BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

03-05-2019, 11:36 AM   #23
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.skytech View Post
They were bought via Paypal. i will see what i can do at this point. It's a matter of principle for me. i don't need to go through the trouble of selling them to someone else just to try and recuperate my money.
I got something different than I was told and paid via PayPal and they refunded me my money on the spot and waited till the vendor replied to them. They never did, so I "won" the case and got my money back.
      03-05-2019, 11:39 AM   #24
yewlock
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
He was not interested in fixing this. I contacted him via this forums message system and he just said that he can't help me.

Should i take screen shots of the whole conversation?
Maybe you should dispute with paypal. Principle does matter.
Appreciate 2
      03-05-2019, 11:45 AM   #25
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Those look like 3series mats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagekko View Post
My vote was that they are E70 mats.
Those are not E70 mats.. I had a E70 and have a BMW All Weather mat that I currently use in my F15. Direct perfect fit. My guess is its a X3 or 3 series or another series smaller car.
      03-05-2019, 12:59 PM   #26
turboawd
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

File a PayPal dispute
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 02:07 PM   #27
LocksmithNick
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M Sport - G05

Garage List
Did he originally have pictures in the ad or what? When I click the link it just says “sold”. Did he send you pics and you got something different than what was in the pics?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 02:09 PM   #28
LocksmithNick
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
My issue is, he’s been a forum member since 2012. It seems unlikely that he would do this intentionally...especially for $80...
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 02:25 PM   #29
Mr.skytech
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Point A to point B in style

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithNick View Post
Did he originally have pictures in the ad or what? When I click the link it just says "sold". Did he send you pics and you got something different than what was in the pics?
Quote:
My issue is, he's been a forum member since 2012. It seems unlikely that he would do this intentionally...especially for $80...
He didn't post pics of the mats in the ad. He said that they were used and they were about 8/10 score. For rubber mats, thats not so bad.

The price wasn't so bad either. So i bought them.

When i got the mats, they didn't fit at all. I contacted him and in the end all he said was 'i cant help you'.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 02:26 PM   #30
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
My issue is, he’s been a forum member since 2012. It seems unlikely that he would do this intentionally...especially for $80...
I agree with this.. Perhaps, he was unaware. He might have purchased it used from someone else and thought it was a X5 mat and didn't pay attention to the fit or he never used it on his car and decided to get rid of it.
      03-05-2019, 02:27 PM   #31
LocksmithNick
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
He didn't post pics of the mats in the ad. He said that they were used and they were about 8/10 score. For rubber mats, thats not so bad.

When i got the mats, they didn't fit at all. I contacted him and in the end all he said was 'i cant help you'.
You didn’t ask him for pics before purchasing?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 02:32 PM   #32
Mr.skytech
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

You didn't ask him for pics before purchasing?

No because he posted the condition of them. To me that was a sign of honesty. So why ask for pics?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 03:37 PM   #33
LocksmithNick
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No because he posted the condition of them. To me that was a sign of honesty. So why ask for pics?
I pretty much always ask for pics. An "8/10" to him may be a "5/10" to me. And think of what all could have been avoided had you seen them first. You'd probably be able to tell that they weren't F15 mats, and could have told him, "hey, those aren't for an X5", and maybe he'd have said, "oh shit, you're right, I meant M5"....etc....

Post screen shots of him blowing you off. I'd like to see the entire convo before we roast the man.
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2019, 04:41 PM   #34
jch1511
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 50i,750i,650i,GL63

Why blame the OP?

Again, no need to make excuses for the seller. I guess $80 really made his day.

Is it so hard to believe that people will do anything for money?

OP got no response that's why he is here to warn us.
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2019, 06:13 PM   #35
Mr.skytech
Lieutenant
Rep

I have started a dispute with G3333 via paypal. Let's see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 06:54 PM   #36
The Libertine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Macan

Quote:
I have started a dispute with G3333 via paypal. Let's see what happens.
Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 09:32 PM   #37
G3333
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 X6M

Thanks for your input guys. Have made 60+ successful transactions on the forums over the years. Anything from a simple emblem up to HRE wheels. I've never had any issues on the sell side, which I'm sure my buyers can corroborate.

The mats I sold the buyer were in my vehicle when purchased, shortly removed and replaced with M-Perf floor mats. They sat in my garage until it came time to sell the vehicle at which point I parted everything out. All sales were successful, no complaints.

The buyer reached out nearly a month after receiving the floor mats to tell me they didn't fit. Well, they fit my car just fine? I couldn't even remember selling to him as it was so long ago. I asked for pictures which I never received, suspicious.

The seller is going off of principle. That's fine. I understand as I would say the same thing. What can I do for him if he doesn't even send pictures? How do I know they don't even fit? How do I know they are even the same floor mats I sent him?

As a principled seller, I am more than gracious to provide whatever customer service I can on a used, as is, item with pictures. Pictures that SHOW exactly what the floor mats look like. By principle, why not look at the mats and decipher whether they will even fit your vehicle? I understand that this transaction isn't for a full Akra system, but still? Look at the pics. Or better yet, upon delivery, try them out and see if they fit immediately! It's a bit suspicious when a buyer purchases something and then complains about fitment a month later.

He offered to send them back for a refund and cover the return shipping. As most of you know, these are rather heavy and not flexible so shipping is a bit costly on these. After paying return shipping, he'll end up with about a $35 loss conservatively.

I'll receive the floor mats back and be able to sell them again at really no loss at all, but why take them back if I don't even know they don't fit, when they fit fine in my vehicle? Or that they are even the same floor mats I sent out in the first place?

The buyer has opened a PayPal case which I'll gladly respond to. Thanks for all the input, again! This is the reason I stay off the forums.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7257.50
      03-06-2019, 10:49 PM   #38
DonJuan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4, F15 X5, F30 328d, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by yewlock View Post
His last activity is 26th Feb. Give him the benefit of doubt that he might be out of the country and no easy access to internet. Hopefully , he will chime in when he is back.
No excuses, there is internet all over the world.

If the ppl transaction was done "sending to friends" OP can be in a difficult place trying to pursue it via PayPal.
I don't agree with sellers trying to charge buyers for the PayPal fees, it is the cost of doing business, pay the damn fees!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 05:59 AM   #39
LocksmithNick
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
No excuses, there is internet all over the world.

If the ppl transaction was done "sending to friends" OP can be in a difficult place trying to pursue it via PayPal.
I don't agree with sellers trying to charge buyers for the PayPal fees, it is the cost of doing business, pay the damn fees!
But if you want something for a good deal or whatever, why should the seller have to eat the PayPal fees? I buy and sell high end watches all the time, and we always do F&F. Even when I buy or sell things on here. I sold a set of 467m wheels for like $600 shipped. The buyer got a great deal. No way was I going to pay PayPal fees on top of that.
Appreciate 2
HJ478.00
      03-07-2019, 11:06 AM   #40
DonJuan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4, F15 X5, F30 328d, E30

Quote:
But if you want something for a good deal or whatever, why should the seller have to eat the PayPal fees? I buy and sell high end watches all the time, and we always do F&F. Even when I buy or sell things on here. I sold a set of 467m wheels for like $600 shipped. The buyer got a great deal. No way was I going to pay PayPal fees on top of that.
I understand it's appealing to have the option to get things without the surcharge, but you lose the buyer protection. It should be already considered in the sale price, just like credit cards, you don't go around asking the stores to waive the CC fees when making purchases, they have already passed that on to you in the item's price.
There is a reason why they charge the fees to the sellers and not the buyers. If I'm absolutely interested in an item and the seller refuses to cover the fees, I pay them myself for my own protection. Of course YMMV depending on the price of the item, seller's reputation, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 12:04 PM   #41
ronmexico385
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 Luxury Line

So one person says there was pictures and one person says there wasn’t. Somebody is lying.

The OP conveniently left out the fact that he waited a month to complain (if true), and did not respond to the sellers request for pictures. Originally, I was leaning toward the OP’s side, but can see how the seller would consider this suspicious. To say the seller just replied with “I can’t help you” is misrepresenting the truth, if you did in fact ignore his request.

On the other hand, pictures should not even be necessary. Why would the buyer want to waste his own money shipping them back, If they did in fact fit his car. Not a great scam. Obviously he’s not lying about that.

Solution - buyer ships mats back at his cost, seller refunds once received and confirmed to be the same mats. It’s not so difficult
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 04:10 PM   #42
G3333
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmexico385 View Post
So one person says there was pictures and one person says there wasn’t. Somebody is lying.

The OP conveniently left out the fact that he waited a month to complain (if true), and did not respond to the sellers request for pictures. Originally, I was leaning toward the OP’s side, but can see how the seller would consider this suspicious. To say the seller just replied with “I can’t help you” is misrepresenting the truth, if you did in fact ignore his request.

On the other hand, pictures should not even be necessary. Why would the buyer want to waste his own money shipping them back, If they did in fact fit his car. Not a great scam. Obviously he’s not lying about that.

Solution - buyer ships mats back at his cost, seller refunds once received and confirmed to be the same mats. It’s not so difficult
Correct. Not so difficult. Would've been much easier to resolve upon delivery, or upon initial request of photos.

Now it's gotten to the point of bashing me over a set of used floor mats that didn't fit a month after delivery. I believe transaction date was February 2 and I shipped out next day.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 04:13 PM   #43
G3333
Banned
United_States
Rep

By the way to all those concerned with this floor mat scandal, the first time I have seen images were the ones attached to this thread....
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 04:35 PM   #44
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

are these the floor mats you sold to the OP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3333 View Post
By the way to all those concerned with this floor mat scandal, the first time I have seen images were the ones attached to this thread....

Appreciate 0