BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-22-2014, 03:14 AM   #23
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia View Post
Meet was great! Saw some new faces as well as old. People got cars coded and more modding. Too bad I had to leave a bit early.

Z.
Glad to hear it . Btw, Z, I'm diggin' the new signature...looks like you got the grille splitters installed - they look solid .
      06-22-2014, 03:29 AM   #24
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Glad to hear it . Btw, Z, I'm diggin' the new signature...looks like you got the grille splitters installed - they look solid .
Thanks! Also, got the titanium grilles as well.

Z.
      06-22-2014, 04:23 AM   #25
busta1978
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 XDrive50i MSport

Quote:

Z.
Hi Zipforia. Nice ride! Just wanted to ask regarding those splitters in the lower grille. Did you paint them a different colour before installation or keep the colour as you had received it.

I ordered the splitters and only received one side, the other should be arriving shortly.

I also have the titanium grille so was thinking of painting the splitters the same colour as the vertical slats of the titanium grille (i.e. titanium colour I suppose).
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 04:36 AM   #26
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Z.
You are most welcome, my friend! I remember the pics you posted in your thread when you got the the titanium grilles - that's why I didn't mention them . The splitters are a nice new addition - I'd love to see some bigger pictures of how your car looks now . I need to find a good place to take some better pictures of my car for this forum, lol. I tried 2 days ago to use the the cool defocus background feature with my Sony 16.2 mp camera, but it failed every time I tried . After seeing all the nicer shots of other X5s/nice cars in general, I thought about buying this http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSC-RX100...DateDescending or the version before; however, I couldn't justify dropping that much just to take pictures of my car ; I barely use my Sony these days, so logic tells me it would just end up sitting in a desk. Sometimes, being a gadget/car lover has its downsides, lol .
      06-22-2014, 11:33 AM   #27
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

The meet went great.
Thanks to @Zipforia for arranging it.
Next meet let's do a cruise or hangout if anyone not needing mods or coding anymore.
@Opasha, we missed you though. I thought you were going to show up.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2014, 04:17 PM   #28
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
The meet went great.
Next meet let's do a cruise or hangout if anyone not needing mods or coding anymore.
I'm glad it went great, buddy . Haha, the downsides of living on the other side of the country...I was afraid I'd be a bit late .
      06-22-2014, 07:14 PM   #29
Socal2025
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i

Great meet as usual. I'm up for an outing for the next one.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 02:01 AM   #30
Zipforia
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by busta1978 View Post
Hi Zipforia. Nice ride! Just wanted to ask regarding those splitters in the lower grille. Did you paint them a different colour before installation or keep the colour as you had received it.

I ordered the splitters and only received one side, the other should be arriving shortly.

I also have the titanium grille so was thinking of painting the splitters the same colour as the vertical slats of the titanium grille (i.e. titanium colour I suppose).
I did not paint them. If I were to paint them, I would paint them Space Gray, like my car, but when I compared the wings, the color of the wings were very close to the color of my car, so I just kept it as is.

Z.
      06-23-2014, 02:10 AM   #31
Zipforia
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I remember the pics you posted in your thread when you got the the titanium grilles - that's why I didn't mention them .
Are you sure that was me? Because I just got the grilles two days ago, so I didn't post any pictures. There's somebody out there posing as me?!?!?

Quote:
The splitters are a nice new addition - I'd love to see some bigger pictures of how your car looks now . I need to find a good place to take some better pictures of my car for this forum, lol. I tried 2 days ago to use the the cool defocus background feature with my Sony 16.2 mp camera, but it failed every time I tried . After seeing all the nicer shots of other X5s/nice cars in general, I thought about buying this http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSC-RX100...DateDescending or the version before; however, I couldn't justify dropping that much just to take pictures of my car ; I barely use my Sony these days, so logic tells me it would just end up sitting in a desk. Sometimes, being a gadget/car lover has its downsides, lol .
When I have some time, I'll take some pictures of my car and post'em. I know what you mean about "nicer shots." There are some talented people on this forum. I wouldn't buy such a nice camera "just" to take great photos of the car. I know why you'd want to, but I think you made the right decision. If anything, take a photo with your phone and edit it with some photo apps. That might "even out" our lack of photo talents vs. someone like Atomic80. Hahaha.

Z.
      06-23-2014, 02:14 AM   #32
Zipforia
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
The meet went great.
No prob! I wish I could've stayed a little longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal2025 View Post
Great meet as usual. I'm up for an outing for the next one.
Cruise would be a great idea! Somewhere like San Diego and can meet up with some SD members. And if they want coding or parts, you can provide!

Z.
      06-23-2014, 02:54 AM   #33
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Are you sure that was me? Because I just got the grilles two days ago, so I didn't post any pictures. There's somebody out there posing as me?!?!?

When I have some time, I'll take some pictures of my car and post'em. I know what you mean about "nicer shots." There are some talented people on this forum. I wouldn't buy such a nice camera "just" to take great photos of the car. I know why you'd want to, but I think you made the right decision. If anything, take a photo with your phone and edit it with some photo apps. That might "even out" our lack of photo talents vs. someone like Atomic80. Hahaha.

Z.
Wow, I must be losing my memory! Haha, I forgot you and 1230vani both have Space Grey and wanted/did the same titanium grille mod while also wanting/thinking of doing the splitter mod: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sea...rchid=33500987. So, I stand corrected, congrats on both modifications! They really make your car look more luxurious/aggressive. It also makes me feel great about my titanium grilles when I see other members' cars with them . Thanks for taking the time to take pictures as well, brother.

Regarding the camera, you're right. I don't see the point of it, and I actually do have decent photoshop/gimp skills, but just too lazy to use them at the moment . I need to just take the X5 out for a nice drive and place it on a hill with the mountains in the background. I know just the spot, but again...just lazy at the moment, lol. Maybe, I'll try to do it tomorrow since the car is washed already.