BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

09-06-2016, 05:33 PM   #38501
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

No but you are giving range which would indicate shortest and longest. Could actually be 1 day to 16 years technically.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 05:38 PM   #38502
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

1MOREMOD - Incorrect.

The maximum time between 2 sitting presidents is 8 years.

1 day to 8 years.

The 4 year term can be greater than 8 years apart, but cannot exceed 8 consecutive years, or 2 terms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 05:39 PM   #38503
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Right time between not duration of. What about grover Cleveland?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 05:40 PM   #38504
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

What is going on here??!! What would Vladimir Putin say??!!!

Appreciate 1
MKSixer34188.50
      09-06-2016, 05:40 PM   #38505
ASBSECU E93
Rep

You'd have to ask shoei about him - since he's considered old now
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 05:41 PM   #38506
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Plus shoei made the statement let's ask him how long he meant
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 05:42 PM   #38507
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
Non consecutive terms I believe
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 05:42 PM   #38508
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And yes 37 is old. 40 you're fucked
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 05:51 PM   #38509
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

You guys need to watch this, the closest thing i've gotten to this is spin training and that was a lot of fun.
Pretty cool video, kid passes out at 8G's and quickly regains consciousness.

Appreciate 1
MKSixer34188.50
      09-06-2016, 06:04 PM   #38510
ASBSECU E93
Rep

Reminds me of this...only way less cooler than being in a plane

Quote:
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2016, 06:21 PM   #38511
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Reminds me of this...only way less cooler than being in a plane

The kid screaming was hysterical.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 08:30 PM   #38512
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
You guys need to watch this, the closest thing i've gotten to this is spin training and that was a lot of fun.
Pretty cool video, kid passes out at 8G's and quickly regains consciousness.

Nothing like this!

I have a close friend with an L-39 that I've been up in before. We pulled 5-6Gs positive and 4Gs negative. The coolest thing was flying up the Mississippi about 50 feet off the deck and looking up at some of the wheelhouses on the boats as they gave us a thumbs up when we flashed by.

If you ever get a chance to fly in a jet fighter or fighter trainer, do it!!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2016, 10:32 PM   #38513
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.
He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.
He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.
He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.
He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.
He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.
He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.
He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.
He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.
He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:
For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:
For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:
For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:
For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:
For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences
For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies:
For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:
For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.
He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.
He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.
He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.
He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.
He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.
In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.
Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our Brittish brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.
We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 2
smoosh2211.50
MKSixer34188.50
      09-06-2016, 10:32 PM   #38514
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

TL; DR
Appreciate 2
Aatish3461.00
shoei7779.00
      09-06-2016, 10:33 PM   #38515
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Lol. I just remembered I had the Declaration of Independence set as a shortcut in my phone.
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 1
smoosh2211.50
      09-06-2016, 10:41 PM   #38516
shoei
Banned
Rep

If that isn't spam and not much different from 76 fucking smileys, I don't know what is...
Appreciate 3
smoosh2211.50
jtodd_fl6703.50
1LRM3517.50
      09-06-2016, 10:44 PM   #38517
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei
If that isn't spam and not much different from 76 fucking smileys, I don't know what is...
*throw-up emojis. *

Day 2 and the stupid still hasn't worn off...I'm disappointed, son.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 10:55 PM   #38518
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh
Quote:
*throw-up emojis. *

Day 1460 and you're still not permanently banned... I'm disappointed...
Appreciate 1
smoosh2211.50
      09-06-2016, 11:04 PM   #38519
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Florida man arrested for sending ex gf 118 texts over an 8 hour period. He also threatened ex girlfriend's husband. They were boyfriend/ girlfriend while she was still married.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-ap-florida-man-stalking-texts-20160522-story.html
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 11:10 PM   #38520
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
*throw-up emojis. *

If I'm going out perma style, I'm taking you down with me, you best believe it...
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 11:11 PM   #38521
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Florida man arrested for sending ex gf 118 texts over an 8 hour period. He also threatened ex girlfriend's husband. They were boyfriend/ girlfriend while she was still married.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-ap-florida-man-stalking-texts-20160522-story.html
Is that really spam? Maybe it was a long text message it exceeded the 152 character limit?

Almost as stupid as the people who steal Iphones / iPads and take selfies with it and it's discovered in the victims iCloud...
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 11:12 PM   #38522
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
*throw-up emojis. *

If I'm going out perma style, I'm taking you down with me, you best believe it...
This is why you are not in the circle... Dumb threats like that... Should be ashamed, especially as a military man...

Tsk-tsk...
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread