BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-09-2015, 09:22 AM   #177
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

^^ that looks like dye transfer from your wifes jeans/denim. I have the same thing on my ivory color seats.

Look into leather masters products. great for cleaning and protecting leather areas.
      04-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #178
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
^^ that looks like dye transfer from your wifes jeans/denim. I have the same thing on my ivory color seats.

Look into leather masters products. great for cleaning and protecting leather areas.
I thought the same thing but no it isn't.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 10:22 AM   #179
Dash52
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 740i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
I thought the same thing but no it isn't.
I had the same problem and nothing worked except:
Leather Master Dye Transfer Cleaning Bundle
The cleaner works and the barrier makes it easier to remove the next time.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 10:37 AM   #180
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash52 View Post
I had the same problem and nothing worked except:
Leather Master Dye Transfer Cleaning Bundle
The cleaner works and the barrier makes it easier to remove the next time.
Yup, Detailer tried that why he thinks its a fault with the leather. My side is fine and I wear 501's 80% of the time.

Heard back from BMW UK who says they don't cover 'wear and tear' only manufacturing/material faults. So its back into the dealership service dept!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 09:55 PM   #181
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

This is what my X5 is going in for service for Monday

F15 Service
-Driver door lock switch cover is loose and hanging off door after techs installed new window in driver door
-Knocking sound coming from under belly of car over rough road. Like a socket moving around down there. Customer noticed after driving off lot after transmission was replaced due to faulty deal.
-Open front windows and thudding and whistling occurs from both sides.
-Open Sunroof and luggage cover start thudding in trunk when closed.

Customer has video of sunroof cause. Others will need to be checked by tech when vehicle comes in.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 11:42 AM   #182
Anonymous 2
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 750LI G12

Hello guys, I want to order a new x5 XDrive 50i, but i don't know which package is better! M Sport or Non M Sport?
So if anyone help me to choose the better one and tell me why!
And if i choose M sport i'll lose Pure Experience Exterior Design.
Best Regards.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 12:54 PM   #183
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J

F15 Service
-Driver door lock switch cover is loose and hanging off door after techs installed new window in driver door
-Knocking sound coming from under belly of car over rough road. Like a socket moving around down there. Customer noticed after driving off lot after transmission was replaced due to faulty deal.

Customer has video of sunroof cause. Others will need to be checked by tech when vehicle comes in.
At my dealership now. The shop foreman has it on the rack for the noise below first and lock trim next.

As for the window and sunroof noises they told me more X5 owners need to report the same issues I am having to BMW through their service advisors as they did for me in front of me.

Once my main issues are sorted we will be driving two M sport ones they have on the lot to test the similar wind noise issues and they will contact BMW from there accordingly.

As we were speaking we find the mirror housings to be at fault and the magnet for the luggage cover to not be strong enough at 40+ mph full open element driving.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 01:58 PM   #184
Wing Co
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i & 911 GTS

Went to fill up with diesel and the flap wouldn't open and the release cable was also broken. BMW garage sorted it straight away. Star spoked locking wheel nut socket got deformed taking off final winter wheel. BMW garage got the locking bolt out and I bought 4 new wheel bolts and 2 sockets (not fancy star shapes) for €30 and threw the cheap original in the bin.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 02:39 PM   #185
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

F15 Service

At my dealership now. The shop foreman has it on the rack for the noise below first and lock trim next.

As for the window and sunroof noises they told me more X5 owners need to report the same issues I am having to BMW through their service advisors as they did for me in front of me.

Once my main issues are sorted we will be driving two M sport ones they have on the lot to test the similar wind noise issues and they will contact BMW from there accordingly.

As we were speaking we find the mirror housings to be at fault and the magnet for the luggage cover to not be strong enough at 40+ mph full open element driving.
UPDATE Post dealer assistance

So dealer removed the free roaming socket from my undertray.

Ordered the lock switch plastic cover and agreed they most likely broke it removing the door stuff to install my broken window.

As for the windows the other X5's on the lot had the same issues so the Shop Foreman said it didn't make sense to replace the side mirror housings to my X5.

So they have submitted an official F15 complaint to BMW North America on my behalf and my SA did say I should put the word out because he has had a few others say the same thing but they know me personally and took my complaint seriously.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 08:42 AM   #186
MiguelPt
Rep
Drives: BMW x5 f15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roppo View Post
What sort of noise? A lot of people have complained that their tailgate rattles which can be rectified with the placement of felt (or some other soft material) in a certain position on the bottom part of the boot door...
A noise that cames from the rear door... It's seems that something is loose...
It will go to the dealership to solve it...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 10:27 AM   #187
puckybadger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X6 M60i LCI TBII/Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J View Post

Ordered the lock switch plastic cover and agreed they most likely broke it removing the door stuff to install my broken window.

As for the windows the other X5's on the lot had the same issues so the Shop Foreman said it didn't make sense to replace the side mirror housings to my X5.

So they have submitted an official F15 complaint to BMW North America on my behalf and my SA did say I should put the word out because he has had a few others say the same thing but they know me personally and took my complaint seriously.
As I have posted before, the whistling noise is ruining my enjoyment of this magnificent beast. If I put my hand out near the lower portion of the mirror housing the whistle goes away. No issue with the passenger side. What do you suggest?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 12:18 PM   #188
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckybadger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J View Post

As I have posted before, the whistling noise is ruining my enjoyment of this magnificent beast. If I put my hand out near the lower portion of the mirror housing the whistle goes away. No issue with the passenger side. What do you suggest?
I put my luggage cover in my garage and use the sunroof now.

I suggest everybody who has this issue go speak to your dealership and ask them to send a PUMA into BMW NA or your region of residency.

Only way we get a real fix is if it's a public fiasco
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 07:07 PM   #189
Broadsword
Sustinendum Victoriam
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 335i

On 30 March, we had our BMW "Encore" Service visit. After the visit found the following damage to the paint.
Name:  IMG_0441.jpg
Views: 2108
Size:  170.6 KB

Talked to the service advisor about the damage and he said they'll try to fix it and scheduled an appointment for 3 April. An hour before the appointment time, our SA calls saying the body shop is not open due to Good Friday and rescheduled the appointment for a week later.

Went back a week later. Paint guy says it's an easy fix and it'll only take 10 mins. Picture of the "repairs" made by the dealership.
Name:  IMG_1646.jpg
Views: 2323
Size:  357.6 KB

Obviously told the SA the repairs made is not acceptable. He agreed and we made another appointment to get the bumper repainted properly. This morning SA called us, again an hour before our appointment, saying he wants to cancel the appointment. The reason for the cancellation is because a BMW Corporate rep cannot make it to the service appointment. Apparently the SA had some concerns, contacted BMW, and they said they'll send a rep to check the car. Now just playing the waiting game till the dealership calls us.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 04:09 AM   #190
RickyBobbyBtn
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 3.0d M Sport

Did they take responsibility for the damage in the first place? Are they fixing it for free? Awful that this has happened in the first place but just as bad, if not worse, that the "fix" is really REALLY shoddy work! Looked better before.

Hope this gets sorted asap!!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 12:28 PM   #191
Broadsword
Sustinendum Victoriam
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roppo
Did they take responsibility for the damage in the first place? Are they fixing it for free? Awful that this has happened in the first place but just as bad, if not worse, that the "fix" is really REALLY shoddy work! Looked better before.

Hope this gets sorted asap!!
They will pay for repairs. Haven't assumed responsibility but believes an air bubble under the paint caused the paint to fall off.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 03:15 AM   #192
MiguelPt
Rep
Drives: BMW x5 f15

The noise i refered, some posts ago, is resolved... It was a plastic on the rear door.

Now, i haven't got any noises on the x5...
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 05:41 AM   #193
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadsword View Post
They will pay for repairs. Haven't assumed responsibility but believes an air bubble under the paint caused the paint to fall off.
Yes, it doesn't looks like it was damaged by anyone but a defect in the painting process which caused the bubble. So the fault would lie with BMWNA and that is why the dealer is hesitating because they would need to get BMWNA's approval.

This happened on my E70 in the exactly the same place but since mine was a lease I did not have to fix it.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 01:12 PM   #194
cretanu
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M 5.0d

HUD reset

The HUD is reseting sometimes in the lowest position when the engine is stopped. After setting it again it stays ok for one or two days. Also, is resetting always after I wash the car.
Does anyone knows a solution to this issue?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 04:24 AM   #195
GeloCH
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: X5 30d M Sport, Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by loumckay View Post
My wife, while backing up in a parking lot, turned the front wheels to soon and as a consequence scraped the heck out of the drivers side front rim. I have dispersed the potential of this ever happening again and divorced the wife...lol!!. Do any of you have any thoughts or idea's on how to fix / repair the rim, without having to purchase another. it is even hard to bring my self to wash it now...Lol
Had the same problem.. and its around CHF300 to repair each wheel. I tried alloygators and it works for me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-07-2015, 11:56 PM   #196
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5, 40d

I had a noise when sun roof was opened and when I was driving(had at least 30 km/h speed).
Dealer solved this issue-they told me that there was drain hose which was loose and when winter was coming in it was shaking and giving this noise.
It is ok now.
As well as I had issue with my right rear view mirror as it does not hold memory position(as changed often itself)-they changed el.motor-all working good now as well.
I was surprised when they told me it is elmo as for me it looked like memory unit is responsible for holding memory position but elmo for changing position of the mirror only.
So far all the rest is ok
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 11:59 PM   #197
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5, 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeloCH View Post
Had the same problem.. and its around CHF300 to repair each wheel. I tried alloygators and it works for me.
I think 3 of 4 my wheels scratched as well
What do you mean by "alloygaters"?
Could you please give more details how the work was done?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 10:34 AM   #198
Mentat
Private
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 M50d

Both LED modules kaput, Front Camere is not feeling healthy either!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1