BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-20-2014, 07:35 AM   #1
Artdnj
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 X30i

help me decide

black sapphire x35i but can't decide on black, terra, or mocha Dakota... most likely hex trim.

Can't see interior in person so have to go in blind. Any suggestions backed up with pics if available would be great.

I actually want ivory and black but with two kids it's not wise.

Last edited by Artdnj; 05-20-2014 at 09:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 07:42 AM   #2
F15X5
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artdnj View Post
black sapphire x35i but can't decide on black, terra, or mocha Dakota... most likely hex trim.

can't see interior in person so have to go in blind. any suggestions backed up with pics if available would be great.

I actually want ivory and black but with Two kids it's not wise.
Hey Art, I was in the same dilemma you are in. I couldn't decide on those 3 interior colors. I ended up going with Black. The Terra in my opinion was a little too brownish for my liking in looking at several pics online. Mocha i couldn't figure out 100% if I liked in pics and as you know we can't find any X5's on the lots around here to see it in person. I figured with a baby on the way that black would be best.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 07:58 AM   #3
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

We went terra much for the same reasons you're contemplating. I wanted ivory/black but worried about the ivory with kids. Terra is darker/safer, but still lightens up the interior. Also goes great with the hex, btw. Pretty much all colors do, maybe aside from beige.

If you search for my "mineral white / terra" delivery thread you can see some interior pics. We ended up switching the paint from BSM to MW after seeing mineral white demo. I think it would look even better in a black car since everything then is black but the leather.

Not sure how far down in NJ you are, but BMW Mt. Kisco still had that demo a couple weeks ago. Might be worth a drive if you can't find a terra interior to see in person somewhere closer.

edit: here's my delivery thread with terra pics
http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...terra+delivery

Last edited by chrisny; 05-20-2014 at 08:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 09:58 AM   #4
Artdnj
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 X30i

Thanks guys, I think it will be a game time decision. We have a long history with black and love it but somehow thinking change is warranted.

terra and Hex looks great and I think I favor that over mocha but they all seem really nice...oh well
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 12:05 PM   #5
Karthik
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 x35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artdnj View Post

Can't see interior in person so have to go in blind. Any suggestions backed up with pics if available would be great.

I actually want ivory and black but with two kids it's not wise.
I was in the same dilemma about the interior. I decided what exterior, what options I need but interior is bit tricky.

I was thinking about white nappa at first, but dropped as it is hard to maintain it. Second option was for white and black nappa, but after seeing it in person, I dropped from it too.

I kept 100 miles radius from my place and I search online once in every 2 days to see if they got any new ones for display. Luckily I found what I what....

I am planning for either black or mocha now. As I am planning for MY2015 now, they are introducing new interior colours. Confused again
Appreciate 0