BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

11-10-2020, 04:12 PM   #309
parthpatel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe_BM View Post
iOS will be getting the update to easily change colors in Bimmercode (like Android) within the next 2 weeks. Can't wait!
Please post as soon as anyone knows this is out!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 12:25 PM   #310
M5Fanatics
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 F16 BMW X6 35i

This thread has been really useful, I was finally able to code ambient lighting on my iDrive 6. I will be posting pictures later on today when it gets dark. My only question is, does anyone know the numbers for the 9th colour, I was only able to get the 8th colour [8 color in nbt (sring number 150-158)].
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 11:52 AM   #311
F15N55
Rep
Drives: F15

Quote:
iOS will be getting the update to easily change colors in Bimmercode (like Android) within the next 2 weeks. Can't wait!
Verified that this is now available. Coded today.
Note that this only changes a single color profile and you must select 'Orange' in iDrive for this to work.
Appreciate 2
EED14X513.50
Carpe_BM184.00
      11-18-2020, 05:40 PM   #312
Revie19
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5, 2014 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by F15N55 View Post
Verified that this is now available. Coded today.
Note that this only changes a single color profile and you must select 'Orange' in iDrive for this to work.
Thanks for the tip, I coded a color but couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t show up. Selecting orange works!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 06:25 PM   #313
Florida-X3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 x30i / '12 Infiniti M37

I just did this, pretty simple ... however, now my ambient lights don't turn off unless I lock the car. Anyone else experience this?

OK, the ambient lights turned off …. guess I wasn’t giving it enough time. The Triangle Light on the hazard button stays lit and so is a LED that's part of our car phone charger plugged into the cigarette lighter. Never noticed this before but it could be normal.

Last edited by Florida-X3; 11-19-2020 at 06:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 03:18 AM   #314
KhaledmaisarahF15
Registered
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 F15 50i

Hello Guys
Thank you for this wonderful thread it came in so handy.
However, i have a question, my ambient lights are so dim comparing to photos i see here and even before seeing photos I always felt it was very dim despite having the settings all the way up and tried decoupling it from dimmer switch but no luck. Does anyone have the same issue or anyone knows how to crank the brightness up?
F15 MY 2018 50i
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 06:51 AM   #315
Florida-X3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 x30i / '12 Infiniti M37

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaledmaisarahF15 View Post
Hello Guys
Thank you for this wonderful thread it came in so handy.
However, i have a question, my ambient lights are so dim comparing to photos i see here and even before seeing photos I always felt it was very dim despite having the settings all the way up and tried decoupling it from dimmer switch but no luck. Does anyone have the same issue or anyone knows how to crank the brightness up?
F15 MY 2018 50i
Mine is pretty dim compared to photos as well, the phones with low light capabilities really makes it look bright. I changed my lights to Purple, Green, Purple and took a picture ..... my new iPhone makes it look super bright. I think that is why most of the pics look really bright.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 11:37 PM   #316
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Thanks for the tip, love it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 10:58 AM   #317
parthpatel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I just got MPPK installed on my car. Does anyone know if coding the ambient lights will mess with the tune?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 09:03 AM   #318
Eurogreek
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 3.5

I also just tuned with the mppk. I did receive the updated software with the tune which erased my existing coding. Once I got home, I coded some things again but I feel that the tune is still in place. I really want to update these cool colors next.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 09:18 AM   #319
ed116
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 xDrive 35i

hey guys im having issues connecting to my vgate icar pro it wont connect to my phone i only see the red light on ... how do i get the bluetooth connectivity light to blink?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 09:42 AM   #320
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurogreek View Post
I also just tuned with the mppk. I did receive the updated software with the tune which erased my existing coding. Once I got home, I coded some things again but I feel that the tune is still in place. I really want to update these cool colors next.
Intersting, i had the m performance update but yhey only updated the engine perf. Did u notice any other differences?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 10:05 AM   #321
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed116 View Post
hey guys im having issues connecting to my vgate icar pro it wont connect to my phone i only see the red light on ... how do i get the bluetooth connectivity light to blink?
Not enough info to be of any help....its a 15 page thread with lots of topics bouncing around.

What are you trying to connect to your vgate icar pro...and WHAT phone? If you're trying to connect the Bimmercode app to your phone...then again, what phone? There are two versions...Android or IOS...and the IOS version connects differently. The BC app site used to have specific/detailed instructions on how to connect to the app when using the IOS version. You don't pair the same way you do with the Android version.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 12:39 PM   #322
Eurogreek
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani View Post
Intersting, i had the m performance update but yhey only updated the engine perf. Did u notice any other differences?

Thanks!
Honestly, I really haven’t noticed any difference with mppk. But you can message me for anything else. Keep the topic for coding.
Appreciate 1
1230vani648.50
      12-03-2020, 01:55 PM   #323
ed116
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Not enough info to be of any help....its a 15 page thread with lots of topics bouncing around.

What are you trying to connect to your vgate icar pro...and WHAT phone? If you're trying to connect the Bimmercode app to your phone...then again, what phone? There are two versions...Android or IOS...and the IOS version connects differently. The BC app site used to have specific/detailed instructions on how to connect to the app when using the IOS version. You don't pair the same way you do with the Android version.
sorry its iPhone 11 Pro on IOS14.2 running latest BimmerCode app yeah i tried to view some instructions but it was like turn off headlights etc

what is the exact proceedure? Turn off Bluetooth from idrive (its an 15' F15)
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 02:29 PM   #324
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
sorry its iPhone 11 Pro on IOS14.2 running latest BimmerCode app yeah i tried to view some instructions but it was like turn off headlights etc

what is the exact proceedure? Turn off Bluetooth from idrive (its an 15' F15)
TIP: since you don't have a G series BMW...you only need to press the START button once (foot NOT on the brake) to power up the control modules. The G series require 3 quick presses of their START button to engage their diagnostic mode

See the instructions below from the support page from the Bimmercode website ( https://www.bimmercode.app/support/ ). If you're using a bluetooth OBD II adapter and an IOS device...then DON'T try to PAIR your IOS device to the adapter...just OPEN the Bimmercode app and connect to the adapter through the selection in the app.

Connecting with a “Vgate WiFi” adapter (iOS and Android)
  1. Turn on the ignition in the car or start diagnostic mode in G Series cars (press the start button in the car three times in quick succession without pushing the brake or clutch pedal).
  2. Plug in the adapter into the OBD port in the footwell on the driver side in your car.
  3. Enable the Airplane mode on the iOS or Android device.
  4. Turn on WiFi on the iOS or Android device.
  5. Open the WiFi settings on the iOS or Android device and connect to the “V-LINK” network.
  6. Open the BimmerCode app and check if “Vgate iCar WiFi” is selected for “Adapter” in the settings.
  7. Tap on “Connect” in the start screen.

Connecting with a Bluetooth adapter (iOS)
  1. Disable CarPlay in the iOS settings if active.
  2. Disconnect the Bluetooth connection to the iDrive systen and any additional Bluetooth connections.
  3. Turn on the ignition in the car or start diagnostic mode in G Series cars (press the start button in the car three times in quick succession without pushing the brake or clutch pedal).
  4. Plug in the adapter into the OBD port in the footwell on the driver side.
  5. Enable the Airplane mode on the iOS device.
  6. Turn on Bluetooth on the iOS device.
  7. Open the BimmerCode app and check if the correct adapter type is selected in the settings.
  8. Tap on “Connect” in the start screen.
Connecting with a Bluetooth adapter (Android)
  1. Turn on the ignition in the car or start diagnostic mode in G Series cars (press the start button in the car three times in quick succession without pushing the brake or clutch pedal).
  2. Disconnect the Bluetooth connection to the iDrive systen and any additional Bluetooth connections.
  3. Plug in the adapter into the OBD port in the footwell on the driver side.
  4. Enable the Airplane mode on the Android device.
  5. Turn on Bluetooth on the Android device.
  6. Open the Android Bluetooth settings on the Android device and pair with the adapter.
  7. Open the BimmerCode app and check if the correct adapter type is selected in the settings.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 08:18 AM   #325
ed116
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
TIP: since you don't have a G series BMW...you only need to press the START button once (foot NOT on the brake) to power up the control modules. The G series require 3 quick presses of their START button to engage their diagnostic mode

See the instructions below from the support page from the Bimmercode website ( https://www.bimmercode.app/support/ ). If you're using a bluetooth OBD II adapter and an IOS device...then DON'T try to PAIR your IOS device to the adapter...just OPEN the Bimmercode app and connect to the adapter through the selection in the app.

Connecting with a “Vgate WiFi” adapter (iOS and Android)
  2. Plug in the adapter into the OBD port in the footwell on the driver side in your car.
  3. Enable the Airplane mode on the iOS or Android device.
  4. Turn on WiFi on the iOS or Android device.
  5. Open the WiFi settings on the iOS or Android device and connect to the “V-LINK” network.
  6. Open the BimmerCode app and check if “Vgate iCar WiFi” is selected for “Adapter” in the settings.
  7. Tap on “Connect” in the start screen.

3. Turn on the ignition in the car or start diagnostic mode in G Series cars (press the start button in the car three times in quick succession without pushing the brake or clutch pedal).
Connecting with a Bluetooth adapter (Android)
  3. Plug in the adapter into the OBD port in the footwell on the driver side.
  4. Enable the Airplane mode on the Android device.
  5. Turn on Bluetooth on the Android device.
  6. Open the Android Bluetooth settings on the Android device and pair with the adapter.

Hey so i tried this like 10 different times. The car I had in "accessory" or rather 1 push in without the break and then i tried with it just being turned on. I followed all the other steps to a T minus carplay i couldn't disable carplay in the settings on iOS (there was no option) but i had airplane mode on. I also brought the device close to the adapter and noticed red light was on and stable, green light was on and stable and blue light was blinking when i was trying to connect to it.

I tried this with the BimmerCode App on my iPhone 11 Pro on iOS 14.2 and i tried it with the BimmerCode app on my girlfriends iPhone 11 on iOS 14.2 and no cigar
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 10:14 AM   #326
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey so i tried this like 10 different times. The car I had in "accessory" or rather 1 push in without the break and then i tried with it just being turned on. I followed all the other steps to a T minus carplay i couldn't disable carplay in the settings on iOS (there was no option) but i had airplane mode on. I also brought the device close to the adapter and noticed red light was on and stable, green light was on and stable and blue light was blinking when i was trying to connect to it.

I tried this with the BimmerCode App on my iPhone 11 Pro on iOS 14.2 and i tried it with the BimmerCode app on my girlfriends iPhone 11 on iOS 14.2 and no cigar
So are you saying that other than step 1...when you follow the steps 2-6 below for connecting with an IOS device...when you get to the 7th step where you open the Bimmercode App on your device...you don't see the prompt to select the OBD adapter you have installed in the OBD II port? Do you have a Bimmercode approved OBD II adapter?

Again, with an IOS device...you don't pair the OBD II adapter...you connect to it THROUGH the app. Open the app and look for your OBD II adapter, then select your adapter from inside the app.

If it still doesn't work, then contact Bimmercode Support.

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 10:07 AM   #327
parthpatel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Can anyone else confirm that coding this does not mess up the MPPK tune? I just got it the other week and wanted to ensure that it won't override it for whatever reason when changing the ambient lighting. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 10:19 AM   #328
MK2018
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthpatel1 View Post
Can anyone else confirm that coding this does not mess up the MPPK tune? I just got it the other week and wanted to ensure that it won't override it for whatever reason when changing the ambient lighting. Thank you!
That shouldn't mess or override your MPPK, I'm coding my x5 quite often and playing with ambient colours a lot and that never mess with anything or any other coding in my car, you are just changing that specific area, but maybe someone has different experience
2017 GMC Sierra Denali
2017 GMC Yukon Denali
2016 GMC Yukon SLT
2015 GMC Sierra All Terrain
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 01:51 PM   #329
CatalinP
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 2014 3.0xd

MPPK is coded in DME module. Ambient Lights are coded in BDC module, so no issue...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 02:24 PM   #330
CatalinP
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 2014 3.0xd

That would be ridiculous...
Appreciate 0