BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-03-2017, 12:20 AM   #1
LBBX5M
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X5M F85 Akra, RaceChip

PP Performance tune vs Racechip

So I spotted a DG X5M on the street the other day and decided to step on it while I was behind him.

We were both dead still keeping the same distance going from 40-75mph but I noticed he had more pops than what I have running RC and Dinan intake coupled with Akra exhaust.

After we stopped for a chat, He was running Akra and PP Performance tune.
He had his ECU sent to Germany for tuning and it cost him around 2700-3000 USD. Both of us overtake GLS 63S easily let alone RR SVR's. But ... Thumbs up for the exhaust pops they are amazing. he mentioned that the pops become extreme when he have his driving mode switched to M2 and he mentioned especially if he is driving using F1.

This forum is lacking comparison between Tunes available in the US and tunes available in EU. I wish I can see more factual Data and video comparing tunes

pp-performance.de/en/tuning/bmw/x5/f85-m-575ps
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2017, 08:32 AM   #2
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

@LBBX5M The warranty issues that limits majority of US owners to do a flash tune. Tuner need to crack open or drill a hole on the ECU to flash it.
Secondly, to do it properly, is the price.
Lastly, the reliability.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 11:41 AM   #3
carlos@velosdesignwerks
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBBX5M View Post
So I spotted a DG X5M on the street the other day and decided to step on it while I was behind him.

We were both dead still keeping the same distance going from 40-75mph but I noticed he had more pops than what I have running RC and Dinan intake coupled with Akra exhaust.

After we stopped for a chat, He was running Akra and PP Performance tune.
He had his ECU sent to Germany for tuning and it cost him around 2700-3000 USD. Both of us overtake GLS 63S easily let alone RR SVR's. But ... Thumbs up for the exhaust pops they are amazing. he mentioned that the pops become extreme when he have his driving mode switched to M2 and he mentioned especially if he is driving using F1.

This forum is lacking comparison between Tunes available in the US and tunes available in EU. I wish I can see more factual Data and video comparing tunes

pp-performance.de/en/tuning/bmw/x5/f85-m-575ps
Hello,

We have done quite a few of these for our dealers as well as for local clients. It is possible and reliability is solid. The concern some clients have is the method of doing this upgrade which requires working on the ECU which is the same as most vehicles these days. Feel free to give us a call to discuss (7864016520) this option or our Module solutions that are currently discounted heavily for the Holiday season. Here are a few videos of our X5M.

Appreciate 0