BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-09-2019, 12:12 PM   #1
baliano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3, X5M

Larger F85 Fender Flares?

I saw this pic on IG and noticed that the fender flares (both front and rear) appear to be much larger than stock.
Looks aggressive-does anyone have any insight as to who makes them? I reached out to the owner and he said it he thought it was stock and he bought it that way. Perhaps it's an optical illusion with the drop and wheels, but they don't look stock to me.
Attached Images

Eisenmann Race Black Series/Dinan/Active Autowerke/ Morr VS52/H&R/Arkym Front lip/Arkym Rear diffuser/Blacked out exterior trim/Custom Mirror's/ Performance CF spoiler/Huper Optik 20%/Lux H8/ DD- F85 Donington/Mugello, FI DP, BootMod, KW V3

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 03:33 PM   #2
desertfox73
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 / 2018 F85

Those look like the Hamann flares - seen on this X5M: https://www.hamann-motorsport.com/en...hamann-tuning/

Here's the link for price request: https://www.hamann-motorsport.com/en...swahl+anzeigen
Appreciate 1
baliano287.50
      03-09-2019, 05:35 PM   #3
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

Funny I was just researching these. The IG pics have terrible fitment but other pics from Hamann look a lot better. If they are not ridiculously priced I might be doing this

Quote:
Originally Posted by baliano View Post
I saw this pic on IG and noticed that the fender flares (both front and rear) appear to be much larger than stock.
Looks aggressive-does anyone have any insight as to who makes them? I reached out to the owner and he said it he thought it was stock and he bought it that way. Perhaps it's an optical illusion with the drop and wheels, but they don't look stock to me.
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2019, 02:14 PM   #4
tastelid
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

How to ruin your car in one easy step
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 02:52 PM   #5
pdX5M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastelid View Post
How to ruin your car in one easy step
All personal preference man. I hope the one thing we can all unite on hating on is the colored grill inserts on an M 😁

I think the flares are decent - but is that enough to spend Hamann $$$? More aggressive look that helps with something BMW toned down from the E70 to the F85 - the fender flares.
- 2013 X5 M - Silverstone Metallic w/ Black Perforated Complete Merino - All OEM Options - 12.5mm/20mm Spacers - Velos Stage 2 - xHP Stage 3 - AA Catless - Megan Racing Supremo - PTP Blanket - K&N Drop In -
Appreciate 1
baliano287.50
      03-11-2019, 12:55 PM   #6
Ray knight
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdX5M View Post
All personal preference man. I hope the one thing we can all unite on hating on is the colored grill inserts on an M 😁

I think the flares are decent - but is that enough to spend Hamann $$$? More aggressive look that helps with something BMW toned down from the E70 to the F85 - the fender flares.
It is personal preference but for 100% sure the fender flares will KILL resale value. Unless you plan on keeping the car for good.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 11:10 PM   #7
pdX5M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray knight View Post
Quote:

It is personal preference but for 100% sure the fender flares will KILL resale value. Unless you plan on keeping the car for good.
Very true. Unless you can sit on the vehicle waiting for the right buyer - with the right buyer you will probably get same the same amount of money as you would as if it were stock...realistically no one will pay a premium just because you spent a grand or two on flares.
- 2013 X5 M - Silverstone Metallic w/ Black Perforated Complete Merino - All OEM Options - 12.5mm/20mm Spacers - Velos Stage 2 - xHP Stage 3 - AA Catless - Megan Racing Supremo - PTP Blanket - K&N Drop In -
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 12:33 AM   #8
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

They couldn’t be a permanent mod. The stock fenders come off and sure you just replace those. When you sell just put the stock back on. They are attached by rivets

To each and their own. If you got a fully modded car these look good. Maybe not the car in the pic slammed and what appears photoshopped but they can look great. I don’t think it’s over board

Quote:
Very true. Unless you can sit on the vehicle waiting for the right buyer - with the right buyer you will probably get same the same amount of money as you would as if it were stock...realistically no one will pay a premium just because you spent a grand or two on flares.
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2019, 07:18 AM   #9
Ray knight
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
They couldn’t be a permanent mod. The stock fenders come off and sure you just replace those. When you sell just put the stock back on. They are attached by rivets

To each and their own. If you got a fully modded car these look good. Maybe not the car in the pic slammed and what appears photoshopped but they can look great. I don’t think it’s over board

Quote:
would you buy a 100k car that has signs of fenders being bolted on/replaced? makes it look like it was in an accident and repaired. one of the first things a dealer checks for when appraising a car.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 09:07 AM   #10
desertfox73
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 / 2018 F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray knight View Post
Quote:

It might, but you could argue this for virtually any cosmetic mod (wheels, drop, aero kit, etc.). This one seems pretty tame to me, compared to what else was done to the car.

But I bet having an Apache helicopter in the pic offsets any downside of cosmetic mods.
Appreciate 1
Maverik2594140.00
      03-13-2019, 04:04 AM   #11
F85MTuNED
IG: @88jae88
Rep
Drives: ///Ⓜ️

Hmmm... very interesting 🤔