BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-11-2018, 01:13 AM   #1
yw_yeung18
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35D 2015

Battery and Component Questions

Hello,

I recently spilled cleaning agent in the cargo and some have leaked into the under cargo where the battery is. I've brought the car into BMW services for a battery check and the technician said everything was fine but they neglected to clean up any of the remaining mess that had snuck under. So I've decided to clean up the mess myself and had a few questions since I don't have a lot of experience in removing car components. (I have included an image to help give a reference to the parts in question)

1. If I remove the main battery(A), clean up the mess underneath, and reconnect the Same battery; will there be a warning message that pops up? If not good, if so how do I resolve it?

2. What is the component labeled 'B'? Is it safe to remove and reconnect after clean up?

3. 'C' is the secondary battery to the car, is it safe to remove the main battery(A) and the secondary battery?

4. How long can the car not have a battery for? few days? weeks?

5. Lastly, any tips and tricks I should know before removing the battery myself?

Thanks in advance!

Reference Image:
View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0