10-29-2020, 07:53 PM   #89
Juice1973
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post
I think I got it.

I went behind the amp (literally the opposite side to the fins), and felt for the plug which was on the front of car end of what felt like another heat-sink on the back.

I couldn't see the plug, but it felt like what you show in image 2. I'm sure I disabled the right cable - it's on the back (outside wall) of the rear 1/4.

After going for a drive however, the sound I have been describing is still there. It did seem like the cabin was quieter, which I assume is ASD being disabled.

However the artificial electronic sound is still there. It's very obvious when coming off the throttle and the engine is revving down.

Really lost at this point.

I have the same problem. A strange electrical warbling sound on deceleration in low gears. I pulled the asd fuse and while it helped with the cabin noise I can still hear the warbling sound. More so when the AC is on. I’ve heard something about a bad stereo ground being the culprit. I’m going to look into it. Please sound off if you have found a solution. It’s driving me nuts! 100k car and all I can hear is this damn sound everywhere I go. Makes it hard to enjoy my first M car.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 02:31 AM   #90
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018-X5M-BLK Sapphire Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice1973 View Post
I have the same problem. A strange electrical warbling sound on deceleration in low gears. I pulled the asd fuse and while it helped with the cabin noise I can still hear the warbling sound. More so when the AC is on. I’ve heard something about a bad stereo ground being the culprit. I’m going to look into it. Please sound off if you have found a solution. It’s driving me nuts! 100k car and all I can hear is this damn sound everywhere I go. Makes it hard to enjoy my first M car.
I have this sound I hear when the car is idling. Is this the sound you are describing? Trying to figure out what may be causing it. I'm actually slowy pressing the gas and releasing so one can hear the humming sound going up and down.

Below is a link to a small video of the sound I'm experiencing.

https://zenfolio.page.link/1e6WY

Last edited by Slickrick2; 01-24-2021 at 06:00 PM..
Appreciate 0