11-15-2020, 09:53 AM   #1
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 M50i

Garage List
KW V3 vs. MSS Height Adjustable Springs

Hi All. Looking for some input here. In the spring I will be putting 22" wheels on my 2018 X5M. I hate the wheel gap on these cars and want to give it a more aggressive stance as well. I've come across 2 different options I like that can help make this happen: KW V3 and MSS height adjustable springs. Couple of questions I was hoping to get some insight on from the forum: 1) are these my best options to achieve what I'm looking for or are there better choices 2) what is the difference between these two options 3) will both of these options allow me to maintain the OEM setting for the suspension of comfort vs sport 4) would these options void my warranty and finally 5) which option would you go with and why. Appreciate all of the input as clearly I'm a novice. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2020, 10:07 AM   #2
Klienfeld303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 x5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jszlaga View Post
Hi All. Looking for some input here. In the spring I will be putting 22" wheels on my 2018 X5M. I hate the wheel gap on these cars and want to give it a more aggressive stance as well. I've come across 2 different options I like that can help make this happen: KW V3 and MSS height adjustable springs. Couple of questions I was hoping to get some insight on from the forum: 1) are these my best options to achieve what I'm looking for or are there better choices 2) what is the difference between these two options 3) will both of these options allow me to maintain the OEM setting for the suspension of comfort vs sport 4) would these options void my warranty and finally 5) which option would you go with and why. Appreciate all of the input as clearly I'm a novice. Thanks.
Plenty of threads here about that. I am contemplating the same thing. I think I might just bite the billet on the kW v3. There is a guy selling a set in the classifieds section. It makes more sense in terms of adjustability and overall performance. It's more expensive but in Spanish we say "lo barato sale caro" which means "cheap shit costs more!" I'm gonna pull the plug on the kws next year
      11-15-2020, 10:09 AM   #3
Klienfeld303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 x5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klienfeld303 View Post
Quote:
Plenty of threads here about that. I am contemplating the same thing. I think I might just bite the billet on the kW v3. There is a guy selling a set in the classifieds section. It makes more sense in terms of adjustability and overall performance. It's more expensive but in Spanish we say "lo barato sale caro" which means "cheap shit costs more!" I'm gonna pull the plug on the kws next year
Oh and the kw eliminates the suspension control which would void warranty. Forgot to add that. Some people here say that some dealerships overlook certain things but I'm sure they would notice the suspension. 🙁
      11-15-2020, 10:31 AM   #4
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh and the kw eliminates the suspension control which would void warranty. Forgot to add that. Some people here say that some dealerships overlook certain things but I'm sure they would notice the suspension. 🙁
Thanks for the input. I'm sure there are plenty of threads on this but don't know how to filter that without having to look at every post ever created.

Anyhow, will MSS void warranty or only KW V3? I think both of these will accomplish the look I'm going for so if only KW V3 voids warranty I may be inclined to go with MSS.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2020, 03:52 PM   #5
JVX6M
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Comp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the input. I'm sure there are plenty of threads on this but don't know how to filter that without having to look at every post ever created.

Anyhow, will MSS void warranty or only KW V3? I think both of these will accomplish the look I'm going for so if only KW V3 voids warranty I may be inclined to go with MSS.

Not sure what MSS is but I just had KW V3's put on my 17' X6M with 10K on the odometer. I had H&R springs on my E70 for years very harsh ride compared to the KW V3's which is obv well known but after upgrading to the F86 from the E70 I had to attempt to do it right this time... no regrets, as far as voiding maybe so but I think unless you have suspension issues when going in for warranty work I personally am not worried about it vs say a tune... not too many people chimed in on the KW V3's when I asked before making the purchase but there are others that have it and don't seem to have regretted it also!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2020, 05:44 PM   #6
charles.soori
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F85 x5m

I had h&r on my f85, ride was soo horrible. Maybe if you only lower 1' it might be ok but I slammed it. Had the h&r for maybe 2 months and then got the kw v3 the vehicle ride is way better than stock i will say. So if you going to do it right go with the kw v3 and I dont know what mss is so I cant comment on that.
Appreciate 2
Jszlaga461.00
JVX6M166.00
      11-16-2020, 12:28 AM   #7
F85MTuNED
IG: @88jae88
Rep
Drives: ///Ⓜ️

Do they even make MSS for our chassis? I know it's coming for the F95 and they make it for F80's & F90's.. either or MSS and H&R VTF is 🔥but most say the ride gets horrible when you drop it too low meanwhile KW max drop still feels amazing.

It's more expensive but IMO I will always feel like the KW's are well worth it plus resale is amazing due to it being an amazing product. Funny thing is I'm actually thinking about dropping my F85 a bit more..😎
Attached Images

11-16-2020, 06:25 PM   #8
x6m_bxny
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by F85MTuNED View Post
Do they even make MSS for our chassis? I know it's coming for the F95 and they make it for F80's & F90's.. either or MSS and H&R VTF is 🔥but most say the ride gets horrible when you drop it too low meanwhile KW max drop still feels amazing.

It's more expensive but IMO I will always feel like the KW's are well worth it plus resale is amazing due to it being an amazing product. Funny thing is I'm actually thinking about dropping my F85 a bit more..😎
I love your stance bro! It can go lower? I'm maxed out in the front and the rear is pretty low as it is.
Appreciate 1
F85MTuNED1620.50
      11-16-2020, 10:20 PM   #9
F85MTuNED
IG: @88jae88
Rep
Drives: ///Ⓜ️

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6m_bxny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F85MTuNED View Post

I love your stance bro! It can go lower? I'm maxed out in the front and the rear is pretty low as it is.
GL bro, Yes I believe I have a bit more left in the front and I have a ton more to go in the rear but I would only bring it down maybe a half a turn in the rear because I don't want it to be lower than the front.