BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-29-2020, 08:44 PM   #1
Iti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw 550 xdrive.2016 X5M

Help Spilled coolant

Hi I was installing the JB4 on my F 85 and it was so hard to reach those connectors and in the process I didn't realize it's a coolant hose and I disconnected it for a split second and actually sprayed all over before putting it back in
i'm showing in the picture of the hose I disconnected. I'm asking you if I should be fine or do you think it's an issue with air or something like that in the system ? Thank you
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 10:23 AM   #2
spaghettiM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M and 95 M3

You should be fine. Wipe it off as much as possible but it shouldn't cause any issues.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 10:29 AM   #3
XxBBVTMxX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d, 2008 Lexus IS-F

Garage List
If it did not get on anything electrical, I'd grab a water hose and with low pressure hose the area down, followed by the use of a leaf blower to blow the water down.

If not, wipe down the best possible.

The vehicle should tell you if you have low coolant when you run it. Unfortunately, you have to run it and keep an eye on the gauge.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 11:41 AM   #4
Iti
Private First Class
Rep

I don't think it did I wiped it down I haven't started the car yet so all I was worried if there's air you know if there's air in the brake lines you need to take that out I wasn't sure if that works for the coolant too😂 thank you
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 04:05 PM   #5
XxBBVTMxX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d, 2008 Lexus IS-F

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iti View Post
I don't think it did I wiped it down I haven't started the car yet so all I was worried if there's air you know if there's air in the brake lines you need to take that out I wasn't sure if that works for the coolant too😂 thank you
Turn it on with the heater on high to get it flowing through the heater core and monitor the needle, if it gets hotter than where you usually see it turn it off. See if you get a message on your I drive or cluster.

I think you'll be fine, and if so next time you go to the dealer ask them how much to top it off.. if it's too much then have them change it 😅

Actually, thinking about it I believe it's like my IS-F that you fill it via the reservoir. You can try that.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 04:10 PM   #6
Iti
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBBVTMxX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iti View Post
Turn it on with the heater on high to get it flowing through the heater core and monitor the needle, if it gets hotter than where you usually see it turn it off. See if you get a message on your I drive or cluster.

I think you'll be fine, and if so next time you go to the dealer ask them how much to top it off.. if it's too much then have them change it 😅

Actually, thinking about it I believe it's like my IS-F that you fill it via the reservoir. You can try that.
Thank you
Appreciate 0