 2104 50i and have been enjoying it since. I started doing some coding the other day and one thing I wanted to change was that the AC comes on every time you start the car. I changed this to not active which fixed what I wanted, after clicking code in Bimmercode I got a message saying something like I need to start the car and let it run under 1500rpm for a while to reset the climate control, some sort of calibration. I did this and sat there for ~5min waiting for something to happen but no lights ever flashed like the Bimmercode app said would. It seems like the climate controls work alright now but when looking in Bimmerlink I have a code for the climate control. The code is 8011A9 "Motor back pressure: blocking". I did some looking online and here on the forums and there is basically no info on this, all I could find is that it might be related to a vent/mixer motor needing calibration but there is no mention of how to do this calibration.

Here is a picture of the error in Bimmerlink: https://photos.app.goo.gl/sYBmM28J1vsunb617 (not sure how to post the picture so this is a link to it...)

Anybody have any clue how to kick off the calibration or resolve this code? I tried contacting Bimmercode and they were less than helpful in this matter.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 10:39 AM   #2
CatalinP
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 2014 3.0xd

Revert to original coding via the bimmercode backup and see if the error is still there.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 03:20 PM   #3
Mikegfx4
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i Coupe

Issue seemed to have fixed it self now. Maybe it just took a few drive cycles to fix it.
Appreciate 0