BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-12-2019, 06:23 PM   #1167
mpowered5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E34 M5

My 15' does not display whether the heated steering wheel has been turned on or off. I guess the early models didn't.
I found this code digging around, supposedly to have an icon appear either on the dash or HUD.
Anyone tired this or know if it works before I bother. Thanks
Attached Images

1988 M5
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 10:07 PM   #1168
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpowered5 View Post
My 15' does not display whether the heated steering wheel has been turned on or off. I guess the early models didn't.
I found this code digging around, supposedly to have an icon appear either on the dash or HUD.
I do not recall it putting icon in HUD, but does dash.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 10:25 PM   #1169
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Is this in esys or BimmerCode
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 11:44 PM   #1170
mpowered5
Private First Class
Rep

From what I read, BimmerCode.
I'm ok with it just being on the dash.

it's just terribly annoying making sure i pressed the button. I'll try it tonight. See what happens.
1988 M5
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 11:14 AM   #1171
mpowered5
Private First Class
Rep

Just wanted to confirm it does work. Press the Button and on the bottom of the dash "steering wheel heater activated" and deactivated. Just like every other car does..
1988 M5
Appreciate 2
maDjzo851.00
Russmov1328.00
      03-13-2019, 12:37 PM   #1172
taseal
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Corvette, '15 X5,

anyone know how to get sport + and launch control added to my car?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 09:57 PM   #1173
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russmov View Post
Is this in esys or BimmerCode
Either.

Quote:
Just wanted to confirm it does work. Press the Button and on the bottom of the dash "steering wheel heater activated" and deactivated. Just like every other car does..
Yes. if car has software updated, this automatically gets turned on.
Appreciate 1
Russmov1328.00
      03-16-2019, 08:05 AM   #1174
mpowered5
Private First Class
Rep

Never found this annoying until I tried hooking up a trailer.

With the door open, I put it in drive/reverse to adjust slightly to line up to the trailer but it throws it back into park because the door is open and says to secure vehicle blah blah Anyway to code this out? Couldn't find it on the cheat sheet. Thanks
1988 M5
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 11:05 AM   #1175
maDjzo
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: G30

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfochon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lshiroda1 View Post
I can't find the line in expert mode to change color for ambient light. Can anyone give more detailed info ? thx
In BDC - 3070.
Search for ensemble_layer...
if your software is compatible you can change 8 ensemble, 3 layers. Lots of Video online on the topic as well.
I can confirm this worked flawlessly for me, now I'm not sure if it depends on software version as previously mentioned I will post up my version when I get home to confirm. This however took me 30 seconds to code within BimmerCode:

- BDC > Expert Mode > search for line 3070
- Within 3070 > scroll down to the desired Ensamble which will have up to 10 layers below it, F15 utilizes only the first 3
- Example I changed my last 3 Ensembles as I was not using those color patterns, Layer 1 will be top led bar, 2 door handle, 3 lower area AND when I get home I'll also look into the top 2 LEDs in the ceiling panel that fire down that have the ability to change color as well, depending on color pattern, which could be coded as a higher Layer.
- After you select the color desired just code and that's it

Update: Currently on Software 002.255.073, Just checked BMW.com and 003.255.081 is available, contemplating upgrading not sure if I some codes will get relegated..

Update2: Nothing changed after update, all coding as is.

Quote:
I can confirm this steering wheel heater code works as well.
Attached Images

Last edited by maDjzo; 03-17-2019 at 04:35 PM..
Appreciate 4
Russmov1328.00
Servord30.00
      03-16-2019, 11:13 AM   #1176
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maDjzo View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I can't find the line in expert mode to change color for ambient light. Can anyone give more detailed info ? thx
In BDC - 3070.
if your software is compatible you can change 8 ensemble, 3 layers. Lots of Video online on the topic as well.
I can confirm this worked flawlessly for me, now I'm not sure if it depends on software version as previously mentioned I will post up my version when I get home to confirm. This however took me 30 seconds to code within BimmerCode:

- Within 3070 > scroll down to the desired Ensamble which will have up to 10 layers below it, F15 utilizes only the first 3
- Example I changed my last 3 Ensembles as I was not using those color patterns, Layer 1 will be top led bar, 2 door handle, 3 lower area AND when I get home I'll also look into the top 2 LEDs in the ceiling panel that fire down that have the ability to change color as well, depending on color pattern, which could be coded as a higher Layer.

Quote:
I can confirm this works as well.
I'm super jealous of all your colours. Wish mine worked 🤬
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 11:16 AM   #1177
maDjzo
Captain
Poland
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In BDC - 3070.

Quote:
Hmm, are you not finding the Ensemble lines within 3070 at all or another issue?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 11:36 AM   #1178
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In BDC - 3070.

Quote:
Hmm, are you not finding the Ensemble lines within 3070 at all or another issue?
I will have to check it again. I can't quite remember.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 11:45 AM   #1179
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
When I sent my screenshot to the developer he said it looked like mapping was missing. He said he was going to look into it. Haven't heard anything yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 10:15 AM   #1180
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In BDC - 3070.

Quote:
When you go in, do you use the custom parameter? Mine has 3 lines when I go into the ensemble. The last one says custom, I tried changing it but it didn't seem to work.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 12:15 PM   #1181
maDjzo
Captain
Poland
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In BDC - 3070.

Quote:
When you go in, do you use the custom parameter? Mine has 3 lines when I go into the ensemble. The last one says custom, I tried changing it but it didn't seem to work.
No, under the selected ensemble, layers 1,2,3 allow you go into each one, and simply select the color you want. I didn't change any values, simply chose the color which is displayed in German.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 12:17 PM   #1182
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In BDC - 3070.

Quote:
No, under the selected ensemble, layers 1,2,3 allow you go into each one, and simply select the color you want. I didn't change any values, simply chose the color which is displayed in German.
I'll take a screenshot of it and post it. Or perhaps you could show me what yours looks like
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 01:39 PM   #1183
CanadianLurker
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35d

Can BimmerCode show the value for how much DEF is in the tanks?

If not, what app do others use to check their DEF levels?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 07:36 PM   #1184
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In BDC - 3070.

Quote:
I'll take a screenshot of it and post it. Or perhaps you could show me what yours looks like
There's an entire thread with pictures on this. I would google search it should come up. Also videos on YouTube. The issue is software versions. Earlier software allowed for this. Then SW update prevented this. And now new software appears to "somewhat" allow for this again.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
Russmov1328.00
      03-20-2019, 03:53 AM   #1185
MK2018
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35i

Finally I received VeePeek BT and it works perfectly with iOS, not a single issue so far.
I have managed to code few things:

Driver seat belt warning disabled
Handle light with reverse
Fog lights with high beam
Seat belt reminder after start disabled
Tails gate open and close from remote
Angel lights 100% brightness with parking lights
Angel lights 100% brightness with low beam
VLD Variable Light Distribution
Tire pressure and temperature
Cameras legal disclaimer disabled
Fog lights with parking light
Cornering lights disabled
Video in motion

I couldn't code 5 blinks, ambient light and indicators in HUD
2017 GMC Sierra Denali
2017 GMC Yukon Denali
2016 GMC Yukon SLT
2015 GMC Sierra All Terrain
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 12:46 AM   #1186
MK2018
First Lieutenant
Rep

VLD Variable Light Distribution on my Xenon lights works excellent

Still can't get ambient lights to work
2017 GMC Sierra Denali
2017 GMC Yukon Denali
2016 GMC Yukon SLT
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 12:43 PM   #1187
maDjzo
Captain
Poland
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2018 View Post

Is it a noticeable difference with the Xenons? An improvement during city/highway driving?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 03:20 PM   #1188
MK2018
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2018 View Post

Is it a noticeable difference with the Xenons? An improvement during city/highway driving?
O yeah, lights are moving around like crazy now. It's pleasure to drive at night
2017 GMC Sierra Denali
2017 GMC Yukon Denali
2016 GMC Yukon SLT
Appreciate 1
maDjzo851.00