BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-23-2019, 11:40 PM   #45
lshiroda1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2023 M850 Conver

I'll give it a look tomorrow and write back. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 03:15 PM   #46
lshiroda1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2023 M850 Conver

here's my version
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 03:40 PM   #47
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lshiroda1 View Post
here's my version
Same as mine. There are 3 places which I know can do the widescreen upgrade.

1. Bimmertech
2. BR Diagnostics
3. Fscmaps

I went with bimmertech as they did a remote patch.

😜
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 08:13 AM   #48
pachieh
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 X5M

Anyone tried to code this on their own?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #49
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachieh View Post
Anyone tried to code this on their own?
I know for nbtevo_n and o, you can apply the patch yourself via usb stick or app. But for version P, it must be done via vendor. That's how it was when I got mine done.

Not sure if anyone has figured out how to code on there own. I wish I knew 😜
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 12:06 AM   #50
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
I know for nbtevo_n and o, you can apply the patch yourself via usb stick or app. But for version P, it must be done via vendor. That's how it was when I got mine done.

I can confirm the grey box when trying to code CarPlay for widescreen using BimmerCode:

Hu_nbt> 3000hmi> carplay_fullscreen

I would rather just pay someone for the rest of the settings so I can do the coding myself. I have a 2019 M550i with a CarPlay subscription and I only want to enable widescreen. I have version P firmware since my car was build in December 2018. If it is more involved than that, then I'm not sure I want to mess with it. In other words, I don't want my car's signature to change. My preference is to do all of the coding through BimmerCode in Expert Mode.

So... Is this even possible? I don't want to run into warranty issues or having my stuff overwritten if BMW does a firmware update. if it's done with BimmerCode then I easily put it right back. I don't mind paying for the work, I just want to be able to add/remove it on my own w/o a remote coding session each time.

Thanks,
David
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 12:46 AM   #51
Gtz1wickedest
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5

If only we can get YouTube to work 😞
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 01:43 AM   #52
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:

I can confirm the grey box when trying to code CarPlay for widescreen using BimmerCode:

I would rather just pay someone for the rest of the settings so I can do the coding myself. I have a 2019 M550i with a CarPlay subscription and I only want to enable widescreen. I have version P firmware since my car was build in December 2018. If it is more involved than that, then I'm not sure I want to mess with it. In other words, I don't want my car's signature to change. My preference is to do all of the coding through BimmerCode in Expert Mode.

So... Is this even possible? I don't want to run into warranty issues or having my stuff overwritten if BMW does a firmware update. if it's done with BimmerCode then I easily put it right back. I don't mind paying for the work, I just want to be able to add/remove it on my own w/o a remote coding session each time.

Thanks,
David
David,

Did you try to code any values ? I can read my Hu_nbt> 3000hmi> carplay_fullscreen settings and see what's written since I have the full screen CarPlay. I hope it is as easy as setting only these bits.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2019, 01:45 AM   #53
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David
David,

Did you try to code any values ? I can read my Hu_nbt> 3000hmi> carplay_fullscreen settings and see what's written since I have the full screen CarPlay. I hope it is as easy as setting only these bits.
I found out on another forum here that the CarPlay.INI file has to be updated on the actual head unit with the new resolution and icon spacing. It's not just a coding change.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2019, 01:53 AM   #54
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep

Quote:

I found out on another forum here that the CarPlay.INI file has to be updated on the actual head unit with the new resolution and icon spacing. It's not just a coding change.

Do you know how we can access the *.ini file. I know they also add your vin number as well.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2019, 01:54 AM   #55
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David
David,

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David
Do you know how we can access the *.ini file. I know they also add your vin number as well.
I believe it has to be done through esys. Note that if the firmware is updated by BMW, that file will be overwritten will have to be reapplied after.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 01:58 AM   #56
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David
David,

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David
I believe it has to be done through esys. Note that if the firmware is updated by BMW, that file will be overwritten will have to be reapplied after.
Quote:

Thanks,
David
Well if you did pay some like bimmertech to code fullscreen CarPlay, they would discount you if you needed it again in any event the dealer updated your nbtevo 😜
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 01:59 AM   #57
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David
David,

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David
Quote:

Thanks,
David
Well if you did pay some like bimmertech to code fullscreen CarPlay, they would discount you if you needed it again in any event the dealer updated your nbtevo 😜
I've got someone lined up to do it for me. $50. I'm confident I can reapply the file myself if I need to later on.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2019, 02:03 AM   #58
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David
David,

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David
Quote:

Thanks,
David
I've got someone lined up to do it for me. $50. I'm confident I can reapply the file myself if I need to later on.
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David
That's a great price. I paid a lot 😂. But there customer service was awesome.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2019, 02:04 AM   #59
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep

Why are our threads so long 😩
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 08:23 AM   #60
pk9394
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5M

I personal like the spilt screen, so I have can see more than just these apple icons. basically I won't touch it anyway
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2019, 08:38 AM   #61
foldpages
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020

Garage List
2020 AMG E63 S  [0.00]
2020 Jeep Wrangler  [0.00]
2017 X6 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9394 View Post
I personal like the spilt screen, so I have can see more than just these apple icons. basically I won't touch it anyway
Once you go fullscreen you don't want to go back. Especially when using any of the navigation apps.
Appreciate 2
      02-22-2019, 10:12 AM   #62
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Why are our threads so long 😩
Because we're all so passionate!
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2019, 06:40 PM   #63
fr_tz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90/G05 50e

Garage List
2024 G05 50e  [9.50]
Is this an option for me?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 08:03 PM   #64
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr_tz View Post
Is this an option for me?
Yes, you have NBT Evo & can go full screen CarPlay. 😀
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 10:06 PM   #65
F85_RN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5M

I got 2015 and no apple
Play
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 10:18 PM   #66
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by F85_RN View Post
I got 2015 and no apple
Play
Me too, but I can't wait for this company to finish developing a wireless version of CarPlay for us BMW owners.
Appreciate 0